All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. That’s exactly what LTRR or BT was. I went on them as a 4 year old and loved them. Obviously major capitol spending won’t happen again until 2021/2020 after everything at SW is finished. By that stage the mini driving school will be 10 years old and instead of updating the cars and what not could be removed. Along with some flat rides in a land with a fresh IP.
  3. LTRR ain't coming back. I know people want it to but it won't be. Sure nostalgia is great but the way I see it justice league is good for small kids also. Just look at the height requirement. I know this might shock some people but a theme park gets more money from my wallet having a kid than it would an enthusiast. So that being said the park needs to try to do the right thing and look after all age groups. Not just the 10-year-olds and up.
  4. Today
  5. TomiJ

Is this Ekka ride dangerous?

Well maybe, just maybe I've gone....
  6. But LTRR was for little ones and for families, and for kids and for families with little ones and kids, for a group of adults visiting the park. Hell the ride was simply for everyone. Which is what you need mixed in with flats, some for little ones and some for kids a little bigger.
  7. Because you need to give the little kids something. I know most here do not have children but you really need kids to have an area where they feel welcomed and wanted. Sure, get another dark ride but not at the expense of the kid's area. I'm sorry but personally, that would be a bad move. Some new flat rides (look at SeaWorld) and some TLC in the current area would be enough to jazz that area up. It would also help the flow of people down within this area of the park if it was redesigned a little as a one way in and out. Not a ring road path. Make proper facilities for special needs children also. Not just a former ride building that honestly has seen better days.
  8. In storyboard...........
  9. Why not? It only has one.
  10. But once again, that just won’t happen. It’s the newest attraction in the area, it’s popular, unique (moreso when you get rid of Speedy’s) and is super family friendly in that adults can ride with toddlers. It’s not on the level of LTRR by any means, but you ain’t gonna rip it out.
  11. Brad2912

More entrancing too
  12. Brad2912

Unknown Steel Coaster - Dreamworld

Doubt they’ll give a date for SV on Friday as I doubt they know the answer... I expect a significant “chunk” of the masterplan to be revealed
  13. My only hope is that they announce an official opening date for Sky Voyager. And an explanation for the massive delay (but I doubt it). Let's get SV going, and then anything else they announce is a plus.
  14. Thrill Seeker

Not kidding. That log ride at the ekka is probaly more exiting than dreamworlds log ride
  15. I'd presume Tim doesn't mean build a new show stage, but rather use the existing LTRR one, wiping out driving school and put the dark ride in there.
  16. red dragin

Movie World Maintenance 2019

Yep, if we go as a family (mum, dad, Mr 8, Miss 2) then Nanna comes along. At MW nanna takes the kids and my wife and I hit the rides. At SW we do the shows and other kids stuff (I sneak off to ride Jet Rescue). Would be good to see each park with a better blend of rides and attractions. Hopefully the increased prices and possible impending coaster at Dreamworld make them act.
  17. Whilst a true replacement for LTRR would be welcomed, it just isn’t going to happen. The cost of building a new showstage to house another dark ride is just cost prohibitive, and the existing ones are all well utilised. For mine i’d just put a broom through the entirety of WB Kids with the exception of Roadrunner, Carousel and the Pounce & Bounce. Redevelop the remainder with 3-4 kids flats, but keeping the LT theme
  18. The park does not need another dark ride aimed at families. It needs more child based rides. Its a shame SW got the right idea with a kids world area yet MW seems to be lacking. Having said that driving school is good because it is a crowd soaker and also can have high capacity.
  19. With the recent talk in the other threads about movie worlds family/ kids offerings I thought it warranted its own thread. In my opinion once Atlantis has finished and WNW gets some love. The next major capital spend should be back at MW with a nice dark ride to replace the void from LTRR and replacement and updating all the existing flat rides in the current LT area.
  20. Skeeta

Unknown Steel Coaster - Dreamworld

Ardent's FY19 financial results to be released on Friday. Will Ardent deliver the goods and layout the plan?
  21. Skeeta

Fair dinkum @pushbutton you are weak as piss, exactly like XXXX Gold. From now on I’m calling you Goldie. What you are saying here is no different to what I said. BUT I'LL COME OUT AND SAY IT!
  22. AlexB

HAHA comment of the week! Gave you an upvote to counteract TomiJ's fountain. Undeserved fountain is undeserved.
  23. Jdude95

I remember when it was "do you want to go to SW or MW" because both offered a decent mix of rides that catered to everyone. I took my nephew to SW a couple days ago and he loved it because of the parks focus on families. When I took him to MW about a month ago. We left pretty early because the rides weren't that rideable for a 118cm 7 year old and he was afraid of the roaming characters.
  24. Skeeta

Crazy Village have devalued the gate for all 3 parks.
  25. Luke

100000% agreed. Hopefully after the New Atlantis at Seaworld, this is the next major capex project. Hopefully we see the land rethemed with a new, more up to date IP, and anchored by a new major dark ride that fills the hole that LTRR left. ^What Skeeta said. Since the introduction of the $99 (3 park) annual passes in 2009, VRTPs stopped treating MW, SW & WnW as standalone parks, but instead 1 park, over 3 locations. Movieworld became the park for thrillseekers teenagers and adults, Seaworld catered towards the families, elderly, young children, international tourists, and Wet'n'Wild........stayed the waterpark. If you go back before 2009, you'll notice each park (individually) had attraction mixes that were more balanced. Families with young children would have enjoyed MW just as much as SW. These days, if it wasn't for the still very reasonably priced multi-park passes, families with young kids wouldn't bother visiting/buying passes to MW. Same with a group of young adults; they wouldn't bother to visit Seaworld, because movieworld has everything they need. My hope with The New Atlantis, is that VRTPs are starting to build each park back up into a well-rounded standalone themepark. Similar to how it was prior to 2009. Fun Fact: Found the prices for an Adult 3 park annual pass back in 2008 using wayback machine = $289 online. adjusted for inflation is $356. Currently locals can get a VRTP annual pass for $149. crazy.
  26. Skeeta

I hope you don't included yourself in that list @pushbuttonbecause you're batshit crazy.🤐
  27. pushbutton

Some people (like you) actually have common sense!
  1. Load more activity