no more dive in movies

46 posts in this topic

Posted

wet'n'wild have commented on Facebook there will be no dive in movies this summer i find this very sad it was always the best going and the rides not closing till later in summer

Posted

Where is this comment as its not on there page

Posted

Yeah just found it on FB but can't copy & paste it on iPhone Sad to hear. Wonder what brought on that decision

Posted

I've never been to one but would love to, and would happily pay a bit of a premium for it as it's not something I'd do every day. But as an occasional treat it seems a wonderful idea.

Posted

it's not something I'd do every day

When I was younger we would go every afternoon. To this day I still haven't had as much of a good time at a theme park than late night WnW.

Posted

That's disappointing to hear...They always seemed popular, I wonder why they have been canned. I really enjoyed hitting WnW for the day, doing a BBQ for lunch and dinner and hitting the slides in the evening.

Posted

Used to like doing a full day at MW then heading to WnW at about 4pm hitting the slides before the movie kicked off.

Posted

Where is this comment as its not on there page

Yes it is, just was a reply to someone's question, here it is: Vicki Laurie Wet'n'Wild Water World - Gold Coast, Australia will there be movie nights this summer 592238_179581356080_459620041_q.jpg Wet'n'Wild Water World - Gold Coast, Australia No unfortunately we wont have Dive in movies this year - but not to worry there will still be lots of fun to be had! Sorry for the ugly c/p....

Posted

Well that's strange for them to get rid of a major feature unless there are planning on working on the wave pool it would be sad to see it gone for good

Posted

Well that's strange for them to get rid of a major feature unless there are planning on working on the wave pool it would be sad to see it gone for good

Can't see it having anything to do with the wave pool, as that will be open all summer. Would be more to do with either the projector or screen one would think, or staffing/costing - but I'd imagine it was profitable with all the food/bev purchased

Posted

Wet'n'Wild has been downsizing the Dive 'n' Movies for years so I am not particularly surprised its been removed. I recall a fair few years ago now (around the time when Terror Canyon was still operating), the movies would be run every Saturday from September through to April with them running every night in the peak summer period. If I remember correctly, they only ran them for a couple of weeks last year.

Posted

...and then only on weekends. I was at wet n wild on the weekend, and I did notice all of the signage off the shelters around the pool (the ones that say Dive N Movies) as well as the large artwork on the projection building had been removed painted over... didn't occur to me at the time that they wouldn't be doing them... just thought they might have been redoing the signage...

Posted

I'm a little surprised that dive in movies are no more... I would have thought it would have been a good money spinner for the park.

Posted

realistically - the money they would make would only be for food and beverage.... few people would be buying a ticket just for the night... and they still keep all the slides open and running... thats a lot of staff to pay, and only the food and beverage takings for people having dinner at the park (for those who don't duck out to mcdonalds) to pay for all of it - not to mention all the filtration systems, pumps, and power they're paying for...

Posted

I think people really do over estimate the number of people that 'duck over to maxcas' for food. Yes people do but HEAPS of people eat in the parks.

Posted

Count me as one who stays, I can't be bothered leaving the park to save $5-10. There always seems to be queues in the park for food too.

Posted

Sometimes we are heading down the coast for the afternoon we call in at MW for the food and nothing else.

Posted (edited)

Neither, totally serious. We head down and pull in at MW for nachos before heading to the Gold Coast and then swinging back over tamborine to get some fudge. Hell we used to drive all the way to Coolangatta just for pies.

Edited by Wyncenuros
1 person likes this

Posted

^ You have too much money :P On topic I heard the projector was on the way out, so possibly they just decided it was not worth the expense of replacing at this stage...

1 person likes this

Posted

Neither, totally serious. We head down and pull in at MW for nachos before heading to the Gold Coast and then swinging back over tamborine to get some fudge. Hell we used to drive all the way to Coolangatta just for pies.

Wow.... That is intense...

Posted

Wow.... That is intense...

No it is what we used to do with my grandfather who passed away a few years back. We do it a couple of times a year still.

Posted

^ You have too much money :P

Coming from the guy that lives on coupons....

Posted

I'd consider dropping in for a churro.

1 person likes this

Posted

realistically - the money they would make would only be for food and beverage.... few people would be buying a ticket just for the night...

You're forgetting the amount of extra people visiting the park because of the movies, it's called an attraction because it attracts more people to the park.