Rides with tester seats

Phoebe2978

26 minutes ago, Phoebe2978 said:

I am heading to Movie World in a few weeks, and I am 160cm and 130kg carrying most on my bum and thighs. I know there will be some rides I won't fit on. But does anyone know which rides have tester seats before you join to line. To save me queuing up if I'm not going to fit. 

I can confirm to you that DC Rivals has one, I think? doomsday had one but i have not been to movie world since 2018 so i really don't know other than DC Rivals

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Coasterlife said:

I can confirm to you that DC Rivals has one, I think? doomsday had one but i have not been to movie world since 2018 so i really don't know other than DC Rivals

DC Rivals definently has one, its just a bit into the queue, but no other ride has one. I'm not sure about Doomsday either.

10 minutes ago, fletch said:

DC Rivals definently has one, its just a bit into the queue, but no other ride has one. I'm not sure about Doomsday either.

You would think to put the DC Rivals tester seat at the entry of the ride queue rather than further into the queue, It just makes common sense 

12 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

You would think to put the DC Rivals tester seat at the entry of the ride queue rather than further into the queue, It just makes common sense 

It is placed at the point in the queue where it splits between general standby queue and the backwards \ fast track \ single rider. The amount of space in the queue before that split isn't viable, and on any normal operating day, standby shouldn't extend beyond that point so everyone can try it before joining the queue. The only times i've ever seen standby exceed that is when half of the standby queue is closed and cast aren't on their game.

8 minutes ago, Phoebe2978 said:

Thanks all, I guess just trial and error. :) I'm sure I'll have a great time anyway 😃 

In my experience, tester seats aren't always that reliable - I can fit the claw tester but can't on the ride, and vice versa with rivals - rivals tester says no, but the ride says yes.

Ride operators will do everything they can to make sure you fit within the required parameters, provided you can work with them and work quickly. Different rides have different tricks if you're 'on the borderline' to get things to lock - on Rivals, you might need to lift yourself up in the seat by pressing down on the outside bars of the harness. On scooby, "spare tyres" may need to be lifted out of the way to get the harness to sit low across your waist. Scooby has more room in one row versus the other ( @Spotty help me out here) and the legroom aspect helps keep your thighs low enough to get it to lock as well.

If you're concerned, tell the operator \ grouper and they'll make sure to check on you, and help you with any tricks. If they can't get it to work they'll unlock and apologise and direct you to the exit. There is no shame in trying and better to give it a go and know than avoid it 'in case i don't fit' and miss out on all the fun.

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

It is placed at the point in the queue where it splits between general standby queue and the backwards \ fast track \ single rider. The amount of space in the queue before that split isn't viable, and on any normal operating day, standby shouldn't extend beyond that point so everyone can try it before joining the queue. The only times i've ever seen standby exceed that is when half of the standby queue is closed and cast aren't on their game.

In my experience, tester seats aren't always that reliable - I can fit the claw tester but can't on the ride, and vice versa with rivals - rivals tester says no, but the ride says yes.

Ride operators will do everything they can to make sure you fit within the required parameters, provided you can work with them and work quickly. Different rides have different tricks if you're 'on the borderline' to get things to lock - on Rivals, you might need to lift yourself up in the seat by pressing down on the outside bars of the harness. On scooby, "spare tyres" may need to be lifted out of the way to get the harness to sit low across your waist. Scooby has more room in one row versus the other ( @Spotty help me out here) and the legroom aspect helps keep your thighs low enough to get it to lock as well.

If you're concerned, tell the operator \ grouper and they'll make sure to check on you, and help you with any tricks. If they can't get it to work they'll unlock and apologise and direct you to the exit. There is no shame in trying and better to give it a go and know than avoid it 'in case i don't fit' and miss out on all the fun.

Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it 😊 I haven't been for 12 years, back then I was 18 and was big but fit on everything. Now 2 kids later I'm much bigger than I was. But I want to have a good time. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/04/2021 at 7:39 AM, Naazon said:

Please provide MW feedback, particularity if a specific staff member was helpful, such as the front gate attendant.

Direct positive feedback is a lot less uncommon than complaints and means a lot for all involved.

I definitely will! Thanks for the idea. 

• Like 2

On 20/04/2021 at 7:27 PM, Phoebe2978 said:

the lady at the front said green lantern would be a no go, so I didn't try. 

<snip>

Overall a great day! My advice is don't be afraid to try, and don't be embarassed to ask, the staff were more than happy to help

Glad it went so wonderfully and the cast were great Phoebe - my only thought is perhaps you missed out on Green Lantern unnecessarily - as you say above - don't be afraid to try, and i'm not sure the 'lady out the front' could be relied upon. 

As has been said (and by your own experience) cast are more than happy to help give you an opportunity to test out the harness discreetly, and there's no other experience on the coast like Green Lantern. give it a try!

• Love it! 1