The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

15 minutes ago, Rivals said:

I thought it was known Trident was going vertical once Leviathan was completely finished construction, or was this just a rumour? 

It'd make sense given the clearance testing I saw, them checking it's joints, and the pouring of entrance pathways. I thought the same, testing'll probably commence sometime soon (can't wait to see the trains).

Edited by Tricoart

11 minutes ago, Whombex said:

If you're on the other side of the dolphin lagoon or at the tavern, you'd see above it. Not standing near it.

Yeah, so if it's a nice mural (like the DCR ones or better) and not something bland like just plain blue panelling, I'd be fine with it. Honestly, I was half expecting for it to just open without any buildings or facades disguising the coaster anyway.

35 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

If this is the one part of the concept art that they stick to, I'll be pissed. Even just having it blue like I said would make it fit in much more and not just be a useless wall.

sadly i think they are sticking to it, everything that’s happening currently on sight looks to be following these plans 

At this stage I’m just glad to see they’re bridling something at the entry to Leviathan. For a while I was thinking they were just going to slap a sign onto the timber structure and you just entered under the track. I’m hoping there is some form of 3D element to what they’re building here. I’m starting to think they’re going to surprise us with what they pull off here. We had very small previews of inside the station which was very promising. They’ve released what they did with vortex was very poor and are actually trying to make this attraction great, rather than just good 

• Like 1

On 30/07/2022 at 1:04 PM, Rivals said:

how long do star flyers normally take to construct? currently it’s still just the piece we saw yesterday.

Most construction workers don't work weekends unless there's a deadline to meet.

They're not in any rush to construct - they can always silently change the date on the website if it isn't ready.

If I recall correctly trident was only supposed to take about a week for construction. Tower cranes go up in a day and they're just bolt together pieces. I'd be surprised if it took longer.

3 hours ago, themagician said:

I was thinking they were just going to slap a sign onto the timber structure and you just entered under the track.  

What are you thinking? It is the 3rd commandment.

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image

3. Thou shalt not cover up a woodie.

4. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

The plan was always vertical gardens around the ride entrance. They featured in the original model, and they featured extensively in the 3D walkthroughs I've seen of the final theme concepts.

I've seen nothing to suggest that any plans were altered substantively as a result of Vortex. The Vortex we got is what they'd planned for; it's just a bit of a dud. 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

The plan was always vertical gardens around the ride entrance. They featured in the original model, and they featured extensively in the 3D walkthroughs I've seen of the final theme concepts.

I've seen nothing to suggest that any plans were altered substantively as a result of Vortex. The Vortex we got is what they'd planned for; it's just a bit of a dud. 

The vortex we got is what they'd planned for? Really? Because both artist render and model were very similar, and very little like the end result.

We went from this:

image.thumb.png.479e87207d167962df2e1ad9fb2e65e7.png

Which was very similar to the 3D model shown at launch:

image.png.6335f2bd3accb762d1ccefa45b00197b.png

To this:

Sea World's Vortex thrill ride commences testing ahead of expected December  opening | Parkz - Theme Parks

The fact that you've seen final theme gives you that confidence but I can't fault anyone who isn't privy to those concepts to be doubtful of anything else presented in the render or the model. This was the Leviathan artwork:

3921b4ea796e70e4117d1a0eaa4d78f2.jpg

I'm certain we all took this with a grain of salt - especially given the substantial rockwork - and given the model differed from the artwork:

9715ac4ebd0adaf9046543bbe691b294.jpg

But as we've all seen - Vortex did not come out as originally announced - and looking at Trident in the shot above, it isn't going to come out the same either given those giant columns surrounding the ride-base.

So while i'm happy to accept your word as truth given what you've been given access to - i'll continue to remain skeptical of the end result until I see it with my own eyes... and I do look forward to being wrong...

• Like 3

• Gazza locked this topic