Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Surely it’s a working title. 
Wiz Kids would be a disaster of a name

They could simply just call it ‘Oz’ 

Yeah agreed. Unfortunately I think you could trip over and land on a better name than Wiz Kids.

Oz. Land of Oz. Merry old Land of Oz. Wizard of Oz World/Land. I don't think it should have a name that is a pun which only works one way. The only way this makes sense is if the trailing 'Kids' is how they want to name Kids lands in the park (WB Kids & Wiz Kids). Even so not a fan.

I think the Wizard of Oz precinct is fine, albeit boring, for the final name. If they land on something better, great, but "Wiz Kids" is all kinds of awful. The GP aren't going to care either way, because it will always be the "Wizard of Oz land" in colloquial speak, same as the "Joker coaster" for DC Rivals.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

I think the Wizard of Oz precinct is fine, albeit boring, for the final name. If they land on something better, great, but "Wiz Kids" is all kinds of awful.

This would actually be the one time where the word 'precinct' would be preferred. I'd still not like it, but I'd like Wiz Kids less I reckon 

• Like 1

I think given the IP present in park, the appearance of a photo opportunity during the MW30th celebrations, and the fact that the only other film production that comes to mind is the 1989 Fred Savage film called 'The Wizard' about a video game playing kid, which was published under the Universal banner, I can't imagine what other plausible conclusions we'd have come up with. Honestly there'd have just been 17 pages of arguments with people who can't make up their mind whether to make our parks more efficient through the use of turnstiles, or have our ride operators manning the front gates, popcorn stands and bathrooms is simples.

44 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I think given the IP present in park, the appearance of a photo opportunity during the MW30th celebrations, and the fact that the only other film production that comes to mind is the 1989 Fred Savage film called 'The Wizard' about a video game playing kid, which was published under the Universal banner, I can't imagine what other plausible conclusions we'd have come up with. Honestly there'd have just been 17 pages of arguments with people who can't make up their mind whether to make our parks more efficient through the use of turnstiles, or have our ride operators manning the front gates, popcorn stands and bathrooms is simples.

And the theme’d have already been talked (argued) about so much that, by announcement time, everyone would have already grown to dislike it for one reason or another, and the only responses to the announcement would be told-ya-so’s.

Edited by Tricoart

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'm thoroughly disappointed that they've gone with generic LT fence wrap here. 

Same. Why not build something more appealing that teases Wizard of Oz. Or have banners on the temporary fencing teases whats to come. Or at an absolute minimum, strap the banner more neatly.