Fright Nights 2017

themagician

9 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

I thought Dodgems were originally closed until November...looks like that's no longer a thing which begs the question : where is the fourth maze?

if Halloween is a maze- where will it be located?

I thinks the mazes would be in the following locations if the dodgems are not being used 

The two sheds built last year

Show stage

Maybe Scooby-Doo queue 

10 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

No, its reopening in a few days.

Intencity Dodgems

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Thursday 17th August and will re-open Tuesday 5th September 2017.

Reopen tomorrow actually...

Intencity Dodgems

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Thursday 17th August and will re-open Tuesday 5th September 2017.

So...  Besides the locations of the mazes...

Where do we think the UTT scare will be?

What nights are people going?

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

The Studio Commissarie building opposite the Department store is ideal for UTT. It's well positioned and possibly a large enough area to play host to a Maze.

The fact that it already has kitchen facilities makes it an ideal choice for VIP upcharges that feature dining experiences.

The Roxy theatre area could also make for a great maze location in the future. They already have an awesome sound system and air con for the area + The space is large enough for the Theatre to continue operating daily with front-half seating seperated by a wall.  Enter a maze via the alley between Roxy and the cafe, via a line around the back of the Roxy preshow and entering the new maze via the emergency exit doors closest the Theatre and then through the last couple of rows of pre-show-to-Theatre entry doors.

Would anyone really miss HWSD fpr a few weeks if they just used the arena for a couple of mazes? :P

Yes I know it's a crowd soak, this isn't really a serious suggestion, it's just a nice big area to fit stuff in. 

I would assume the UTT is same place as last year, but I'm really hoping it's not because last year's tour kinda sucked. 

15 hours ago, Slick said:

Cool stuff. Happy to see Conjuring make a return - what's everyone else most excited for this year?

My wife has already said she will be hitting C2 for most of the night with the UTT pass...  Flat out refusing to do the Saw maze which is what I'm most looking forward to...

Mazes I would assume would be in the Stage Show BOH area again, the 2 sheds and still trying to figure out the 4th...  Has anyone been to the park recently? There is nothing closed during all of FN so can rule out a few locations...  Dogems (as we already have), JL hall, HWSD arena...  The studios are not available...  The commissary building could work as a maze location (not that I think they would), SDSC queue, other half of the LTRR building...  Don't think most of those would be used but just throwing ideas out there...

Also we have the Bloodlust - Dark Magic show to go somewhere...

^The precinct they had in there last year, despite being quite small, was really good and also allowed for quick access through the park when needed.

When I was at the park last week, there was fencing up at the AA end of the alley (Next to the car) and there were tonnes of sealed crates behind it. Because I hadn't been to the park in a while, I don't know how long they've been there, but could be part of FN (maybe).

While I am looking forward to visiting (as I do pretty much every year), gotta say that the line up of Mazes this year is underwhelming..

- Conjuring2.

Best part of it last year was the line once you got inside the cool of the show building. The sounds and lighting of the queue inside set a mood that wasn't delivered once inside the actual maze.

Take the existing Maze and upgrade it to feature "Annabelle" along with the Nun Demon to put more variety/elements into the Maze and make for one of the Park's Headline acts for this season rather than the same old thing as last year. Annabelle Creation is so far the most profitable Horror flick of 2017, I would have thought it would have been a no-brainer

- DusktillDawn.

Loved this Maze last year however hope for it to be even just a little different this time around, having already done it a couple of times before. Still this was the stand out from last year for me.

- SAW.

Creepy and disturbing themes and possibly one of the best Tales to be played out for a Scare Maze but with so many other great new Horror flicks out/coming out, I see this as a secondary attraction and not a main draw. Still, if we didn't have two mazes coming back essentially the same from last year then this wouldn't have been so much of an issue for me.

Halloween/Mike Myers.

Meh.. What about Pennywise from IT? Seriously, this sounds like it will play out like the Jason Maze from last year and I wouldn't be at all surprised if much of the setting is the same. Mind you I LOVED the Jason Maze from last year with all the Caves and Woods areas. I felt that it had the strongest sets/landscaping of all of them