Sky Voyager Discussion

T-bone

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I'd imagine Dreamworld staff need some time to be trained to operate the ride though now before letting guests on.

Seeing the ride system has probably been in place for a while now, I would assume all that has been happening inside over the past few weeks.

I really look forward to seeing how this ride ends up, and whether it'll help get more people through the gates! A big thanks to @pushbutton and everyone else who has contributed to the regular updates of the construction.

• Like 2

Testing has probably been happening, but operator training is a different matter. Most probably Dreamworld staff haven't been allowed inside until now as it has been a construction site, and they're not authorised to enter a construction site, plus they'd be getting in the builders way.

I would assume staff training starts now, so as much as I wish it was opening tomorrow, it probably isn't for a week or two. 

The ride on the maintenance page takes you to this link 

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/rides/family-rides/sky-voyager-OPEN

Appears there got two links as this is the default one they have always been using 

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/rides/family-rides/sky-voyager

I’m going to say they would most likely start ‘technical rehearsals’ today and give it to probably an early January offical date

(The only thing I could tell you that looks like needs work would be the retail store they got planned at the exit of the ride with stock awaiting to go in but I don’t think they are going to hold it back anymore just for that reason now)  

I’ll try to get back down there today for 10am and report what’s going on but please not I won’t be there for the whole day today as I got other plans happening 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 2

There's a big billboard sign on the M1 South (I think near Pimpama) saying "Now you can fly" with the SkyVoyager logo. I've seen the same before but with "Soon you can fly".

That again implies it's open. However the Dreamworld site home page says it's "Coming this summer", and messages from Dreamworld on their Facebook page yesterday said it will be opening in the next few weeks. 

Quite confusing. I'll just have to go and see for myself! 

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld's Sky Voyager construction discussion
1 hour ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

The ride on the maintenance page takes you to this link 

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/rides/family-rides/sky-voyager-OPEN

Appears there got two links as this is the default one they have always been using 

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/rides/family-rides/sky-voyager

1st link is dead

So I have just received some clarification on the opening for the ride 

So as I’m aware unfortunately, Sky Voyager is not ready for Boxing Day

It was their original target date to open by but that’s clearly not the case 

Staff (Ride ops) aren’t even fully aware when the ride is due to open yet  

• Like 1

I honestly thought it was very clear it wouldn’t likely be ready for Boxing Day considering that date has not been publicised.

Unfortunetly the billboard Push mentioned (and I have seen a similar one on the tourism kiosk in Queen St Mall) implies it is open now.

Edited by Jordan M.

16 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

Unfortunetly the billboard Push mentioned (and I have seen a similar one on the tourism kiosk in Queen St Mall) implies it is open now.

I heard an advertisement on the radio at least two weeks ago was stating the ride was now open and that “you can fly now all across Australia”

At least the billboard outside the park at least isn’t telling any porkies 4A0C53BA-29A6-40C2-88A1-487DB60A7096.thumb.jpeg.fb3bf7f8a6bcdb457cf0639848c0aa30.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Source?

It’s in the post I posted (hint last paragraph)

Edited by Adventures With JWorld

• Gazza changed the title to Sky Voyager Discussion