2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

One thing I do feel sorry for though, and that's the ride attendants of the new Hoot 'n' Hop ride. It has its own somewhat annoying theme song which plays whilst the ride is in operation, with Hoot & Hootabelle singing. I can imagine many of them will be hearing it repeating in their head as they try to sleep at night, after hearing it play over and over all day at work LOL.

From experience - I can tell you that there are strategies to counter that aspect, but eventually you tune it out... don't even notice it.

I have seen on occasion a period of time when TI was vacant - and the door is always left open so that when they release a tiger, there is nothing in it's way between the BOH pen and the front display pen... if something stops it (such as a closed door) it could get distracted and that may cause issues... (eg: someone needing to open the door whilst backed into a corner with 1-3 tigers!)

Its possible it's just a changeover... How long has it been that way? A few minutes? An hour? All day?

I'm really getting the feel that they're gonna revamp cyclone to V8 theme.

The annual maintenance period for the Cyclone as stated on DW's website....

"This ride will be closed for annual maintenance from Monday 12 October through to Sunday 15 November 2015 inclusive. "

Hmmm... the 15th of November is a few weeks early for a Summer launch???  :lol::lol::lol: Unless maybe they end up keeping it closed for an additional amount of time, despite it not being listed. Also, would a month be long enough for them to completely overhaul the Cyclone? Seems like it has a lot of work to be had. Then again, maybe the giant Turbine queuing area can be transformed to look like a giant tire or something so they don't have to remove it :P

Interesting theory, nonetheless....

The annual maintenance period for the Cyclone as stated on DW's website....

"This ride will be closed for annual maintenance from Monday 12 October through to Sunday 15 November 2015 inclusive. "

Hmmm... the 15th of November is a few weeks early for a Summer launch???  :lol::lol::lol: Unless maybe they end up keeping it closed for an additional amount of time, despite it not being listed. Also, would a month be long enough for them to completely overhaul the Cyclone? Seems like it has a lot of work to be had. Then again, maybe the giant Turbine queuing area can be transformed to look like a giant tire or something so they don't have to remove it :P

Interesting theory, nonetheless....

If Dreamworld gets organised and puts enough people on the job, I'm sure they could get it done. I don't think a reno to the Cyclone would be anything massive. It would really be similar to the TOT refurb, where some paint is applied and some new fixtures are added in. It wouldn't entail a demolition of the building and a rebuild from scratch.