Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

On 21/08/2023 at 9:07 AM, themagician said:

My guess would be by the end of the year and with install early next year. If the land is going to be as well themed as stated during the announcement, I suspect the coaster track will go up pretty early in the year to allow for all the theming to be constructed around it.

If they are still testing the new element in August, it sounds like they are cutting it close for the track to arrive in Australia by the end of the year.

3 hours ago, New display name said:

More concept drawings from Ardents F23 results.

The new vintage car trains look great, a massive step up from the current white, generic ones. 

The Jungle Rush entrance looks great as well, looks better than the other entrances at Dreamworld right now.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

With the Play School Wheel set to close for maintenance from tomorrow, we could start seeing construction walls going up for the whole area any day now. It will be interesting to see if they connect Tiger Island to the wildlife area in some way so we don't have dead-end paths again for the next 12 months.

• Like 2

@TomiJ I did notice that, but wasn’t sure if it was just a dodge edit of the map or it will legit just be going forwards and backwards between the stations.

I was thinking the train would be still doing to full circuit for a while, and would just not operate for a few months when construction was escalating. But maybe if they’re not messing around with demolition, the trains operation will already be impacted. I’m also interested to see if the pedestrian tunnel from tiger island to ABC Kids will be filled in and if a track crossing will be added. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, themagician said:

I was thinking the train would be still doing to full circuit for a while, and would just not operate for a few months when construction was escalating

"This beloved and integral park transport ride is temporarily closed while we construct our newest coaster, but it will most assuredly return afterwards, even if we scrap a train in the interim" aren't reassuring words to the Gold Coast Theme Park community.

Let's hope it returns to full operations once Leviathan err Jungle Rush is complete!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

"This beloved and integral park transport ride is temporarily closed while we construct our newest coaster, but it will most assuredly return afterwards, even if we scrap a train in the interim" aren't reassuring words to the Gold Coast Theme Park community.

Let's hope it returns to full operations once Leviathan err Jungle Rush is complete!

I get where you’re coming from, but those are different scenarios entirely. SW’s Monorail arguably needed an extensive refurb even before its ‘construction-related’ closure, but they didn’t want to pay for it, so they shut the ride down completely & used the construction as an excuse. DW Express just got out of it’s extensive refurb, and are keeping the 2 redone stations completely operational throughout construction of their ‘precinct’ (which, coincidentally, borders the 3rd, as of yet not redone station). Even in the scenario where they didn’t, however, it remains that one has had its refurb (and possibly planned it around the imminent construction), and the other used imminent construction as a means to excuse a lack of a refurb & quietly retire the ride. If any analogue was to be drawn between the 2 scenarios, there’d have to be quite a bit of negative thinking to go into making it an unfavourable one for DW Express.

Edited by Tricoart