Massive Dreamworld Expansion

GoGoBoy

I think the reason it works out better at a park like PKI is the fact there are 14 coasters there. 4 invert/suspended coasters, 4 wood coasters and 6 others is a pretty good mix really. At Dreamworld that'd make it 2 inverts and 3 others, possibly to high a proportion to have. Having said that, if they did get an invert, it would probably still lead to an attendance increase, but its not as marketable as something completely different. I don't think a 4D is a good idea for anyone until it works properly. Still 4D with a hydraulic launch? Sure, why not combine the two most unreliable new technologies together and have something completely unworkable

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate to see a 4d coaster at Dreamworld.They're such an eysesore.They already have a launched coaster,and an Inverted coaster would be too similar to Reptar.What Dreamworld could really do well with would be a floorless,standup,or flying IMO.
Reptar is a family rollercoaster. And even if 4D would be an eyesore it's great thrill ride. But floorless, standup, flying and similar would be great too.

Why is it people complain about DW having too frequent breakdowns and low capacity, then they want DW to get a 4D, your'e all contradicting yoursleves.
Call me stupid (many people do) but I don't see the relevance between the two. I think that the next ride that DW gets will be a family ride or area. The last ride was a thrill ride and before that there was Nick Central so it's time they got something to cater for the whole family, something kids can go on with their parents and something teens and thrill seekers will enjoy. "The Bus is now leaving for Laurie & Jenny Poulton & Family Memorial Playground, Victoria"

No they are 2 qualities that "X" has! It's the prototype and its at probably the most poorly maintained high profile park there is. What chance does it have? Of course if they build another they are not going to have the same kind of problems. Just look at the fact that "The Bat" was torn down and "Ninja" is still running fine to this day...

i wouldnt be surprise if they put in a theatre and put in spongebob 4D cinema, innicelodean central.
I can't see that, seeing as though Dreamworld already has a cinema, actually Queensland's only remaining IMAX Cinema (we had 3 at one point!)... As for the coasters in the place of Big Brother, does anyone actually know if BB5 is going to be at "Dreamworld Studios"?

I remember hearing something about Big Brother being at Dreamworld for at least another 2 or 3 seasons, so 05, 06 and maybe 07. While the Big Brother house is a bit of a waste of space, it brings in crowds. Big Brother was the first reality TV show in Australia and they still manage to get good ratings. Because of the popularity a large amount of people attend the eviction shows, and quite a few of them travel great distances to be there. Many I would expect would make a day of it and go to the park before the show. Re: Disneyland-Dreamworld comparison I just re-read the article and it does not say in there they are trying to be like Disneyland. All it says is the MLT is following the successful business pattern that Disney has done by creating accomodation at the park

Big Brother was the first reality TV show in Australia and they still manage to get good ratings.
Actually, there were many reality tv shows before big brother. big brother was one of the biggest hypes, and the most interactive with voting, live tv in channel ten's notorious nighttime deadspots, internet and the rest, but reality TV has been airing a lot longer than big brother - its just that big brother has one of the biggest budgets, gets the most airtimes, is in a publicly accessible place and shares its district with many other fine tourist attractions, so it gets the foot traffic because people go "well, while we're here, lets go and look at it...". As far as ratings, they are very fickle things that can be influenced by a lot of different factors. Back in the day, channel 9 used to air the lotto drawing at 5 minutes before the end of the show. it would get people on channel 9 for the 8.30 movie, and get them to switch off the 8pm and 7.30pm shows on other channels to get the lotto results. At one point, 9 was able to skew the results, by saying more people watched their 8pm to 8.30pm show than any other, only to have revealed later that they took their figures from those viewing at the end of the program, which of course, was when people all tuned in for the lotto numbers. I think Big Brother is seriously waning in popularity. While survivor, the Amazing Race and other similar shows continue to prosper, it is because we see constantly new surroundings time and time again. Big Brother is losing its steam as it climbs uphill, because once we see the first episode, we know how cool the house is. If they have any secrets to uncover (like the split house that became one when they removed the pool) then we can rest assured channel 10 will advertise the hell out of it, and tell us when its important to watch, and then, maybe, they get us to watch the evictions, where they recap every important thing that they showed on the daily shows anyway. The problem with the way Channel 10 are marketing Big Brother now, is they are giving it soooooooo much exposure, people are bored of it before it begins. As our effervescent Gretel Killeen points out at the end of every show (stop me if i am in any way wrong) SO we have the daily show at 7pm, Live House Footage every weekday night from 10.30pm Big Brother Uncut thursdays at 9.30pm Live Evictions every Sunday at 6.30pm Chats with the latest evicted housemate every monday at 8.30 with live nominations, and Don't miss seeing the housemate answer the same damn questions on the 2dayFM network monday morning, and then again tuesday night with rove mcmanus. And in case that wasn't already an overload of Big Brother for you :retch: you can log on to www.bigbrother.optusnet.telstra.vodafone.kfc.statravel.playstation.nokia.dreamwo rld.advertiseyourbusinesshere,phoneSteveon0433988988.com.org.au.net.gov.au or log on with your GPRS enabled phone to get all the latest big brother info sent directly to your mobile at www.bigbrothermobileportal.optusnet.telstra.vodafone.kfc.statravel.playstation.n okia.dreamworld.advertiseyourbusinesshere,phoneSteveon0433988988.com.org.au.net. g ov.au

What about RPA, thats reality isnt it? IMO , big brother sucks, there isnt much interesting about watching a bunch of people simply being bored in a house, i really do hope if fails in the ratings, its just such a boring concept, maybe people should try getting out a bit and living their own life instead of watching the boring life of 16 others. I dont see what the big thing about the $1 million prize was, i dont win it , someone else is does so why do i care? And as for that uncut smut, lets not go there. Maybe they should remove the security around the house, at least something interesting would result. Hopefull 10 will give up on it and the space will be used for something worthwhile.