Dreamworld Lego Store construction

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

BuzzSaw audio was a sideline project to improve. So there's should be some audio in the area now. @Theme Park Girl can shed more light on that.

Yep, the external ride audio now has Jack Darke narrative added :) Got quite a surprise today when hubby & I got out of our car at the same time as a regular Buzzsaw ride cycle began, and heard unfamiliar sinister, evil sounding voice comments out loud as it was running. The first one I heard was "I told you not to come here!", and there were two or three others as well. Was a fairly exciting moment, as it was all very unexpected lol :lol:

We wandered straight in and over to the ride to check it out. Tried recording a video of the new speech effects, but they were difficult to hear over the miscellaneous pop music playing from the Buzzsaw barn :angry: The existing saw spinning sound effects during the ride cycles were also a lot louder than normal, too. I'll post it anyway, if you guys want to have a listen and see if you can hear it:

I hoped to hear (and maybe try recording) the Jack Darke narrative again when we went back out to the car park around 1pm'ish, as we heard it a lot clearer from there earlier on. But unfortunately by that time they had turned the ride audio off.

I'll try again next time, hopefully they will have it going again :D

I emailed DW to see if they could or would mention anything about the Lego here's what they said.

The Lego Store will be a stand-alone outlet located at Dreamworld’s front gates. The store will have its own entry which can be accessed by guests both internal and external to the park.

They then just added watch this space. So at least they shared something we already knew.

Hopefully they'll make the Lego store blend in with the main entrance like the exit did and everything.

Edited by Ashley

2 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

They might make the Lego store the exit. But he problem will be stopping outside guest from walking into the park.

That's what I was thinking but if they did do that they probably would put up those accordion fences what they had up and just open them when the park is closing.

I think it is sad they are removing the barn building its part of Dreamworld history  however I understand why  that building when first designed in the 80s was intended not only  as a "exit through the gift shop " but as a coach stop and tourist information centre  on your way into the Gold Coast  as time progressed larger truck stops and service stations  made it obsolete for that purpose  and has become the token  "exit through the gift shop"  so I think it's great they are finding a better purpose for it  shame they could not retain the external facade though 

i think they will handle it the way parks manage to handle this things the world over. 

Consider Wonderland - which had the retail plaza before you entered the park gates - the wildlife park however was accessed by a side door in the plaza. You simply presented your ticket at the gate and the staff would let you through. 

But what if i lose my ticket?

i'm sure they could utilise a pass-out stamp to allow people into the shop, and allow them to exit back into the park on presentation of their arm.

i can't really see them doing it any other way - but rest assured there will be some sort of gate between the park and the shop to prevent general public coming in.

Or the cynic in me says that nobody is going to go to dreamworld just to look at a lego shop, and all the guests they have in the shop will be park guests anyway, so controlling entry through there will be unnecessary as nobody will use it, except from inside the park.

we will see.

Just had a look at Dreamworld's food and beverage page on there website and found that the market place hasn't been removed from that page it's just got in red writing closed for renovations, possibly the market place and everything is else is staying and there just going to extend the Lego shop out from where the barn like part was.  

7 hours ago, themagician said:

Today's update: no progress 

image.jpeg

Public holiday in Brisbane (and Logan City)... 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Dreamworld IMO should also open the Brock exhibit to the outside public for a small fee.

My father for example would love to visit it but at his age (72) has no interest in paying full admission to dreamworld to see it as he is a bit over the hill for the rides. 

Whilst there is some merit to the idea, that would be even harder to manage that a retail store regarding people disappearing into the park