Wet 'n' Wild Sydney New Ride 2016/17

jjuttp

So I went up for a ride over to the park today to see if the new ride had been built or if there was anything onsite for it, but alas there was nothing. Not even a shipping container or Skip (apart from the general waste one in the maintenance carpark). The only thing that seemed new was a bunch of dinosaurs placed around the lazy river. But seeing as i havn't been there since season 1, i don't know if they were there last season or not. But i do know they make loud roaring noises that don't get turned off. Here's photos anyway of the dinosaurs and some pallets next to the pump house near the Double BOWLSeye and The Curler's tower. Also my phones digital zoom is terrible and i didn't have my 200mm with me.

20160828_151752.jpg

20160828_151950.jpg

20160828_151959.jpg

20160828_155915.jpg

52 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I'm confused how this thread has anything to do with a new ride? 

On 24/08/2016 at 10:48 AM, pin142 said:

Memberships are now available for Wet'n'Wild Sydney, what's more interesting is talk of a new attraction in the email.

Screenshot_20160824-104612.jpg

jjuttp Went for a walk and couldn't find the new ride.

Who said it was a new ride?

The email, as posted above says 'new attraction'

It also says 'roaring in' which, in my opinion, is a perfectly apt description of some bloody dinosaurs, especially when you consider @jjuttp's post below:

13 hours ago, jjuttp said:

i don't know if they were there last season or not. But i do know they make loud roaring noises that don't get turned off.

In case this is still heaps a mystery to anyone:

Due to reopen in September for the 2016/2017 season, a number of strategic and operational initiatives are underway for Wet ’n’ Wild Sydney including:

• The introduction of a membership program
  • An “open all summer” policy extending the operating hours of the park
  • A new Dinosaur Lagoon attraction to drive visitation
  • Opening a Village Bean Cafe to expand food and beverage offerings
  • Special event program (Fright Nights, similar to the event held at Warner Bros. Movie World) at Halloween
  • Summer Concert Series in conjunction with Sony Music
  • Premium lounge with views of the park and high quality food to drive revenue
  • A number of guest experience enhancements (including additional shade structures and a slide queue reservation system available to all guests

Everything above is for Financial Year 2016/2017.

Source: Village Roadshow Limited Preliminary Final 2015/16 Financial Year Report

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

3 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

A Fright Nights though?

A "Fright Fest" to be exact...

Wet’n’Wild Sydney’s Fright Fest.

In an all new and completely terrifying event Wet’n’Wild Sydney transforms into a world of horror and fear this October as the park hosts our very first Fright Fest. Get your costumes on and your scared faces ready for a Halloween event that will have you screaming for more. With two Haunted Houses, three Panic Rooms, a cast of devilish and ghastly creatures plus all your favourite Food Trucks this limited capacity event will scare you like nothing you have ever experienced before.

Fright Fest will operate from 7.00pm – 11.00pm from Thursday 27 October – Monday 31 October. Admission for Fright Fest will be a separate ticketed event and an entry cost will apply. Special pricing will be available for Premium and Ultimate Season Membership holders. Rides, slides and pools will not operate

• 3 weeks later...

Wet 'N' Wild Sydney opens tomorrow for it's 2016/2017 season.

Like I was highly expecting, Dinosaur Lagoon is just dinosaur statues placed around Boomerang Bay:

Wet 'n' Wild Sydney is having an 'opening celebration' over the weekend to celebrate the new season with Havana Brown performing on Saturday & Will Sparks performing on Sunday.

Also, Weekend Today will be broadcasting live from the park on Sunday. If you want to be there while they go on the air, you can register here.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• 2 months later...

Received a Wet 'n' Wild Sydney brochure today. This is part of what it reads:

We know we haven't got it quite right sometimes, so we've made some BIG changes and we want to tell you all about it!

Is this them acknowledging the park isn't up to the general public's expectations only after 3 years of operations?

Better than no acknowledgement I suppose...

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

@jjuttp, the brochure tells the general public about these:

• Tap 'n' Play
  • Extra Shade
  • Dinosaur Lagoon
  • Village Bean Coffee House
  • Club W
  • Summer Days Pass
  • 2016/2017 Season Opening Days/Hours
  • Cinema In The Sand
  • ShowTime FMX Summer Slam
  • Summer Music series
  • Nickelodeon Beach

It also mentions 5 'top tips' & provides a voucher for 1 day of free parking.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20 December 2016 at 10:10 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

Is this them acknowledging the park isn't up to the general public's expectations only after 3 years of operations?

Sheesh, 3 years already? And I've only been twice.... I'll have to go again but my gut tells me it'll still be disappointing.

Has anyone tried Club W? Its interesting because its $30 per person, rather than a fixed amount like a cabana. It also includes snacks and drinks, so its not bad value if its just a few people. Im curious if there are lockers or something because the website says "you can leave your belongings in your designated area" .

Edited by Chubu