Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

If they don't find it beneficial enough for them to tease the upcoming area with the construction walls, but still need to use a cover for them, hopefully they realise that they can just extend the leaf covering they're already using right beside it. Seems like a rushed, "Superman's opening & we need work walls, Marvin's walls just came down, chuck 'em there for a sec" thing, so hopefully they at least swap 'em to that for the 'long' run. At the end of the day though, work walls are about as obviously temporary as anything in an amusement park can be, so (I hope they do change them, but) I'd hazard a guess it's not too high on the priority list for a park that's got broken speakers, a rotting building in plain sight, a complete new family area to build in a year, a ride to relocate, and their main family attraction down for heavy renovations for 2 years. Not to mention the hotel, or other current maintenance nightmares.

Edited by Tricoart

34 minutes ago, TBoy said:

I don't think the purple thing is part of the track. It doesn't look like SFC track at all, so it must be something else. The grey supports however look like the official supports of the ride.

It is lift hill track. You can spot the box shaped spine on TNT.

image.thumb.png.a0b96de8e64a614e6579c331916f4422.png

• Like 3

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Moving on, apparently according to Coaster Studios, the stations will be as well themed as Leviathan. The Movie World website also says that there will be projection mapping in the area. Could we see something like Leviathan's pre-show in the SFC's station? An example is having the evil witch tell you on a screen:

"Take your army to the haunted forest and bring me that girl and her dog. Do what you want with the others, but I want her alive and unharmed!" When the coaster is about to leave, the evil which then tells you:

"Now fly, fly!" The coaster then leaves the station and goes up the lift hill. They could do one of these things to achieve it:

1. Use the original video from the movie (hard to do due to the film being in 4:3 and not being able to fit around the screen)
  2. Get the actor of the witch (from the New Line film) to film a scene of her saying the words (very unlikely)
  3. Hire someone to film it in the Village Roadshow Studios (most likely as it is easier to move around things to fit Village's needs)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Moving on, apparently according to Coaster Studios, the stations will be as well themed as Leviathan.

Do they have some insight that we don't?

I'm not saying they're wrong. In fact, I'd expect nothing less, frankly. All bets are off as to what the final product will look like, but Leviathan is a good indicator that we can have measured hope for something great.

1 minute ago, CR4ZE said:

Do they have some insight that we don't?

Apparently they said it in their Sea World blog that was posted a few days ago. I have a feeling going by the concept art that only the SFC will be as well themed as Leviathan TBH.

21 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Moving on, apparently according to Coaster Studios, the stations will be as well themed as Leviathan. The Movie World website also says that there will be projection mapping in the area. Could we see something like Leviathan's pre-show in the SFC's station? An example is having the evil witch tell you on a screen:

"Take your army to the haunted forest and bring me that girl and her dog. Do what you want with the others, but I want her alive and unharmed!" When the coaster is about to leave, the evil which then tells you:

"Now fly, fly!" The coaster then leaves the station and goes up the lift hill. They could do one of these things to achieve it:

1. Use the original video from the movie (hard to do due to the film being in 4:3 and not being able to fit around the screen)
  2. Get the actor of the witch (from the New Line film) to film a scene of her saying the words (very unlikely)
  3. Hire someone to film it in the Village Roadshow Studios (most likely as it is easier to move around things to fit Village's needs)

So I was right the ride will be themed after the flying monkeys. Even though I was shot down on these forums for suggesting it.

5 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

So I was right the ride will be themed after the flying monkeys. Even though I was shot down on these forums for suggesting it.

Don’t be too precious. No one shot you down. People asked where you got the info, and then spoke about how stupid it would be if it was called “flying monkeys”.

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

Get used to it. If it wasn’t called parkz the next closest name to what happens would be “get shot down for every idea you say to do with theme parkz”.  (If the tone is unclear this is simply a joke. don’t take it the wrong way)

Last time i checked your browser wouldn’t be locked to Parkz and it doesn’t own your soul. You have the ability to leave, or ignore posts you dislike (and putting “just joking” after slagging off the site is childish and stupid) 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Don’t be too precious. No one shot you down.

Anyway, do y’all think they might revise the area from what’s shown in the concept art? Cause like, obviously it won’t be completely accurate, but I could see them at least saving space for some form of expansion (namely, a flat or 2) in the future, rather than developing it all & leaving it at that.

Edit: Tried to delete the first part, cause I realised Dean & Brad aren’t, in fact, the same person. Sorry ‘bout that, shouldn’t be posting at 2AM.

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

Anyway, do y’all think they might revise the area from what’s shown in the concept art?

Of course there will be some revision, by virtue of it being concept art in the first place. An artist's impression needs to make approximations to increase the visual impact and communicate the vision in a concise fashion. Actual scale of the rides, path layouts, scenery pieces and so on are all subject to change. I actually prefer the element of mystery anyway as it creates more intrigue. If anything, the Atlantis concepts did Leviathan little justice as the renderings (though pushing beyond the realm of plausibility with the rockwork and waterfalls) told nothing of the theme, station and queue experience.

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

I could see them at least saving space for some form of expansion (namely, a flat or 2) in the future

I hope so. I probably sound like a broken record, but the precinct really wouldn't feel "complete" to me without one or two small flats. In my dream scenario, these would be added in time for opening day, and I think the cost increase would be negligible. A couple extra million on a cyclone-themed Nebulaz and I'd be happy. Call me an idealist. A man can dream.

13 hours ago, TBoy said:

Could we see something like Leviathan's pre-show in the SFC's station?

I do hope that they would learn something from Leviathan and not put a pre-show into a load station.

13 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

To be clear, you're claiming to have been correct, on the basis that one other person suggested the same idea 'as an example' of what the preshow could be?

13 hours ago, TBoy said:

Could we see something like Leviathan's pre-show in the SFC's station? An example is having the evil witch tell you on a screen:

The reply by T-boy does not confirm what theme CS put forward - only that it would have a leviathan-esque pre-show.

• Like 1

I definitely don’t think they should have the pre-show (if there is one) for the ride in the station especially since the ride is only able to run one train, and during busy periods they’re going to have to pump the train out as fast as possible. 

What if it took place just before you enter the station? while the train is being loaded, the next group is let into a room 2 behind each door (acting as air gates), pre show takes place as the ride is going then once the train is emptied, the doors open and you board the train. I think a set up like this or just a pre show somewhere else in the queue would work a lot better then a station pre show.

3 hours ago, Rivals said:

I definitely don’t think they should have the pre-show (if there is one) for the ride in the station especially since the ride is only able to run one train, and during busy periods they’re going to have to pump the train out as fast as possible. 

What if it took place just before you enter the station? while the train is being loaded, the next group is let into a room 2 behind each door (acting as air gates), pre show takes place as the ride is going then once the train is emptied, the doors open and you board the train. I think a set up like this or just a pre show somewhere else in the queue would work a lot better then a station pre show.

Maybe as your walking up the stairs in a similar fashion to Leviathan... they could have the scenes playing on the screens with the winkies chasing Dorothy etc around the castle... Then maybe as the train is loading play the scene where they are about to melt the witch... and as the train departs have the water "splash" on the witch... causing her to melt?

4 hours ago, Rivals said:

especially since the ride is only able to run one train,

As you say that...

I wonder if Movie World will invest into a larger station so they can run 2 trains? I know Dollywood does but most of the others are 1-train ops. If they do however they will most likely only run 2-train ops during holidays and 1-train ops during non-peak like DCR, Superman, Road Runner, Jet Rescue and Leviathan.

10 minutes ago, TBoy said:

As you say that...

I wonder if Movie World will invest into a larger station so they can run 2 trains? I know Dollywood does but most of the others are 1-train ops. If they do however they will most likely only run 2-train ops during holidays and 1-train ops during non-peak like DCR, Superman, Road Runner, Jet Rescue and Leviathan.

none of the current vekoma SFC’s with this layout are able to run two trains so i doubt that they would.

17 minutes ago, Rivals said:

none of the current vekoma SFC’s with this layout are able to run two trains so i doubt that they would.

Ah alright. Must of gotten confused.

At least even with 1 train the coaster still has high capacity than most other coasters with 1 train ops. 

• Spongebob's Boating School Blast - 360 pph
  • Motocoaster - 373 pph
  • Jet Rescue - 400 pph
  • Gold Coaster - 400 pph
  • Superman - 410 pph
  • Steel Taipan - 415 pph
  • Surfrider - 460 pph
  • DC Rivals - 465 pph
  • Road Runner - 500 pph
  • Project Zero - 600 pph
  • Family Boomerang (both) - 625 pph
  • Kenny's Forest Flier - 650 pph
  • TNT/MW SFC - 720 pph

57 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

If they put AV in the station there is no way they're achieving that. 

Even without AV, this is Village. it'll take 40 seconds for the last group to clear the station and you know we don't let the next group in until every last person is cleared from the unload...

• Like 2

Regular reminder to keep threads on-topic and to follow the Community Guidelines. Of note:

On 13/9/2014 at 12:34 PM, Richard said:

A friendly and helpful attitude is expected at all times.
You aren't expected to like everyone, but you are expected to treat all members with respect at all times.

If there's a problem, we encourage members to use the report functions or start a new thread in Site Issues.

I think footers will be the most time consuming.  I mean look at wildcats revenge! That thing went up so quick. Mostly because footers and some supports were already there. I am betting we see footers start being put in for the coasters within 1-2 months.