Dreamworld announces Wave Swinger, Dreamland (DreamWorks retheme) and new coasters

Ashley Jeffery

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Maybe they could do some animatronics? I know where you can get some animatronic koalas pretty cheap...

Then they'd all be facing the wrong way

image.thumb.png.b11a555f3774f7bd55fcbf440b67246b.png

‘Least they mirrored the sign here.

AFF6D1C6-F9D3-47C0-B237-34ABA894C521.thumb.jpeg.c68cc65a86f505309c102a7e756bb8f3.jpeg

Pavement’s being worked on throughout, seems it’s gonna be fake wood.

715637C7-116D-4F62-B530-8DF8FB446544.thumb.jpeg.9e350ea585ec758b67d4e03ed7c440b0.jpeg

8ABF1A1A-8408-4F60-8D69-D7E4B6CFC96F.thumb.jpeg.eeef9cf2c5beb75a1521d9231604cae5.jpeg

Some more random angles of the site again:

B395341A-CBD0-448E-BBC3-B67C75E05E71.thumb.jpeg.581dc0b2647ad3e185f8795eaf052f05.jpeg

3EDF265A-E11D-42EF-A10C-B3DDC48F05EB.thumb.jpeg.71d68f37e22de1fe59ff33f79dbb1d4c.jpeg

306FE5B8-F009-4D9A-AE6B-21063202D76F.thumb.jpeg.3b6ccea423b2f8ec0dac91a0413c616b.jpeg

25DFD3EF-5990-40C3-A191-E2488522D067.thumb.jpeg.c386c81fa153f0ece1c60290d624b58c.jpegSeriously though, why so many paint colours on the supports? I know parks test colours w/ swatches, but these are complete supports painted drastically different colours in multiple locations. 

067DC36D-C8CD-4365-85EB-C2F0E3EB7617.thumb.jpeg.22d4676e5081a3e694ae399ff3ce933d.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Seriously though, why so many paint colours on the supports? I know parks test colours w/ swatches, but these are complete supports painted drastically different colours in multiple locations

Maybe it’s going to be multiple Color’s? Kinda like a dream thing? Idk think corkscrew’s corkscrew at rainbow’s end.?

3 hours ago, Tricoart said:

25DFD3EF-5990-40C3-A191-E2488522D067.thumb.jpeg.c386c81fa153f0ece1c60290d624b58c.jpegSeriously though, why so many paint colours on the supports? I know parks test colours w/ swatches, but these are complete supports painted drastically different colours in multiple locations. 

Those orange, green, red and brown colours have been like that since it was repainted to be Escape from Madagascar. The entire ride will be getting a repaint during its upcoming closure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Those orange, green, red and brown colours have been like that since it was repainted to be Escape from Madagascar. The entire ride will be getting a repaint during its upcoming closure.

Really? I seriously never noticed, guess it's cause I didn't pay attention to the ride 'til now. But there's even a few individual supports that are painted 3 different colours in of themselves, it's such an eyesore to look at that i must've just assumed it was that way 'cause they're testing new paint or something.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

Theyre definitely being pretty cheap on this makeover. But thats ok because they are a park trying to do good and get back on their feet right now. 
If it was Movieworld that would be a different story, that would be just cheapening the experience plain and simple. 

When DW get back on their feet and can focus on the little things more it’s going to have to be redone. It’s only acceptable because DW is having a pretty crap old time but they are still fighting. Wonderland gave up. It’s not ideal but it could be worse. We could have another shopping mall… I do hope they put a bit more effort into Rivertown though. I am actually super excited about R town and JuRush

I don't believe it'll have to be redone in the sense that it'll become a priority once they're stably in the green again, yeah it's a cheaply done patch-up job that's clearly a downgrade from the original area in a few aspects, but it's a hefty upgrade from post-pandemic/Big Red Car removal Wiggles World, and that's enough. Plus, worse looking areas have operated for much, even looking solely at Dreamworld there's a clear 'area' that's in much more dire need of retheming/beautifying than it'll be, that being Motocoaster/Steel Taipan/Giant Drop's permanent construction zone. Nonetheless, I think their priorities after getting in the green would (or, perhaps, should) be either a modern water ride, a Motocoaster replacement, a flagship DCR competitor, or onsite accommodation.

Edited by Tricoart

10 hours ago, REGIE said:

Wonderland gave up

Just for the record, Wonderland relocated a lot of their kids rides to other areas of the park when they lost the Hanna Barbera licence. They rethemed the kids rides to generic versions. Dick Dastardly's Flying Circus became The Red Baron and so on. 

On the other hand, Dreamworld is relocating a bunch of their kids rides to other areas of the park, while retheming them to generic versions. Totally different.

48 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

You mean there's another way to extend the closure dates besides silently changing them on the website in the middle of the night?

Don't people around here complain when the parks say nothing, are you complaining now the park has said something?

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Don't people around here complain when the parks say nothing, are you complaining now the park has said something?

No, i'm sarcastically making the comparison of Village dropping date changes silently in the night with Dreamworld sending out an entire passholder email with behind the scenes images and explanations of why its taking longer.

On an unrelated note - here's a sneak peak behind the scenes update for Wizard of Oz Land:

image.jpeg.0e4947f0249954432e5efaffd54ddda4.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

No, i'm sarcastically making the comparison of Village dropping date changes silently in the night with Dreamworld sending out an entire passholder email with behind the scenes images and explanations of why its taking longer.

On an unrelated note - here's a sneak peak behind the scenes update for Wizard of Oz Land:

image.jpeg.0e4947f0249954432e5efaffd54ddda4.jpeg

Actual Wizard of Oz sneak peek be like:

Dirt Field.mp4

I was thinking I don’t mind dreamworld being “cheap” on this refresh considering what state they are in at the moment but that doesn’t mean it has to look boring or badly done.

The new dreamland sign could look a lot better and still be cheap. The thing is though everyone working on the logos promotional bits and signs would be from a university like culture where it’s all refined and by the books.  It’s would be near cloned from something else. they can’t think out of the box, that’s not what they were taught. But if you think about it They could use a lot of salvaged materials and parts that could make a more interesting sign.  That’s what people building theme parks would have done in the 50s-80s. See the in house built theming and what charm it had.  They weren’t forking out millions and millions but were using what the had efficiently and cleaver. cheap doesn’t have to mean effortless. Instead of getting parts fabricated and cut specifically and having to cut corners in detail.  there is more clever ways to do it. You just need a bit of imagination. Something the new dreamland seems to lack so far.  

On 7/3/2023 at 7:29 PM, Tricoart said:

19A79779-7092-490E-9549-7112A98C4281.thumb.jpeg.f8af87cef4e399f1f0a24e7b6f1a5b4d.jpeg
Kenny statue

I have researched more about the land’s construction and it seems this one will go out the front of the area based on this concept art:

A55ECEC0-8E82-4789-B9CD-71CE48FF661A.webp

Yes the art may look low quality but it correctly predicted the sign and the fences. Also Kenny’s pose looks the exact same in the image so that is what I am guessing it is for.

Edited by TBoy

On 11/03/2023 at 10:19 PM, REGIE said:

I was thinking I don’t mind dreamworld being “cheap” on this refresh considering what state they are in at the moment but that doesn’t mean it has to look boring or badly done.

The new dreamland sign could look a lot better and still be cheap. The thing is though everyone working on the logos promotional bits and signs would be from a university like culture where it’s all refined and by the books.  It’s would be near cloned from something else. they can’t think out of the box, that’s not what they were taught. But if you think about it They could use a lot of salvaged materials and parts that could make a more interesting sign.  That’s what people building theme parks would have done in the 50s-80s. See the in house built theming and what charm it had.  They weren’t forking out millions and millions but were using what the had efficiently and cleaver. cheap doesn’t have to mean effortless. Instead of getting parts fabricated and cut specifically and having to cut corners in detail.  there is more clever ways to do it. You just need a bit of imagination. Something the new dreamland seems to lack so far.  

Jesus Christ did you just stereotype every person who goes to University as non-creative and plagiarist?

Do you honestly think creative agencies are full of people who can't think outside the box? (hint - it's in the name)

The days of a father and his sons fashioning a park, attraction, ride or theming out of 'shit laying around in the shed' has long passed. And if there was any skerrick of doubt as to whether in-house designed and built was still viable - it died along with four people in Thunder River.