The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

15 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

Day time testing of both leviathan and trident happing atm. Leviathan is testing with both trains and odd loads. Not much video of trident was only excited about the coaster 😉

IMG_9229.MOV IMG_9230.MOV

No matter what I try and view these files on, phone or computer, I get this @Richard

What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.01082520d218c7fbccdb308ac3ab9afa.png

7 minutes ago, New display name said:

No matter what I try and view these files on, phone or computer, I get this @Richard

What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.01082520d218c7fbccdb308ac3ab9afa.png

I get the same issue on computer, but works on an iphone. is your phone android? I think it may have something to do with the file format perhaps...

ETA: Thanks Luke - those links work on PC.

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy

8 minutes ago, Naazon said:

I know its a 'how longs a piece of string' question, but now day testing is happening and the areas theme seems to be coming together, rough guesses on preview/cold opens and official openings?

The big statue out the front of Trident looks like one of the last pieces of theming to go up, with fencing and everything else going to be finished fast with just staff training left, i’d say late november / early december (around the 3rd) will be the beginning of the opening process.

17 hours ago, Ashley said:

Don't get me wrong I'm excited to see this area, but I'll be waiting until school resumes and maybe a few more weeks after that before visiting SeaWorld.

Ever Tom, Dick and Harry will be there, so I'm going to wait till it gets a bit quieter.

Don't forget that ride premieres that open in peak periods usually see the ride close immediately following the peak period for it's first checkup.

2 hours ago, Naazon said:

Imagine if seaworld had a dedicated website for updating construction progress. Maybe even write about, like a blog or something. I dunno, just throwing stupid ideas out there...

https://themeparks.com.au/blog/leviathan-construction

They didn’t even get a good build up for Land of Oz One day was a teaser post next everything was on the table. If they can’t draw that out and keep interest with 3 new rides coming why would they give us theme park nerds construction updates.  

I also feel they are pushing to have it open for the school holidays. Testing has ramped up. But I would say they won’t give a definite date considering all the date changes and issues it’s had. Show up mid December and I’d say you’d get a ride. 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2022 at 9:16 AM, Rivals said:

from what i remember it didn’t close until it needed the track replacement on the first airtime hill.

On 02/11/2022 at 8:14 AM, Rivals said:

ST and Rival's didn’t close shortly after opening?

Memories aren't as reliable as they used to be.

On 22/01/2018 at 3:40 PM, themagician said:

DC Rivals HyperCoaster -Closed for scheduled maintenance Monday 26th March, reopening Thursday 29th March 2018.

And, as was explained at the time:

On 29/01/2018 at 2:53 PM, Original said:

My guess is that this is DC going down for its first check, just to make sure all the components are wearing in as they should. Every brand new ride does this not long after opening. And correct me if I’m wrong I don’t believe DC has done this yet?! Which is a lot later than it normally would.

I’m guessing it will have it’s big maintenance period where we’ll see it closed for about a month sometime in November, after Fright Nights and just before the big holiday crowds hit it.

As for Steel Taipan, it also had a brief closure in March post-opening, which you yourself posted about:  

On 31/03/2022 at 2:39 PM, Rivals said:

Steel Taipan and Giant Drop are both temporarily closed and apparently both have been since Tuesday (from what i’ve heard at least.)

i wonder if there is something going on within that area as they are both relatively close to each other or if both rides are just having some technically issues right now. 

56387000-D9D8-47A5-A43E-5D3B02204197.png

6F0030CB-5E4F-449A-A3F0-756556192FE8.png

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy

• Gazza locked this topic