2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

That isn't an emergency stop, it's just a common fault. As with any ride if the computer loses track of where either of the arms are at any point during the cycle (or it's not where it's supposed to be at a certain time) the ride will shut down. From what i've heard with WipeOut (might not be 100% true but it does make sense) when this happens the other arm keeps going for a moment and the computer tries to get the ride running again with both arms but after a set time (I think 10 - 15 seconds) if the ride can't resynchronise it shuts down like it has here.

It's probably just having a bad day, like any ride (in particular Green Lemon, Superman and Scooby) can have.

That isn't an emergency stop, it's just a common fault. As with any ride if the computer loses track of where either of the arms are at any point during the cycle (or it's not where it's supposed to be at a certain time) the ride will shut down. From what i've heard with WipeOut (might not be 100% true but it does make sense) when this happens the other arm keeps going for a moment and the computer tries to get the ride running again with both arms but after a set time (I think 10 - 15 seconds) if the ride can't resynchronise it shuts down like it has here.

It's probably just having a bad day, like any ride (in particular Green Lemon, Superman and Scooby) can have.

That green Lemon tho....

Thanks themagician.

Just out of curiosity, and i've always wondered this - does anyone prefer one map style over the other? I do like the way Movie World's looks (hand drawn) versus Dreamworld's map type. It's by no means anything that I think actually matters, they're park maps afterall, I don't even use them, and they both serve their purpose equally as well, I just like the quirkiness of the hand drawn type.

The wipeout has emergency stopped 3 times today and ends up like you see in the pic... right after the slow completely horizontal flip... the ride is meant to start flailing around randomly... but the left arm loses power on the way up after the coming down from the slow-flip... its kinda hard to explain but it definatly looks like when I saw it happen twice that the left arm loses power cos the right arm keeps going half way up then it stops and levels out slightly but not completely... leaving the people swinging in the position In the photo...

It's not an emergency stop, just a computer shutdown because the ride couldn't automatically repair itself if that makes sense, something to do with the computer not liking it when it realises one arm is out of place. Also I really wish they would change Wipeout back to the original longer cycle. The current one is thrilling but just too short.

What he said, I was on the ride when it got stuck during that day. Maintenance came and "manually" lowered the ride back into starting position without issue. I would speculate possibly the reason it does not do the more intense cycles is possibly because it would cause these issues to occur more frequently.

Something about Movieworld's map just makes it look like the park is bigger than it really is.

Agreed.

It's funny that in the same breath as telling Yoshi not to make assumptions on what people prefer, he also makes the statement that Coke Zero is way better than Pepsi Max. He definitely is LOL, man.

Different promotions don't really matter - typically if coke is on special at coles, pepsi is on special at woolworths, and vice versa. It tends to alternate each week so it's always on special somewhere. That said - Pepsi product is consistently cheaper than coke products. I use the can cube as a barometer - and consistently Pepsi can cubes sell at approximately 50c a can ($15 for a 30 pk). Coke 30 packs normally sell "on special" for $22-23.

Regardless of what the price points are and how that affects sales, it's the sales results that matter. You can't just say Pepsi max will sell more because it's cheaper. Nobody is going to buy something they don't like. I hate aniseed flavours - so if I went to buy jelly beans, and they had mixed colour for $5 and black only for $2... i'm still going to pay $5.

I've got a challenge for those of you who are staunch supporters of one flavour...

Switch - for 2 weeks - to the other side. If you prefer Max - drink coke zero only for 2 weeks. (and vice versa). They say that your tastebuds take up to a week to adjust to new different flavours... this is why water might taste funny if you move house to a different region... but after settling in, you don't notice it anymore (same as moving to or from tank water).

I guarantee any staunch supporter of one or the other will change their tune after two weeks....

I am not a staunch supporter of either, I generally buy MAX on special or in general, or Coke Zero on other occasions.

That said CocaCola is far superior to Pepsi in my (and judging on sales) most views. I have no issue with Dreamworld switching to Pepsi it is obviously a business decision.

I would presume though Pepsi is a lot cheaper in both postmix and bottled variety and they are making more of a profit considering the cost has not gone down ($4.80 for 600ml)

Recorded a video of Tail Spin on Thursday see below.

Edited by Jordan M.

Quick question re DW switching to pepsi, but why are people considering Pepsi alone? You'd get a whole suite of drinks as part of the deal...Mountain Dew etc.

Does that even it up?

In my view, certainly! See this photo.

I am partial to Moutain Dew and Pink Lemonade ^_^

Holy saturation batman!

I felt like the video should "pop" a little :P. However rest assured that your feedback has been passed on to the relevant team for necessary action. :P