Dreamworld CEO discusses simulator attraction, future roller coasters and competing with Village Roadshow

Parkz News

28 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

I personally think Jurassic world was one of the best movies I have ever watched.

When I saw it in the cinema, something happened which I've never experienced before or since. 

As soon as the movie ended, a young boy in the audience shouted "BEST     MOVIE      EVER!", and spontaneous applause broke out from the rest of the audience! :)

Edited by pushbutton

1 hour ago, pin142 said:

Next you'll be saying the latest Fast and Furious movies were good. Jurassic World wasn't that bad. There's certainly worse movies than it.

and just think the world is still yet to be subjected to two sure to be terrible sequel's to one of - if not the most over rated movies ever AVATAR 

fast and furious sequel's have not been worth the time it takes to watch for a hell of a long time now 

But you have to the marketing teams who do such a good job at sucking the world into spending there hard earned $$$ to see the rubbish 

1 minute ago, JeffreyMoore said:

and just think the world is still yet to be subjected to two sure to be terrible sequel's to one of - if not the most over rated movies ever AVATAR

True but from a crap movie came one of the best simulator experiences in the world "Avatar Flight of Passage"

On 15/11/2017 at 6:49 AM, JeffreyMoore said:

why would we wont a area based on one of the worst movies ever made there is only one word to explain JURASSIC WORLD = CRAP 

This may be your opinion, but you can't argue with the fact that the Jurassic series is a popular one. Universal continues to have successes with this franchise in it's theme parks, and with the World trilogy still to release two films, it has stamina.

I honestly don't see it coming to Dreamworld, but the franchise is a good one, regardless of your personal opinion of it.

• Like 1

I understand the feeling, but a clone tends to reduce costs. A clone of a universal attraction, similar to what we saw with Dreamworks - means that there are certain theme standards for licensing.

High standards tend to breed more high standards - so I only see this as a positive.

• Like 1

We're talking Dreamworld though, right?

The villains unleashed precinct had some very special people working on it. WBMW has been lifting the standard, i think, predominantly because of these sorts of people being involved.

Dreamworld doesn't have that...

And regardless, a clone still reduces costs.

• Like 1

DW simply doesn't have the budget to execute Jurassic to Universals standards. Even if they did can you imagine how bad all the Dinosaurs would be looking in no time? They had a temporary Dinosaurs attraction at DW years ago that was similar to creatures of the deep only in true DW style, they just plonked them randomly all over the Park. Despite being around for 1, 2 seasons tops, the animatronics were in pretty shit shape by the time the event was over..

Time to come back to Earth Push. Ain't gunna happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

We're talking Dreamworld though, right?

The villains unleashed precinct had some very special people working on it. WBMW has been lifting the standard, i think, predominantly because of these sorts of people being involved.

Dreamworld doesn't have that...

And regardless, a clone still reduces costs.

I don't choose to give DW a free pass because the often come up short.

I wasn't giving them a free pass...

You said you don't want clones.

I said clones are cheaper, and clones of universal come with a certain standard of theming they need to live up to

You pointed to Villains as 'not a clone' that had a good standard.

I acknowledged that, but pointed to the fact that that was WBMW with several talented and passionate people who brought that to that standard, and then referenced that we're talking Dreamworld, who don't have those passionate people, and therefore, a clone with a Universal brand would likely carry a certain standard into the park - like dreamworks did, rather than leaving it up to them to (poorly) come up with their own non-franchised brand (consider Shockwave, MDMC, as opposed to KFP\Shrek\Madagascar)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Working on a name said:

Do you think they could copy the ride at universal studios

No. 

That ride probably costs more than DWs currrent net worth 

and

i dont think they’re racing to install rides involving rafts and water.... 

Edited by Brad2912