Movie World Fright Nights 2016

On 1 July 2016 at 2:44 AM, FoolishMortal999 said:

Last year, Aussie World used the Ringmaster for their Halloween event so idk what happened there but it seems to me VRTP don't own the rights to him if he's at Aussie world. 

Did they call him the ringmaster because i found the store where you can buy that exact mask

21 minutes ago, JaggedJanine said:

I think he's actually called the Gate Keeper at MW, not the Ring Master.

From memory, the Gate Keeper was the character featured in the opening ceremony of last year's event, where as the Ringmaster was the not-so successful attempt at an icon for 2013. 

They're definitely not the same character.

EDIT:

I found a photo of the Ringmaster on google, as well as a small photo of the Gatekeeper. 

frightnightanouncment.jpg

stock-photo-125585485.jpg

Edited by Zanstabar

7 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

From memory, the Gate Keeper was the character featured in the opening ceremony of last year's event, where as the Ringmaster was the not-so successful attempt at an icon for 2013. 

They're definitely not the same character.

Quite aware, Was just noting that they now use the GK(the past 2 FN events) instead of the older RM. Don't expect the RM to return this year.

Just now, JaggedJanine said:

Quite aware, Was just noting that they now use the GK(the past 2 FN events) instead of the older RM. Don't expect the RM to return this year.

Ah right. 

From memory, didn't Aussie World use the Ring Master for one of their Halloween events as well? It makes me think that a return would be quite unlikely.

The Purge would loan itself very well to a scare zone. At HHN Hollywood, they'd have a Purge leader on a microphone who would abuse people as they went by as well affirming the values of the purge which created a nice centrepiece scare zone - can't remember from last year, but I think they got rid of that feature (not Purge themed last year in that area) because someone got offended. I watched the movie The Purge not that long ago, it wasn't bad.

I like they're doing this year at both HHN's in the US with Halloween, basing it on the second movie in the hospital which has some great set pieces for a maze.

So I set up my membership for this year last night and decided the extra $2 a month was worth it to have a peek at the night events for the first time in a few years...  With Fright Night being the first to come along was wondering if we know will the UTT make a return and what sort of prices has it been previously?  Not interested in doing the mazes but would love to see the "behind the scenes"...

Also my wife has zero interest in attending FN and would like to actually meet some of the people here so if there is an evening planned for parkz going...  I'm up for that...

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Say what?

thats like going to IKEA and having no interest in furniture/homewares.... But the $2 hotdogs are the bomb!

My mate and his wife go to IKEA every fortnight to just wander around and get out of the house...  And have lunch...

I am interested in the general atmosphere, theme, etc...  Never been big on scare mazes but even since the first year they had one have said I would love to be able to do a behind the scenes to see the amount of hard work put in making these things look so good and where they are able to cheat using lighting and minor dressing to make it look great under lighting while most people will go through screaming or laughing paying attention to the actors...