Dreamworld Lego Store construction

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to me, it looks like the entrance/exit is being formed there on the lower western side.

Just a thought - has anyone considered the 2nd storey being accessible to guests? It's unlikely though as access to upper floors in these shop buildings is very rare in GC theme parks.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

6 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Well, to me, it looks like the entrance/exit is being formed there on the lower western side.

Just a thought - has anyone considered the 2nd storey being accessible to guests? It's unlikely though as access to upper floors in these shop buildings is very rare in GC theme parks.

Are you referring to the green stairs? Pre-existing. Like the marketplace before it - the ramp will no doubt be accessible, especially as:

• this outlet is likely planned to be a primary exit from the park to drive guests through the store
  • modern constructions have to comply with disability access requirements by law.
  • The store entrance will likely be on the other side (closer to the entrance to the park), which will see it output onto the bitumen ramp rather than use stairs.
    lego store.png

As for there being a second storey of the store, it is possible, given other lego stores do have a second level (take Downtown Disney as an example)

ala_legos.jpgp5056466.jpg

If there is a second level, stairs won't take up much space compared to the added floor space of an additional level, and a small disability access lift won't be much of an issue either.

That said, I don't think the Dreamworld store will need one as its unlikely to see the traffic of a store such as Downtown Disney.

I think we can start making comparisons to stores such as that though as the framework clearly indicates a similar style.

Remember a lot of the WOW with Lego Store is the giant models built out of lego. And the wall of lego. Take a look at your average Toys R Us or even just the WB Department Store at MW - height makes it spacious. It could be a single storey, with high ceilings and nothing more.

@AlexB as always 100% correct.  No mezzanine to Lego Store.  A bit more information.  A new entry next to the Lego Store into the new Market Place will be built. (You won’t have to go through the Lego Store to get into the new market place area).

@Jamberoo Fan Can you add the new entry to your artist impression, it's on the right.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I'll add it when there is more framework up on that side. Anyway, with that confirmation you gave us, I feel more certain that this is the layout of the new Lego Store/Market Place:

LegoGuess3.jpg

@AlexB, on NearMaps, does the Lego Store octagon equal to 350 square metres like DW stated it will?

Also, I just noticed another entrance in an earlier posted photo so here's another 'artist' impression:

LegoStore1.jpg

@Jamberoo FanLegoGuess3.jpg.b83e96fd4574fcff8ae91dc3a3a78ce3.jpg

My guess. I also think they might change the existing shops so you can enter them from the marketplace.  I think the marketplace is going to be one large dining area and kitchen that can also be utilised when DW have events under the outside roof area. 

If they don't have access into the shops from the marketplace maybe the will add some windows between them to get extra natural light into the marketplace.

Photo from @Theme Park Ninja shows a temp wall in place. Which I suspect will be removed once construction finished.

image.jpeg

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Judging from the plans seen in this image, I don't think that temporary wall will become an access way to Market Place particularly given there is a door immediately next to it (you can see it to the left of @Theme Park Ninja's photo). It probably will become a permanent wall (maybe with windows). The plans also show no access to Market Place from Surf Central. Again, probably a wall with windows. Kodak Express has the ATM blocking it access to Market Place I believe.

57d0c2e673fed_LEGOSeniorDirectorofMarketing(AUNZ)TroyTaylor(Left)andDWCEOCraigDavidsoninspecttheLEGOconstructionsiteatDreamworld.JPG.95a8fc28fdb309e3dd8d2c3d558c009d.JPG

The dining area/kitchen you suggested makes good sense as Market Place is supposed to be a 'food hall' but in your guess, you only drew seating areas/walkways (unless the 2 squares behind the first aid room are them? But they are extremely small for a food shop) - there would need to be room for the shops themselves as well as the kitchens. Like in my guess, I drew an approximate location for such shops/kitchens.

Showbag Alley is also very likely to return as the DW website states it it having 'renovations' so I put it in the most narrow or 'alley'-like spot as possible, which is right behind Main Street Emporium - maybe ruling out access to Market Place from Main Street Emporium. The location I put Showbag Alley in is very similar to it's original location. Having access from Main Street Emporium to Market Place somehow (maybe a doorway between 2 showbag stands?) would be a good idea as all tourist attractions have their main souvenir shop at their exit. Market Place's former Last Stop Shop was hardly the main souvenir shop in DW - it was more of a last minute reminder to guests about keeping memories of their visit. Main Street Emporium is definitely DW's main souvenir shop.

But where did the first aid room come from? I don't think DW would block off that end as that was the original exit of DW/entrance of Market Place. Whilst it would be convenient for guests walking from Ocean Parade, the very 'hidden' nature of the new entrance of Market Place would likely get guests coming from other areas of the park confused about the location of the park exit unless they decide to walk into the Lego Store as their exit or DW does decide to build a new main exit inbetween the Lego Store/City Hall. After all, it is next to DW's entrance - the logical place for an exit - and it is very wide, allowing smooth, quick & easy exiting of park guests.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
Added sentence (in brackets) about YLFATEEKS's guess.

I dont know the full layout of everything and how they are going to set it all out.   I was told by my secret agent where I placed the first aid room was the correct location.     The other 3 rooms I do not know what they are for.  One might be a store room for the lego store.     

1 is definitely Kodak Express. 1 might be a Lego Store store room like you suggested The last one is anyone's guess. Did your 'secret agent' also confirm those 2 latter rooms? If those 2 latter rooms are not existent, I can imagine a first aid room located within Market Place next to it's original entrance, next to my guess location of the renovated Showbag Alley (behind the ATM next to Kodak Express outside Market Place). My guess for Showbag Alley is very long in size after all.

Haha I used to but not much anymore. Seriously, though - DW does list Showbag Alley as 'closed for renovations', which indicates it will re-open as part of the renovated Market Place. I feel a bit of a pain for asking this again but did your 'secret agent' also confirm those 2 latter rooms (not what is in them but just the fact there are 2 rooms there)?