2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Here is another Dreamworld update for you all!

DSC_0247_zps2ed206b4.jpg

It's back

DSC_0248_zps4dfac79a.jpg

Looks nice too

DSC_0246_zps9901cd4c.jpg

That was there advertising for a movie thats name has escaped me...

DSC_0254_zps38157fa9.jpg

Ocean Parade also got a new sign, so I guess that theme won't be changing anytime soon.

DSC_0317_zps8d072d90.jpg

Nothing really to see from the site of the new ride. But the concrete slab is looking increasingly ready for parts.

DSC_0312_zpsc12de7d4.jpg

Wipeout time

DSC_0271_zpsd811b11e.jpg

The waves are back!

DSC_0272_zps1cb446d2.jpg

Wipeout.

Over to Gold Rush Country...

DSC_0191_zps6d3d2166.jpg

Theming.

DSC_0195_zpsdaf0282f.jpg

Theming?

Nice shots!

I'll see if i can put the old logo up against the new one for a comparison... The ocean parade one looks like it's had a paint, but doesn't look 'new'...

With the 'Big 9' do we have a 'site shot' to show this slab in relation to the rest of the site - ie: does the footer give us an idea of what ride it will be?

With the movie - looks like it might be the new 'how to train your dragon 2' ?

The Dreamworld sign is just a fresh coat of paint and I stand corrected, the Ocean Parade sign is just a repaint but they removed the sand and beach ball from the bottom of it.

I didn't get a 'site shot' this time but if you look from my photos last week you can see that it is positioned over near where Snack Attack is (it isn't centred on the site). If it is indeed for a Power Surge the other part of the site could be used for the coffee shop? I got this though, might help?

DSC_0316_zpsc9fb9e55.jpg

That could be what the dragon is from. It's whatever movie they have that Dreamworks competition for.

- - - - -

The rest of the update:

DSC_0506_zps3fc4c90c.jpg

Over to Buzzsaw...

DSC_0469_zps5865216c.jpg

Not sure what they were thinking when they originally designed Buzzsaw's queue, it now looks like it'll never be used again with a fence built at the gate and this put up above it for shade.

DSC_0335_zps98282ae3.jpg

The river didn't look very nice over near the Billabong Buffet Restaurant.

DSC_0337_zpse8177734.jpg

Wasn't too bad over near the Motor Coaster though...

DSC_0336_zps09a91c71.jpg

Looks like some relatively new signs!

DSC_0355_zps76142b24.jpg

But, it is Dreamworld. They were on a tight budget ok?!

DSC_0339_zps3d999788.jpg

*Cue whining*

DSC_0340_zpscdb46808.jpg

Theming?

DSC_0359_zps192f5bd3.jpg

"Twisty goodness!"

Here are the two comparisons:

You can see the logo has just had a lick of paint.

post-152-0-63535400-1404188487_thumb.jpg

Over at ocean parade - they have removed some elements - like the beach ball, but overall, a repaint is the only change here.

post-152-0-92852800-1404188550_thumb.jpg

And while i've been uploading, downunder answered both.... here are the comparisons anyway!

I do hope that Dreamworld don't get a Powersurge. I see that as a ride that are at carnivals. It is at the Ekka and Gold Coast Show every year. I don't see it as a ride which should be in a theme park. I'm really hoping for something different, something that hasn't been seen on the Gold Coast before.

I'm really hoping for something different, something that hasn't been seen on the Gold Coast before.

Air Race 8.2? ;) I wonder if the ride is going be themed to Kevil Hill slice the ride is going to be near Zombie Evilution It would be kinda cool?... Edited by The_Ninja_59

I do hope that Dreamworld don't get a Powersurge. I see that as a ride that are at carnivals. It is at the Ekka and Gold Coast Show every year. I don't see it as a ride which should be in a theme park. I'm really hoping for something different, something that hasn't been seen on the Gold Coast before.

I would like to see Dreamworld do something really unique, but i don't think this is a fair comment. There are MANY examples of rides in parks that are both travelling fairground and park-permanent models. Spooty spin avalanche... Tasmanian Devil (wonderland) vs. Thunderbolt Alpine Bobs... Waveswingers... Topspins... they did a great job with Wipeout... wait and see how they do it first...

I would like to see Dreamworld do something really unique, but i don't think this is a fair comment. There are MANY examples of rides in parks that are both travelling fairground and park-permanent models. Spooty spin avalanche... Tasmanian Devil (wonderland) vs. Thunderbolt Alpine Bobs... Waveswingers... Topspins... they did a great job with Wipeout... wait and see how they do it first...

Considering there are traveling air races I thought they did very well with Pandamonium. It's the best themed in the world as far as I'm concerned, level with the one at Tivoli in Denmark.

Nice to see Dreamworld actually trying to make the park look good. Keep it up Dreamworld. :-)

I totally agree. It is great to see them repainting/changing signs to give them a fresh look. With the re-theming of Wipeout, and potentially another popular ride, maybe Dreamworld have had a change of thought and are starting to bring life back into the park.