Movie World Fright Nights 2016

On 17 June 2016 at 5:55 PM, downunder said:

Did the short films from last year get posted online anywhere?

No

8 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

just found a post on MW's Facebook page that someone posted saying that they started filming for Fright Nights yesterday, when do you think we will start to hear information about the event?

Last year it was about the end of August, with filming for commercials done in mid August.

Maybe they are just sharing a photo from a previous year, they could have just come across it in an old FB album or desktop folder and decided to reshare it. There's nothing to suggest that's where they were at the time they actually posted the pic online. It's just describing where they were and what they were doing when the photo was taken, if you know what I mean. 

The comments also pretty much clarify that it was a past event, not a recent one ?

Screenshot_20160618-225545.png

ETA: looks to me like the actors featured in this ad... especially the older lady, who is playing the creepy old mother (maybe that's why they are now refer to her as 'mumma bear') ?

Edited by Theme Park Girl

On 6/11/2016 at 9:08 PM, The_Ninja_59 said:

I will try my best to use my selfie stick for the very first time and see what's going on over the wall, 

They still allow those in parks here? Guess that's another thing to add to the list of things I miss from the US parks, security confiscating them from people when entering.

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Fright Nights 2016
1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

It's still almost 4 months out. You won't see cosmetic changes for a while yet... 

Which is why I'm really confused they have already begun on one of the mazes...  Taking out an attraction (sure it's just dogems but they are always busy when we are there) for 6 months...

I

1 hour ago, Wyncenuros said:

Which is why I'm really confused they have already begun on one of the mazes...  Taking out an attraction (sure it's just dogems but they are always busy when we are there) for 6 months...

My guess would be with the unavailability of the studios the design and production process for the mazes may be more time intensive than previous years, so they've knocked one maze off early in an easy location to get the ball rolling 

Here that part of the article explaining this: 

Production crew members have been going hammer and tongs for the past few months to get the film’s epic array of props, costumes and sets, said to include several spaceships, ready for July 4.

The State Government helped fund the new $16 million 4000sq m Sound Stage 9 on the Oxenford studio lot, with construction fast-tracked to ensure it was ready in time for Thor.

While a large share of the film will be shot on giant indoor sets, the shoot will also visit various locations around the region.

As this first look at one of the gothic-inspired sets being built on the studio lot shows, Marvel is being treated to more of the marvellous craftsmanship local crews delivered Disney for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

While Dead Men Tell No Tales shared the Oxenford lot with the cast and crew of Netflix TV series Mako MermaidsThor: Ragnarok will have exclusive use of all of the complex’s nine sound stages.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/its-a-marvel-in-the-making-as-thor-ragnaroks-majestical-universe-rises-on-gold-coast/news-story/dee9d716dfbfdc1e89f472edb04ecaa2

@Cooper Olsen I think it will be the Gatekeeper who has been the FN icon now for two years return who will be this years icon for FN

do we think we will see the Panic Rooms return this as well? I remeber doing The Playpen room and managed to get six minutes before the timer stopped..

Edited by Theme Park Ninja