Star Tour All Access Pass - Behind the scenes at Movie World

1 minute ago, JaggedJanine said:

Absolutely, It was only the first tours so as it progresses and they find out how popular it may become they will add things change things up and take stuff out, to see if they can improve or make the experience better. So there is a 1000% chance i will do it all over again. Even if they didn't change it, It is still definitely worth the experience.

Ditto to what Janine said! As I said earlier above, the bar has been raised very high now, so regular visits aren't going to be the same again ? If I had the money, I'd definitely do it again in a heartbeat as well. Although maybe when Superman Escape, WWF and Doomsday are all open/reopened, so there would be something new chucked in as well ☺️?

On a side note, had such a blast with everyone that went yesterday. Couldn't have imagined a more fun tour group, it was great that we all knew each other either from previous catchups, or from Parkz ☺️

1 minute ago, jjuttp said:

My 2 questions are, are there any gremlins references on Scooby itself, and did Greg name drop us or indirectly reference Parkz (or TPR)?

Yes, there are gremlin references in Scooby. There's evidence of the original ride still in there and it's pointed out and discussed by the Director :) And yes, Parkz was brought up numerous times in chat by Greg. He knew where we were all from! There was only one in the group who wasn't from here (a random teen lol) and he acknowledged this straight up ? 

1 minute ago, jjuttp said:

My 2 questions are, are there any gremlins references on Scooby itself, and did Greg name drop us or indirectly reference Parkz (or TPR)?

No Gremlin references in the ride but there is still evidence of where something use to be! 

Greg knew we were mainly all from parkz. He said he has often checked up on it 3 times a day. Haha. HI GREG!

1 minute ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Yes, there are gremlin references in Scooby. There's evidence of the original ride still in there and it's pointed out and discussed by the Director 

Don't give everything away Nikki!

3 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

Also did anyone ask for specifics on the entire southern end of the park?

Given that from the looks of it, gremlins was at ground level and scooby is elevated, I would doubt there'd be anything you could see on-ride, but having never been on the gremilns ride, I can't be 100% sure on that. 

Specifics on the southern end? You mean DD? 

Well we did ask Greg to go back and get hi-vis vests and hard hats for the rest of us so we could go into that area, I mean, the badges do say "access ALL areas" after all. Sadly that wasn't the case. 

Speaking of, yes, hi Greg! .... now about that tree? :P

While waiting in line at the loading area of Scooby Doo, there is a 'Staff Only' door which leads to a hallway. If I recall correctly this is the hallway you would walk down after exiting the cinema screening pre show of the Gremlins ride. I'm assuming that either a cinema or the remnants of a cinema is still intact? 

I miss the old Police Academy style police cars, like the one seen at the end of the Gremlins ride. What ever happened to these? 

@andrewt92 yep, I actually talked to Greg about this on the weekend and he confirmed the old Gremlins cinemas are still there. They are used for staff orientations and what not now. The Lethal Weapon one apparently still stands as well :) And yeah it's the same hallway that used to have the cackling Gremlin hanging from the light on the way to the carts lol :)

Not sure what happened to the police cars at the end of the ride, but I suspect that maybe the Green Joker car in the Arkham courtyard may be one of them? 

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

@andrewt92 yep, I actually talked to Greg about this on the weekend and he confirmed the old Gremlins cinemas are still there. They are used for staff orientations and what not now. The Lethal Weapon one apparently still stands as well :) And yeah it's the same hallway that used to have the cackling Gremlin hanging from the light on the way to the carts lol :)

Not sure what happened to the police cars at the end of the ride, but I suspect that maybe the Green Joker car in the Arkham courtyard may be one of them? 

The police cars were sold off. Neighbour bought one and had it in his driveway for couple of months, was weird and cool to see it parked at someone's house and not at Movieworld

• Richard changed the title to Star Tour All Access Pass - Behind the scenes at Movie World