Dreamworld announces Wave Swinger, Dreamland (DreamWorks retheme) and new coasters

Ashley Jeffery

Jungle Rush is sounding amazing. $35 million budget seems like it's going to be really good. 
Cant wait to find out more about the track layout and features like backwards and forwards and not sure what a "Inclined Turntable" is.... anyone have an idea? 

Love that they are bringing back Rivertown and the vintage cars to the themed land.

The Wave swinger at the front of the park is a weird position but will work well I think. 

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

New web page.

List of New Attractions:

• The Dreamworld Flier. A Wave Swinger coming to the park in 2023. Suitable for all ages.
  • Kenny and Belinda's Dreamland. Refurb of DreamWorks Experience. New experiences based off Play School, Bananas in Pyjamas and The Wiggles. ABC Kids World will also merge into this new land.
  • Ocean Parade Expansion. Refurb of Ocean Parade with a new splash zone, and reimagined bumper cars and Pandanonium.
  • Rivertown. New area based off jungle with Vintage Cars moved into the area.
  • Jungle Rush. New $35 million coaster built by Vekoma with 12 airtime moments, ability to go both directions as well as a world first inclined turntable.

My thoughts:

• I like the idea of the Dreamworld Flier. I am surprised it took so long for one to come as Gumbuya World, Adventure Park and LPM all have one. Yes Sea World had one but there hasn't been one in QLD for 3 years until December.
  • Great to see Dreamworks and ABC Kids merge into one with kids rides all around. I assume most rides from ABC will be moved over to the new location with some new ones. Unfortunately I feel like some rides won't make the cut and they will be retired.
  • Ocean Parade expansion sounds awesome, but not much compared to the massive expansions elsewhere.
  • Rivertown sounds awesome, with a controlled rollercoaster and the vintage cars moved. With the ability to go both directions I feel like maybe there will be a vote at the start whether to go forwards or backwards. 

RE: The retiring of rides, I feel like these will stay:

• Shrek's Ogre Go Round (rebranded to BIP)
  • Play School Wheel
  • Pandanonium (rebranded)
  • Big Red Boat 
  • Dorothy's Tea Cups
  • Play School Wheel
  • Escape to Madagascar (rebranded)
  • Skadoosh
  • Mad Jungle Jam
  • The Claw
  • Tail Spin
  • Giant Drop
  • Shockwave

I unfortunately think BIP Maze, Gingy's Gliders, PIB Sword Swing and Dronkey Fliers will be retired. The fact most of them will become less popular due to the DreamWorld Flier as well as the decreased room will probably mean some wont make the cut.

Very exciting stuff!

Like the look of the Wave Swinger. Haven't been a fan of the water area since they put in the globe. Using the space for a potentially iconic attraction makes a lot of sense.

Based on the concept art the "Dreamworld Theatre" seems to be going in the Madagascar shop.

Didn't expect KFP to become an Ocean Parade expansion haha

Big Red Roller Coaster!

Vintage Cars getting moved - again!

Jungle Rush looks really interesting. Ride wise I think they've beaten Wizard of Oz on this front

42 minutes ago, Natti_amusements said:

Is it just me, or does Jungle Rush remind anyone of dollywood's upcoming 2023 big bear mountain coaster. They both family oriented and built by vekoma

haha you're right!

Edited by Ogre

I’m glad it seems Dreamworld is finally back in the competition now, even adding a Splash-pad is a smart move as i feel a full blown water ride would be a bit risky with the public. 

I will say personally i prefer this over WoO announcement, especially since Jungle Rush isn’t a copy and paste clone and seems very cool and unique.

The only thing i wish was that MDMC was being rethemed to fit in more, but besides that i can’t wait for all of these projects to be open by the end of 2024.

Wow I’m impressed with all of this, they’re seeming to really just overhaul most of the park!

The most interesting points in this announcement for me are:

1. Pandamonium and Bumper Cars being intergrated into Oceans Parade

2. ABC Kids World being pretty much flatten for Rivertown? And the vintage cars moving back near its original spot!

3. Dreamland including the ABC IP’s in it, with the Big Red Boat roller coaster and Bananas In Pyjamas carousel  

14 minutes ago, TBoy said:

List of New Attractions:

• The Dreamworld Flier. A Wave Swinger coming to the park in 2023. Suitable for all ages.
  • Kenny and Belinda's Dreamland. Refurb of DreamWorks Experience. New experiences based off Play School, Bananas in Pyjamas and The Wiggles. ABC Kids World will also merge into this new land.
  • Ocean Parade Expansion. Refurb of Ocean Parade with a new splash zone, and reimagined bumper cars and Pandanonium.
  • Rivertown. New area based off jungle with Vintage Cars moved into the area.
  • Jungle Rush. New $35 million coaster built by Vekoma with 12 airtime moments, ability to go both directions as well as a world first inclined turntable.

My thoughts:

• I like the idea of the Dreamworld Flier. I am surprised it took so long for one to come as Gumbuya World, Adventure Park and LPM all have one. Yes Sea World had one but there hasn't been one in QLD for 3 years until December.
  • Great to see Dreamworks and ABC Kids merge into one with kids rides all around. I assume most rides from ABC will be moved over to the new location with some new ones. Unfortunately I feel like some rides won't make the cut and they will be retired.
  • Ocean Parade expansion sounds awesome, but not much compared to the massive expansions elsewhere.
  • Rivertown sounds awesome, with a controlled rollercoaster and the vintage cars moved. With the ability to go both directions I feel like maybe there will be a vote at the start whether to go forwards or backwards. 

RE: The retiring of rides, I feel like these will stay:

• Shrek's Ogre Go Round (rebranded to BIP)
  • Play School Wheel
  • Pandanonium (rebranded)
  • Big Red Boat 
  • Dorothy's Tea Cups
  • Play School Wheel
  • Escape to Madagascar (rebranded)
  • Skadoosh
  • Mad Jungle Jam
  • The Claw
  • Tail Spin
  • Giant Drop
  • Shockwave

I unfortunately think BIP Maze, Gingy's Gliders, PIB Sword Swing and Dronkey Fliers will be retired. The fact most of them will become less popular due to the DreamWorld Flier as well as the decreased room will probably mean some wont make the cut.

You do know AussieWorld have an authentic classic Zierer Wave Swinger!? QLD has had one for a while…

In saying that, if Dreamworld don’t go with Zierer, then it will be trash. 

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld announces Wave Swinger, Dreamland (DreamWorks retheme) and new coasters