Sea World maintenance

pushbutton

On 12/2/2016 at 8:11 PM, pushbutton said:

here push these old post card photos show adventure island and the adventure island ferry as well as the park with the water slides off the castle and before and after lasseter's lost mine ride was built and the dolphin and seal shows at the front of the park

ps sorry with the mess i have made the quote

I know Sea World had dolphins before 1996, so where did they used to be?

seaworld - adventure island and ferry.JPG

seaworld - adventure island and ferry.JPG 2.JP3.JPG

seaworld - adventure island and ferry.JPG 2.JPG

seaworld - adventure island and ferry.JPG 4.JPG

seaworld - adventure island and ferry.JPG 5.JPG

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Thanks Jeffrey. I'll enjoy looking closer at those later. 

So looking at the last postcard, does that mean Sea World was once in Surfers Paradise?

no just the mistake made by the post card company i would think

you will also notice the adventure island ferry docked at what is now nickelodeon land

Edited by JeffreyMoore

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I got a reply back from Sea World regarding the future of the monorail. 

Reading between the lines all I can say is make the most of it while you can. 

Did you email them, because they don't seem to have responded to your facebook post?

What was the actual reply they sent you?

I would be very dissapointed if they removed the monorail. But maybe all this is part of a big plan for the park. In the past year they've removed quite a bit from the park, but maybe those spaces will be transformed into upcoming attractions, and will make better use of the spaces. If they removed the Monorail, then the section of track that crosses over the old SV site would create a free and large open space with no obstructions, which could then allow for an even larger, or multiple attractions to be installed.

Push's new Profile Pic?

Lyle_Lanley.thumb.png.ed506ccafe51eaa32f

Jokes aside, If the monorail is on the way out, it would be very disappointing if the Monorail was to cease operation. Considering it is the first and soon to be the only operating monorail in the country. I have no problems with a complete upgrade though.
Also considering this is the parks last transport option and potentially big capacity cruncher, it would be sad and very bad news for the park if the monorail went the way of the dodo.

3 hours ago, Original said:

But wait Push what did the email say? We haven't even seen the wording, that you say alludes to the removal of it.

The message was "We have no news to share, but we'll be sure to post something on Facebook if anything changes".

So just a generic "No comment" really. 

In view of the fact I told them how important the monorail is to me,  I believe that if there was any comment to keeping the monorail long term the reply would have included something like "Whilst we cannot reveal any details at the moment, we can assure you that a monorail will be at Sea World for many years to come".

So I don't know anything for certain, but as I said reading between the lines of their inability to give any assurance, it sounds to me like at best they will just wait until it completely fails and then scrap it. At worst they might actually have a plan to remove the monorail but they are not able to give the details. 

Edited by pushbutton

They haven't provided an assurance because they can't - that doesn't mean it's on the out - it just means they can't be sure it's staying "for many years to come". It might be that they've planned to remove it next week, or it might be that their PR guys can't speak for unexpected maintenance faults that arise in a year or two after being struck by lightning that prevents them from continuing the ride.

Nobody can provide an assurance that a mechanical vehicle will be around for many years to come as nobody knows what can or will happen #DWRR

12 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Unfortunately, due to the immaturity and lack of discretion and respect a few members here have displayed, I am going to have to share less on this forum from now on.

Richard. Your call if you want to do anything about that. 

You lasted 18 posts since joining the forums until you started complaining about the people here. I also find it hilarious that I was the first one to be complained about. 

And then maybe 20 or so posts after that you complained again, this one I'll give you though as the "troll" has since been deleted so fair call there. 

Then within another 5 or 6 posts, you're complaining about me again. 

You even made an entire thread to complain - based on previous posts, it would seem mostly about me - 

So isn't the logical conclusion to take from this that you don't like me. That's fine. 

So why then does it seem that despite your numerous threats to use the ignore list, and then to claim that you've used said ignore list here and here are you still reading and taking offence to posts made by me and @AlexB ? 

I hear you @reanimated35 to lighten the mood Skeet has a joke.

Harry the Complainer and his wife happened to pass away on the same day and
as they await their interview with St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, they're
approached by an angel.

"Hello," says the angel. "I'm your host, and welcome to Heaven. In a few
moments you'll be entering through our famous Pearly Gates for the most
fantastic adventure you've ever experienced. You'll have a chauffeur driven
limousine service anywhere in the universe, plus deluxe accommodations at
our luxury hotel with all the amenities -- pool, Jacuzzi, indoor tennis
courts, and more. Then after your day of relaxation, dine at any of our
5-star restaurants savouring the finest of any cuisine known to man."

At this point, Harry gives his wife a shove in the ribs with his elbow. "If
it wasn't for you and that stupid oat bran, we'd have been here ten years
ago!"

And if that does not help then Skeet has some medication.

a.thumb.jpg.9f7872c825fc572cb4912b2592c6

Edited by skeetafly

I do have to agree with @Richard and side in support with @pushbutton on this one (holy shit, i know!!!) but publicly outing someone who goes by an Alias is something I disagree with.

Some people on these forums have aliases, but make no real secret of their identity. Others go solely by their online persona, and keep that separate to even their facebook acount (you all know who you are).

We should all respect one another's right to privacy.

Granted, I know that it wasn't hard to connect the dots between the public post on SW's page and the member on the forums, but just because @reanimated35 is smart enough to figure it out, doesn't mean we should make it easier for the rest.

Edit: I personally have outed someone's facebook page on these forums, but given their user name was their full first, middle and last name, it wasn't exactly a secret persona - so I don't think it counts

Edited by AlexB
#RWC

I agree Richard but I know if I say something on Facebook group, especially on a site that Parkz members frequent all the time then I need to take some responsibility for what I post.  Especially if what I write is the same thing on both sites.  I’m not super smart but I worked it out way before it was ever posted here.  It’s a member’s responsibility to protect their own identity.  Not only did the person write it here, the person sent an email and posted it on a public group.

Edited by skeetafly