New ride over rivertown area

mark

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking there must be something going to happen to modify the restraints on the pod?? Really there isn't much other than that you could change, is it something to do with the recent restraint changes happening in the US? God lets hope we don't get something dumb like OTSRs on the ride LMAO As for 'changing the ride completely' I really can't see what they could be doing using the existing ride at all. I mean it goes forwards, it goes backwards, its fast. What else can you do with the thing? Don't get me wrong I love the ride, but it is what it is, is it not??

Okay, a rumour is that it will be launching backwards, that is what I am trying to say, but it is just rumour talk at the moment, kinda like that flyer coaster that'll never happen on the island. I found out that the only construction going on the island at the moment is a chapel for weddings, hence the wharf near AWE that's being built. But ideas for the Thunderbolt site and a brand new coaster still abound.

Special Events don't make that much money, but if there's heaps of them, the contribute quite a bit of extra cash. If this chapel attracts more functions then it can only be a good thing, and its not as if that Island is making any money for the park as it stands now. And don't tell me that a cruise on a paddlewheeler by night to the chapel, then on again to the reception venue isn't a cool function option. ToT doesn't make any noise at night, and that's when most of these types of events take place. Everyone's just pissed cause they wanted a flyer. :rolleyes:

I dont get, why they would be building a wedding chapel, how classy the bride walks down the aile to the sound of the tot roaring past - how romantic. You sure they arent building something else.
You would be surprised how many weddings there were at Wonderland. I was involved with one where the bridal party hired out the dodgem cars for an hour. I also know of another couple who did the same thing and several others who had their photos at the park, or the reception there, one couple went around on Bush Beast in their wedding outfits. "The Bus is now leaving for Wedding Bell Creek, NSW"

Not really, the Crystal Palace is a fully functioning function centre and one owuld have to agree it boasts some of the most magnificent views of Sydney harbour. You really don't even have to take the park into account when you consider the functions that take place there. It is however a Staging Connections venue EWWWWWWWW but thats another story :-)

Ill agree with WonderBus there.... Wonderland was constantly being hired out for night functions. they used to have an entire website and brochure pack set up for the purpose. I did a couple of those functions as photographer demon-probe photos etc. A park can make a lot of money from these functions - take your normal function costing for food, venue, staff, alcohol, and tack on a charge for the hour-to-hour operation of one or more attractions on top... its worth the expense. Wonderland used to hire out their rides after hours on an hour-to-hour rate, I cannot recall the exact figures on here so these are BEST TO MY RECOLLECTION FIGURES - Bush Beast - appx $700 per hour Demon - appx $1300 per hour Probe - appx $1500 per hour Snowy - appx $700 per hour all the other flat rides attracted nominal fees ranging from about $350 - $500 for things such as skyhawk and endeavour to $500-$600 for bounty's revenge or Zodiac. They offered packages utilising one theme or another - billabong grove, goldrush (and sundowner theatre or goldrush theatre), the beach and sundowner, transylvania and lakeside, botany bay and outback restaurant or Hanna Barbera Land and its surrounding area. I can't recall the pricing for each world but it was hefty... they still had quite a lot of bookings though...

Ok, entering via SW nara, here's a rundown of what the operations department charges are:Monorail transfers from Dolphin cove to Broadwater Cafe Dolphin Cove show $3,500 Bermuda $3,000 per hour Corkscrew $1,500 per hour Monorail Transfers from Mid-station too Broadwater Cafe $400 Thats not even going into the cost of the venue or food or drinks. There's quite a bit of money in it if you get a few of them.

Joz, thats way expensive. Dreamworlds prices on there web page are quite low. There are many packages online if u have a look. they start at only $63 per person for the thrill seeker package and it includes 4 rides(tower of terror, cyclone, wipeout, and bumber cars.) All u have to have is a minimum of 150ppl,.and that includes nibbels. Then u can add on drink packages, meals, fireworks, entertainers. Street performers are exe they are $600. Anyhow lets get back on topic!

Kenny.... $63 per person for 150 people is almost $10,000. if we're talking four rides - thats average of $2500 per ride which isnt cheap considering those rides dont require high theme output (like bermuda that would be pumping out fire all the time for example) and it includes finger foods... for 150 people, finger foods would probably cost about $600. so DW is definitely expensive in comparison to sea world. the most expensive thing there is the dolphin cove show, and if you consider how many people are needed to run that show behind the scenes and on stage, plus the rubber duck boat operation, plus you are putting the dolphins into a show that isnt part of their routine as well.... to keep their disruption low, and not overfeed them as well, it would take a few days to adjust the animals diets and routines so as not to disrupt them... (my opinion only)

That's what I figured also. I thought the shoulder restraints would be an all round body restraint, with some nice comfy padding to spare, but I still have no idea either. Hey, just thinking, put two and two together, maybe they're changing the pod so it is in the form of a flying coaster attactched in a way like Vekoma's flying lift hill where you are facing the sky, how coool would that be?!?!?!?!