No reopening dates for BuzzSaw, Hot Wheels Side Winder and Tower of terror

dylan_oregan

10 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

like what Sunway did to Wonderland.

To go off topic for a minute - a lot of people have a very fanciful version of what happened at Wonderland. Although internally, staff were moaning for a while (and rightly so) the external view to most was that the park was successful and profitable right up until a few months before the closure announcement.

I linked recently to an old forum on another website (pre total thrills) that Richard had commented on, and even Richard's view (which is usually quite on point) was stated that the park was in no trouble, and not in any danger of closing anytime in a decade - when it actually closed less than 2 years later.

People have it made up in their mind that Sunway's management plan was to operate it long enough to feed their other park and then sell the land when the time was right. That isn't entirely accurate.

(if you want to continue the 'reasons why wonderland closed' discussion - don't do it here)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

A ride like Hot Wheels could easily run for 15 more years, but Dreamworld ends up shortening that by not maintaining it properly and letting the ride look like this:

1574713623_ScreenShot2018-10-04at9_00_35pm.thumb.png.71ab599621e36b8e19574c03c565d03c.png

Is that rust, or just grease from the anti-roll back/chain dog underneath the train? 

Not saying it is acceptable if it is just grease.

On 05/10/2018 at 10:21 AM, Skeeta said:

In a couple of weeks the only coaster running will be MDMC.

Happy days DW.

I didn't know if I should attach a laughing or crying emoji.

Come to think of it I would rather give Ardent the bird.🖕

the best thing is their reply this week on trip advisor to someone complaining nothings open.

Hi - Thank you for the feedback. We understand your frustration, unfortunately planned maintenance usually takes some time to complete. This maintenance is vital to keep rides safe and operational. Your comments have been passed onto management.

Read this bit through your mind again.. "This maintenance is vital to keep rides safe and operational."

That's the problem, half the rides aren't operational........ Its school holidays and nothings open!!!!

Edited by MacPark

13 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

@themagician @Minions! From Dreamworld's Facebook a couple of months ago, "Kevil Hill is no longer an attraction, but we do have Trolls Village in that area." And to add to that, the Kevil Hill sign above the entrance of the attraction has been painted over or removed.

It is no longer a permanent attraction as a laser tag arena, doesn’t mean it can’t be used for night events or seasonal attractions in the future, or even as a scare maze 

6 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It is no longer a permanent attraction as a laser tag arena, doesn’t mean it can’t be used for night events or seasonal attractions in the future, or even as a scare maze 

What? This statement was at the time it was a scare maze and the laser tag arena was no longer operating. And they said "Kevil Hill is no longer an attraction," not Kevil Hill is no longer a permanent attraction. I'm not denying the area could be used in the future and never implied it couldn't, I just said why is Kevil Hill still on q4u website. Reason is DW obviously haven't got to removing it despite Kevil Hill being removed from Dreamworld's website. 

7 hours ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

They cant even manage to keep watersides open. 

There are at least 20 things which could be wrong with our 4 thrill rides shut at Dreamworld. These are highly advanced devices with numerous moving parts.

BUT there are only 3-4 possible things wrong with our 2 waterslides undergoing extended maintenance.

- STRUCTURAL (insanely unlikely given the age of the slides)

- PUMPS (most likely issue, but this should be able to be resolved quickly)

- REFURBISHMENT (such as repaint)

- ELECTRICAL ISSUE (hydrocoaster magnetism)

Most likely scenario is that for the hydrocoaster we are dealing with electromagnetism issues. Cool. Acceptable.

The Rip however, should NOT be shut. IF we are dealing with issues with the pumps, a replacement should be able to arrive in a quick time frame. Literally days. Why cant Dreamworld just apply a band aid fix to the pump like they did on the TRR? The Rip is literally the safest fucking device, along with all of the other waterslides, to cheap out on maintenance for. Its a fucking waterslide made of fiberglass and a few pumps. Big deal. Sort out your shit, get these slides open, stop being lazy. Waterslides should NEVER need extended maintenance, only a few days a year.

Gold Coast theme parks are literally the only parks I have seen globally to conduct such long periods of maintenance on waterslides. WNW GC is just as bad as WWW.

• Like 1

Wow... I have never heard such a large group of whingers.

Yes DW have a few rides closed but the park still offers a great day out. 

TOT2 - Closed for obvious reasons, may need major upgrading ect.

Wipeout - Only just gone down for maintenance

HWSW - General Maintenance

Buzzsaw - May only have been closed for this long because the access to that area of the park has been restricted while parts for iRide are craned across from the old bus shelter area over the buzz saw entry.

I was there over the weekend and the place was still buzzing with happy guests. Dreamworld is still rebuilding, which takes time. I have confidence in the park that they will continue to deliver new experiences and maintain the great atmosphere that they pride themselves on. 

TBH i hope i don't see anyone from this forum thread at Dreamworld, it would make the park a very negative place.

• Like 2

They have 4/9 big thrill rides closed. That’s not a few. Wipeout doesn’t even have dates for maintenance on DW website so don’t know where you decided it was down for  maintenance. HWSW has been delayed which wouldn’t be for general maintenance. You are just pulling facts from no where but I do hope you enjoy your time at Dreamworld where you use your pure imagination to disguise Dreamworld’s terrible timing and maintaining of rides.

• Like 1