2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I didn't think to look sorry. When I was there last Friday it was done up to the flat area in front of the GD sign if that makes sense. So I think there is still quiet a bit to go but don't hold me to it. I'll check it out on Friday and see if I can get some pics of it.

Thanks alright. Did you notice any other changes on the River Rapids?

Once again, upload photos directly to Parkz if you wish to share. We don't really need 15MB+ of photos in a single post slowing the site for everyone.

If I'm posting my photos to multiple sites (which I do) I'm not going to upload them in 5 different places. I upload them to 1 site and use them all from there. I post these pictures for everyone's benefit, I get absolutely nothing out of it and if you don't want me linking photos to my Flickr then I guess this forum will have to go without then.

Thanks alright. Did you notice any other changes on the River Rapids?

I didn't bother riding it yesterday but from the outside I didn't notice anything different. The only thing that might interest you is when I rode last Wednesday the dinosaur straight out of the tunnel had full movement which I hadn't noticed before.

Edited by downunder196

If I'm posting my photos to multiple sites (which I do) I'm not going to upload them in 5 different places. I upload them to 1 site and use them all from there. I post these pictures for everyone's benefit, I get absolutely nothing out of it and if you don't want me linking photos to my Flickr then I guess this forum will have to go without then.

It's not like you're on dialup and it takes 5 hours to upload them.

Do you think you'll show em who's boss by withholding your updates from Parkz? This has already been debated in depth.

As I've just delightfully discovered - AdBlockPlus actually blocks external images such as Flickr - so i'm already going without them - and to be honest - i'd much rather wait for a parkz update - taken with good quality cameras, and tongue firmly planted in cheek, happy to poke fun at the park while at the same time showcasing the changes.

(Unrelated sidenote - i'm getting really jack of every kid with a digicam thinking he's a shit-hot photographer who deserves the exposure he craves.)

It's not like you're on dialup and it takes 5 hours to upload them.

Do you think you'll show em who's boss by withholding your updates from Parkz? This has already been debated in depth.

As I've just delightfully discovered - AdBlockPlus actually blocks external images such as Flickr - so i'm already going without them - and to be honest - i'd much rather wait for a parkz update - taken with good quality cameras, and tongue firmly planted in cheek, happy to poke fun at the park while at the same time showcasing the changes.

(Unrelated sidenote - i'm getting really jack of every kid with a digicam thinking he's a shit-hot photographer who deserves the exposure he craves.)

Interesting. I'm also running abp on chrome. It must be the list you subscribe to or maybe you blocked flickr in the past, but the photos display for me fine.

In his defense, uploading a photo on an ADSL 2+ connection can take a good 10 minutes depending on the size and resolution. When I put a photo up on my site it takes about 10 minutes and that's just a 10-20mb photo. If they're resized on here to say 1000px on the longest side it shouldn't take any time at all.

And I slightly resent you side note comment.

My side note was unrelated to the current topic - it isn't all about you - i was being general. I worked as a professional photographer both in pro-labs and theme parks. I had tertiary qualifications in photography. I learned the hard way before digital filters and all the rest.

My comments weren't, and aren't directed at anyone specifically, but just with the general notion these days that anyone with a <3 year old camera, or a DSLR is somehow worthy of screentime. I want to state that again - I was NOT directing that at ANYONE.

ABP is a brand new corporate install this morning - it hasn't been customised in any way. I like it already.

...for those people clearly unable to discern between a photograph, and a vegetable - I would point out that the photographer's contribution towards the discussion is amply more than your vegetative input.

How bout giving them a break and just being thankful that someone is down at the park taking photos so your sorry ass doesn't have to. (And If you still take issue with it - how about you head on down there, and take a better shot!)

Called tongue-in-cheek AlexB

As the photographer I was commenting to, had a go at another poster just 2 days ago saying their photo was taken with a potato.

So if my 'vegetative input' & contribution to this site offends you in some way - get over it, because I don't really care.

Unrelated or not, what's wrong with sharing and exposure? Photography is largely a hobby. I don't see the issue with people wanting to share their work. FWIW my father and brother, as with many professional photographers, self taught and don't have any tertiary qualifications. Since we're listing credentials and achievements today, they have won multiple categories in large competitions worldwide -- they got to where they were by sharing and critiquing theirs and other's work and contributing to the community, not by being spiteful of other "shit hot" photographers and questioning their right to share their work.

Wasn't it just this morning AlexB was complaining about people complaining about the amount of photos being shared here?

How bout giving them a break and just being thankful that someone is down at the park taking photos so your sorry ass doesn't have to. (And If you still take issue with it - how about you head on down there, and take a better shot!)

Um....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyway, back to Dreamworld! I went out to the Dreamworld Corroboree too yesterday to see what it is all about:

15308794636_e8b8910611_z.jpg

One of the signs leading to the area.

15145247809_f6a789a88e_z.jpg

Some aboriginal art is seen around the area.

15145212729_ec1ea98f32_z.jpg

Inside the Corroboree, guests are welcomed by a large Indigenous map of Australia on the floor.

15145435887_4f2ed6136a_z.jpg

Queensland on that map.

15145461567_c35569e8c4_z.jpg

There is a large screen which shows a film a few times throughout the day.

15328825151_b6abf18598_z.jpg

The rest of the building is made up of information about Indigenous Australians.

15145242850_54276bab72_z.jpg

There was someone outside explaining the didgeridoo to people and playing it for them.

15308867466_357c3075d8_z.jpg

How could you forget the souvenir store?!

Again, hope you guys enjoy the update. I have a couple more photos of some animals and the lake which I will be posting tonight. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask. Also, if you want to see the full sized images click on the link in my signature.

Don't get on your high horse and have a whinge about me 'advertising' my page. If you don't want to see full resolution images, it's simple, don't click the link.

Apology.

We all have our bad days. That's no excuse. I just had a beef with someone external to the site regarding photographers and it carried over. It shouldn't have.

For me, I saw Downunder's response to Richard's comments regarding hotlinking to be quite disrespectful. Although the policy has been put into effect it doesn't really seem to be managed. For the site owner to specifically state his reasons and for someone to specifically tell him to like it or lump it pissed me off.

I also didn't mean to imply that a person needed qualifications in order to be a good photographer, I was just trying to give my own background on my viewpoint.

In the end - it's not my issue, and I've let something get to me that really has no bearing on me. I can't see photos that are hotlinked in two of the three access points I have to this site, which is really my only issue - in that I can't see what others refer to unless posted here.

FWIW I apologise to those I incorrectly and inappropriately directed my acid tongue this morning - and into the afternoon. I'll stick to hitting the 'report' button and leaving it up to those whose job it is to deal with it - and let them choose how they wish to do so.

I think i'll take a self-enforced ban for a while...

Apology.

For me, I saw Downunder's response to Richard's comments regarding hotlinking to be quite disrespectful. Although the policy has been put into effect it doesn't really seem to be managed. For the site owner to specifically state his reasons and for someone to specifically tell him to like it or lump it pissed me off.

Apology accepted. You're usually a nice enough guy anyway. I'll call off the hit.

I have to completely agree with you. I think it's absolutely pathetic and disrespectful - the attitude of "I'll do what I want and too bad if you don't like it" directly the the site's owner no less. Sadly I have no authority to do anything about this and clearly the admins and Richard have a much higher tolerance level than I and they're well within their right to do so as they see fit.

I do hope you reconsider your self imposed ban. And hey, if we want high res over saturated we know where to find them.

And if anyone wants to have a bitch about my photos, go for it, that's what they're in the other photo threads for.