Sea World to launch new Thunder Lake Stunt Show

Parkz News

If it has a Ski Pyramid @themagician it will be great.  You can never go wrong with a Ski Pyramid.   Unless it collapses and everybody dies of course. Nobody wants to see that.

I've never liked the ski seat in these shows.  The ski seat is the ski for the lazy man or a quadapedic.

Hopefully SW add some classic comedy in it and it could be a winner.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.JPG.f9f4a4654b049a46216c084541073b75.JPG

Edited by Skeeta

Genuinely though, it is only 2 performances in and I would expect things to change. I actually don't really want to watch the opening show online and be too critical. I will go watch this one and see what it's like. I think I know what it'll be like, I think it'll be the sort of show that even 12 year old me would've found too cheesy. It seems like a 40 something year old man's take on what kids like, only to find that kids likes have changed in the last 30 years.

That's the attitude I'll be going in with, but I really do want to like it too. Getting rid of the Ski Show was the dumbest thing the new management team did when they came in. A real fuck you to the park's history and tradition. Also from a showmanship point of view it was stupid, putting a high dive show on such a massive lake was never going to be impressive. So I'm really happy that finally something a bit bigger is going on the lake. It's just a shame that instead of Waterski Wipeout which was cheesy, but fun, we get basically the same thing but seemingly played straight and edgy.

Hopefully I'm wrong, those who have seen the video will know if I'm wrong, and by all means let me know. I'll find out for sure in a week or two.

• Like 1

@webslaveI agree with what you are saying but I believe the Thunder Lake Stunt Show is an improvement on the Jet Stunt Extreme Poo Show.   What really stands out on how SW can turn this from an ok show to a good show is the show needs more action on the lake and less action on the land.  

Skeeta simple tips to improve the show.

Rework the start.  (It doesn't gel).

Increase action on the water. (To many moments when nothing is happening on the lake.  I'm sure these guys know more than 1 trick each).

Fix the stupid ending.  (Whoever picked the song shouldn’t ever be allowed to choose a song ever again.)

I hate, hate & hate the bikes in the show.  SW isn’t the Royal Easter Show.

1 minute ago, Skeeta said:

@webslaveI agree with what you are saying but I believe the Thunder Lake Stunt Show is an improvement on the Jet Stunt Extreme Poo Show.   What really stands out on how SW can turn this from an ok show to a good show is the show needs more action on the lake and less action on the land.  

I think we are pretty well aligned in thoughts on improvement.  I didn't compare it to the previous incarnation simply because I only saw it once and it made absolutely no impression hence I have trouble remembering it.  I reckon they can aim higher.