Dreamworld - no new roller coaster 2017-18?

Jamberoo Fan

16 hours ago, www worker 2.0 said:

With WWW however I can confirm there will be a new slide tower in the green area besides the Little Rippers (but is all I can say on the matter at this stage.)

And yes the boarded up view on the Railway is to block a carpark nothing more.

10 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Is this the potential for WWW stage 2 to surface again or was this unrelated? 

Slide tower was not beside the Little Rippers.

Capture.JPG

Stage 3 is dead.

Before people go wow look what WWW are building.  Image shown fell into a hole with the big bang.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

6 hours ago, pin142 said:

All depends on where the house sits in relation to land ownership as to what happens with it. Given how far the house is from the main areas of the park it is highly unlikely it will be used for the development.

Looking at the Westfield development plans I found on the GCCC website last weekend, the Big Brother House is located just inside the Westfield development site in precinct 1c, approximately where the '800m walking radius' circle intersects with the western side of that precinct. If the Westfield development begins construction later this year, I'm very confident the Big Brother House will be demolished (if it hasn't been already). I wonder what they would do with Dreamworld Studios then?

3 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@Jamberoo Fan This has all been discussed before, "many times",:) over the last 5 years.

I know but I thought I'd just give a reminder to @pin142.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Also just to note, the Westfield development is on the other side of Foxwell Rd. The DW side is a seperate retail/entertainment precinct 

You probably know more detail information about the development than me (as I've only just recently returned to discuss Gold Coast theme parks) but from what I know, I think it is on both sides of the road but built in stages. The northern side of the road being built first (Precinct 1a) then the southern side (Precinct 1b) and if all the main retail anchors are operating, then DW's end of the southern portion (Precinct 1c) will be built. If there is more up to date plans, just share them with me so I can be more up to date if I'm wrong.

I think some people in this thread are getting the Big Brother House and "Eviction" Stage/Auditorium mixed up. They're separated by a few hundred metres. External developments are apparently going to resume the BB House site. The Stage/Auditorium site is land that DW can demolish and either extend Gold Rush, or add a new themed area into.

1 hour ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I know but I thought I'd just give a reminder to @pin142.

You probably know more detail information about the development than me (as I've only just recently returned to discuss Gold Coast theme parks) but from what I know, I think it is on both sides of the road but built in stages. The northern side of the road being built first (Precinct 1a) then the southern side (Precinct 1b) and if all the main retail anchors are operating, then DW's end of the southern portion (Precinct 1c) will be built. If there is more up to date plans, just share them with me so I can be more up to date if I'm wrong.

The Westfield development is being built in 2 stages, but both are on the train station side of Foxwell. 

The other 'stages' as per your diagram/map, are the stages of the master plan, but only Precinct 1a is the Westfield development 

46 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

I think some people in this thread are getting the Big Brother House and "Eviction" Stage/Auditorium mixed up.

What makes you think that? I thought that was a fairly obvious 

16 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

The Westfield development is being built in 2 stages, but both are on the train station side of Foxwell. 

The other 'stages' as per your diagram/map, are the stages of the master plan, but only Precinct 1a is the Westfield development 

If you say so. I read in a very large document (Page 15/16) that accompanied that map that said Precinct 1c is to include a supermarket so I assumed the Westfield development includes that too (even if it isn't the main part of it). There is plenty of extra DW space just east of the southern end of Precinct 1c which doesn't include the Vintage Cars too - this is a separate precinct known as Precinct 8, which features in that very large document on pages 27/28.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

On 28/09/2016 at 1:51 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

If you say so. I read in a very large document (Page 15/16) that accompanied that map that said Precinct 1c is to include a supermarket so I assumed the Westfield development includes that too (even if it isn't the main part of it). There is plenty of extra DW space just east of the southern end of Precinct 1c which doesn't include the Vintage Cars too - this is a separate precinct known as Precinct 8, which features in that very large document on pages 27/28.

Not trying to be smart, but I do say so, I live literally a 10min walk/2min drive from the Town Centre location & have actively followed the development for 6 years, mainly as I own property and am looking forward to the flow on in infrastructure/development and the impact on land & house values.

Westfield doesn't own every supermarket or leasing opportunity in the country. 

Coles, Woolies & Aldi will all be built in stage 1 of the Westfield development. I would assume any supermarket on the southern side of Foxwell would be a smaller franchise (Supa IGA, IGA etc). 

Just realised I left the Westfield's plan out of my initial response... Here is the Westfield centre in full (both stages). 

image.jpeg

Edited by djrappa

1 hour ago, Ryande16 said:

Do you think Westfield being built would increaase attendance rates?

Yep. Once established it opens up the entire Northern GC area as a one stop entertainment hub.

Theme park during the day, then head across the road for dinner & a movie. 

Or you are out shopping, what shall we do now, oh, DW is across the road, let's go there, no effort required 

22 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I would assume any supermarket on the southern side of Foxwell would be a smaller franchise (Supa IGA, IGA etc). 

Just realised I left the Westfield's plan out of my initial response... Here is the Westfield centre in full (both stages). 

image.jpeg

That's what I'm assuming about the southern supermarket too.  How up to date are those plans? I saw very similar plans (Page 23) from August 2013 last weekend. There are noticeable differences but the retail section is very identical. I found these plans near development applications for 'Westfield Coomera - Stage 1' so I assumed it all was for Stage 1 with a 'Westfield Coomera - Stage 2' across Foxwell Road.

So back in Early 2014, when the first 'stage' was approved by council (on condition of the M1 Coomera interchange upgrade being funded by Westfield) that stage comprised the entirity of the Westfield development. The future stages were additional retail/commercial zoning, inline with Coomera Town Centre Master Plan (including the land on DW side of Foxwell).

Early this year, 'Stage 1' that being Westfields Coomera, was split into 2 stages itself, or your could call it Stage 1a and Stage 1b to make it easier. Stage 1a will begin construction in early 2017 for a Q4 2018 opening with no start date set for Stage 1b. As for the initial Stage 2, 3 at. as referred to in the initial approval in 2014, there is no further information on this.