no more dive in movies

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 moo82

moo82
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

wet'n'wild have commented on Facebook there will be no dive in movies this summer i find this very sad it was always the best going and the rides not closing till later in summer

#2 RussellSmulders

RussellSmulders
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

Where is this comment as its not on there page

#3 Brad2912

Brad2912

Brad2912

• Members
  • 899 posts
  • Interests:Crazy Adrenalin Pumping Thrill Rides!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Yeah just found it on FB but can't copy & paste it on iPhone Sad to hear. Wonder what brought on that decision

#4 pushbutton

pushbutton

Gold Coast lover

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Theme parks, Butlin's holiday camps (UK), Gold Coast and all it's amazing attractions!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

I've never been to one but would love to, and would happily pay a bit of a premium for it as it's not something I'd do every day. But as an occasional treat it seems a wonderful idea.

#5 BemaniAK

BemaniAK
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

it's not something I'd do every day

When I was younger we would go every afternoon. To this day I still haven't had as much of a good time at a theme park than late night WnW.

#6 jayw

jayw
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

That's disappointing to hear...They always seemed popular, I wonder why they have been canned. I really enjoyed hitting WnW for the day, doing a BBQ for lunch and dinner and hitting the slides in the evening.

#7 Brad2912

Brad2912

Brad2912

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

Used to like doing a full day at MW then heading to WnW at about 4pm hitting the slides before the movie kicked off.

#8 Nacho Troncoso

Nacho Troncoso
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

Where is this comment as its not on there page

Yes it is, just was a reply to someone's question, here it is:

Vicki Laurie
Wet'n'Wild Water World - Gold Coast, Australia will there be movie nights this summer

Posted Image
Wet'n'Wild Water World - Gold Coast, Australia No unfortunately we wont have Dive in movies this year - but not to worry there will still be lots of fun to be had!

Sorry for the ugly c/p....

#9 RussellSmulders

RussellSmulders
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

Well that's strange for them to get rid of a major feature unless there are planning on working on the wave pool it would be sad to see it gone for good

#10 Brad2912

Brad2912

Brad2912

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Well that's strange for them to get rid of a major feature unless there are planning on working on the wave pool it would be sad to see it gone for good

Can't see it having anything to do with the wave pool, as that will be open all summer. Would be more to do with either the projector or screen one would think, or staffing/costing - but I'd imagine it was profitable with all the food/bev purchased

#11 themeparkgc

themeparkgc
  • Members
  • 850 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Wet'n'Wild has been downsizing the Dive 'n' Movies for years so I am not particularly surprised its been removed. I recall a fair few years ago now (around the time when Terror Canyon was still operating), the movies would be run every Saturday from September through to April with them running every night in the peak summer period. If I remember correctly, they only ran them for a couple of weeks last year.

#12 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 4,088 posts
  • Park Count:31
  • Ride Count:118

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

...and then only on weekends. I was at wet n wild on the weekend, and I did notice all of the signage off the shelters around the pool (the ones that say Dive N Movies) as well as the large artwork on the projection building had been removed painted over... didn't occur to me at the time that they wouldn't be doing them... just thought they might have been redoing the signage...

THERE'S A WORLD I'D LIKE TO LIVE IN, A WORLD I'D LIKE TO SEE
WHERE'S THERE'S TOO MUCH FUN FOR EVERYONE, AND STILL LOTS LEFT FOR ME
WHERE THERES MAGIC ON EVERY CORNER, AND A SMILE ON EVERY FACE
IF I COULD JUST GET OUT OF THIS PERFECT DREAM, INTO THIS PERFECT PLACE...

Wouldn't It be Wonderful, If the World Still Had Wonderland?

#13 aussienetman

aussienetman

Nate

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Rides
    Events

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'm a little surprised that dive in movies are no more... I would have thought it would have been a good money spinner for the park.

#14 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 4,088 posts
  • Park Count:31
  • Ride Count:118

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

realistically - the money they would make would only be for food and beverage.... few people would be buying a ticket just for the night... and they still keep all the slides open and running... thats a lot of staff to pay, and only the food and beverage takings for people having dinner at the park (for those who don't duck out to mcdonalds) to pay for all of it - not to mention all the filtration systems, pumps, and power they're paying for...

THERE'S A WORLD I'D LIKE TO LIVE IN, A WORLD I'D LIKE TO SEE
WHERE'S THERE'S TOO MUCH FUN FOR EVERYONE, AND STILL LOTS LEFT FOR ME
WHERE THERES MAGIC ON EVERY CORNER, AND A SMILE ON EVERY FACE
IF I COULD JUST GET OUT OF THIS PERFECT DREAM, INTO THIS PERFECT PLACE...

Wouldn't It be Wonderful, If the World Still Had Wonderland?

#15 djrappa

djrappa
  • Community Leader
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

I think people really do over estimate the number of people that 'duck over to maxcas' for food. Yes people do but HEAPS of people eat in the parks.
Cheers
DJ Rappa
Last person to ever to ride Bush Beast - front seat
WONDERLAND SYDNEY 1985-2004

The opinions and comments contained in my above post are solely mine personally and do not necessarily represent the position, strategies or opinions of my employer, it's employees or affiliates

#16 westical

westical
  • Members
  • 642 posts
  • Park Count:20

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

Count me as one who stays, I can't be bothered leaving the park to save $5-10. There always seems to be queues in the park for food too.

#17 Wyncenuros

Wyncenuros
  • Members
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:Theming & shows
  • Park Count:22
  • Ride Count:114

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Sometimes we are heading down the coast for the afternoon we call in at MW for the food and nothing else.
*Everything mentioned above is based from my opinion and my life experiences. I understand that some may not share my view as it is presented above as it is counterproductive to their point of view which they are entitled to... On a different note: JL3D PB 112,185

#18 aussienetman

aussienetman

Nate

• Members
  • 586 posts
    Events

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Contrarian

Posted Image

#19 Wyncenuros

Wyncenuros
  • Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Neither, totally serious. We head down and pull in at MW for nachos before heading to the Gold Coast and then swinging back over tamborine to get some fudge. Hell we used to drive all the way to Coolangatta just for pies.

Edited by Wyncenuros, 16 September 2012 - 01:56 PM.

*Everything mentioned above is based from my opinion and my life experiences. I understand that some may not share my view as it is presented above as it is counterproductive to their point of view which they are entitled to... On a different note: JL3D PB 112,185

#20 Jordan M.

Jordan M.

Hi, it's like hello only shorter...

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:The declining standard of Dreamworld and how VRTP just keep making the right choices..
  • Park Count:26
  • Ride Count:142

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

^ You have too much money :P On topic I heard the projector was on the way out, so possibly they just decided it was not worth the expense of replacing at this stage...

Posts expressed on this forum are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer’s view, my window’s view – although its quite nice, my Arch Nemesis’s view or the views on any websites or business I am associated with.

#21 aussienetman

aussienetman

Nate

• Members
  • 586 posts
    Events

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Neither, totally serious. We head down and pull in at MW for nachos before heading to the Gold Coast and then swinging back over tamborine to get some fudge. Hell we used to drive all the way to Coolangatta just for pies.

Wow.... That is intense...

#22 Wyncenuros

Wyncenuros
  • Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Wow.... That is intense...

No it is what we used to do with my grandfather who passed away a few years back. We do it a couple of times a year still.

#23 jjuttp

jjuttp

Creeper

• Members
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, animals, and Games
  • Park Count:17
  • Ride Count:104

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

^ You have too much money :P

Coming from the guy that lives on coupons....

BUSHPosted ImageRESCUE

#24 westical

westical
  • Members
  • 642 posts
  • Park Count:20

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

I'd consider dropping in for a churro.

#25 BemaniAK

BemaniAK
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

realistically - the money they would make would only be for food and beverage.... few people would be buying a ticket just for the night...

You're forgetting the amount of extra people visiting the park because of the movies, it's called an attraction because it attracts more people to the park.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users