Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adventure World's latest Throwback Thursday post - one of the original park maps. Pretty sure I've got the tea towel of this somewhere. The kids' part of the park certainly has changed. It was a lot more like Tom Sawyer's Island then. I remember the circus arena too. Very cool. When are they going to bring back wooden rulers as souvenirs?

post-2597-0-14246900-1427970519_thumb.jp

Adventure World's latest Throwback Thursday post - one of the original park maps. Pretty sure I've got the tea towel of this somewhere. The kids' part of the park certainly has changed. It was a lot more like Tom Sawyer's Island then. I remember the circus arena too. Very cool. When are they going to bring back wooden rulers as souvenirs?

Adventure World had an alpine slide before?

I have another suggestion for AW, last time I visited, the pool was filthy and really murky, I think they should replace that pool with a wave pool. I think that it would be quite a big project, but I think it will make the park a whole lot better. I mean, some of the best water parks around the world have wave pools. There is enough room for a wave pool anyways, so why not?

Adventure World had an alpine slide before?

Indeed and a cute little mono rail type bike thing that took you back up. It was always breaking down and kids were always coming off the Toboggan slides despite the signage, so they ditched it around the early 90s.

At one stage Funfields and Adventure World must have been practically identical. I wonder if that's our clue to AW's next attraction.

Indeed and a cute little mono rail type bike thing that took you back up. It was always breaking down and kids were always coming off the Toboggan slides despite the signage, so they ditched it around the early 90s.

At one stage Funfields and Adventure World must have been practically identical. I wonder if that's our clue to AW's next attraction.

Personally, I wouldn't be too excited if it was a bowl ride but Funfields has a pretty good version.

I have another suggestion for AW, last time I visited, the pool was filthy and really murky, I think they should replace that pool with a wave pool. I think that it would be quite a big project, but I think it will make the park a whole lot better. I mean, some of the best water parks around the world have wave pools. There is enough room for a wave pool anyways, so why not?

I'm not sure it'd be worth it; Bayswater Waves already has a wave pool, and considering the expense of redesigning the pool area and installing the wave equipment I don't think the ROI would be there.

^ Inverted dueling log flume with hi-five element and zero-g roll........made by B&M and pre-refurbished by Mack, all run by Adventure World's new owners, Disney.

Busted! how did you guys figure all that out?

^ Thanks, Mark. Didn't see that clip. I presume construction starts after the season finishes.

Pretty much, or perhaps a few days before if they can mobilise fast enough.

Mark is the new ride expected to be open when the next season restarts or is it going to open after?

Thanks in advanced,

Tim :D:D:D

Hi Tim

At present looking around 2nd week in October but that may change depending on weather conditions given the site is not the easiest for access due to the levels.

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide