Dreamworld announces Wave Swinger, Dreamland (DreamWorks retheme) and new coasters

Ashley Jeffery

32 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

I know, I'm disgusted in myself, but it makes sense from an operational perspective. The park already has a reputation for being gutted and they can't really afford to have this land down for any extended period of time. I'd imagine there are some stipulations from Dreamworks to have any theming connected to their IP removed by X date. This is likely the quick and nasty response to that.

Other than operationally - I don't love it. Like, what's the story here? What are these little things meant to be? I predict that down the line this will likely cause more problems than it immediately solves.

Probably the only reason why I don't despise it is because I have a fondness for the colour blue.

DW aren't doing it so guest are happy it's open. DW are doing it because DW is being cheap.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jobe said:

A fume ride?? Surely that's just smoke and mirrors!!!!!! Sorry mate could'nt resist!! 😆

I can confirm. I brought one of my friends to MW for the first time and they thought WWF was the ride that had the accident on haha. 

2 hours ago, New display name said:

DW aren't doing it so guest are happy it's open. DW are doing it because DW is being cheap.

Ahh because you work with DW management so it’s official. not just saying it for the sake of it.

5 hours ago, themagician said:

Maybe this…

A18F69D5-632A-4A49-9023-A1B09F23E2D5.thumb.jpeg.6e8e85df52f43588d6b8853afbd2a7e7.jpeg

They still don’t look much like anglerfish. I get what they are trying to achieve but maybe in the most vague of imaginations it can. To me it’s just a minimum effort “retheme” trying to make it fit with ocean parade, like what they’ve done with the rest of KFP land trying to make it fit to ocean parade. Who knew simply repainting the facades and rides of a Chinese themed land wouldn’t be enough to fit it into an ocean themed area? Just because there isn’t an ip telling you what to do doesn’t mean you can just put the bare minimum of effort in trying to make an existing land fit an ex ip area rather than the other way around?

Edited by Baconjack

16 hours ago, New display name said:

Dreamworks Vs Dreamland signage.

99.thumb.JPG.eec6552b1c03723a62554152f72cbb96.JPG999.thumb.JPG.409b0fd6503482afa065ba150041631e.JPG

giphy.gif.0ab24e518b2f6c5ef7f89c6d1f6d26dd.gif

If you thought you were going to get the same level of theme quality with a non-ip overlay, you were kidding yourself from day dot.

This is 'fine'. 

My father always said "never show a fool an incomplete job"

13 hours ago, franky said:

Hey at least the sign is three dimensional

Dreamworld don't own a digital sheet metal printer like Movie World does.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Huh? Is ABC not IP?

It is, but it isn't ABC World. It's Kenny and Belinda's Dreamland.

It's not a land held together by a single unified theme anymore (Dreamworks) that has contractual standards. It's an internal park-IP using multiple licences from far smaller IP juggernauts that do not command the same attention to detail.

This is a de-branding, done to a deadline and a budget. 

I don't like a lot of the things that are happening to the area, but I do understand it. 

It's clear it's being done on the cheap and in the parks current situation, i'm entirely ok with that. I'd rather they kept the rides going in a debranded, band-aided state rather than sign-up to some 10 year contractual commitment that would see them pay through the nose to put a sticker on something whilst still delivering essentially the same experience, potentially cleaning out the cupboard before they're back on their feet and turning 'Dreamworld Parkway' into the entrance to a housing estate. 

Like I said, this is 'fine'

14 minutes ago, New display name said:

One sign is for an Australian premium theme park and the other sign is for a regional park.  Guess which sign goes with which park.

47226fb9e71dfc1867b3ebd8937d790d.jpg

1104-1_Road-Runner-Rol_001.jpg

It's not the first time the new sign hasn't lived up to someone's standards based on the old sign. See also: Wild West Falls

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

Kenny and Belinda 3D Sculpts 😍

Maybe they could do some animatronics? I know where you can get some animatronic koalas pretty cheap...

50 minutes ago, New display name said:

Every GC theme park sign should be designed by the designer of the Doomsday sign.

Then they'd all be facing the wrong way

image.thumb.png.b11a555f3774f7bd55fcbf440b67246b.png