Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

The video I saw of it running backwards has the caboose\wheelchair car removed. Perhaps reduced weight? (Though it may just be that the rear car needs a spotter on the radio, so they opted to give them a seat)

The new carriages are already lighter than the old ones by a mile...

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

caboose\wheelchair car removed

That car was just used for prams, wheelchairs can be stored in the normal carriages, as can prams because the seats fold down.

The train carriages are fitted with cameras so the driver can see the rear of the train from the front

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

That car was just used for prams, wheelchairs can be stored in the normal carriages, as can prams because the seats fold down.

I know. That's why I suggested they removed it to reduce the weight - because it didn't change their accessibility but perhaps it allowed them to run backwards.

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

The train carriages are fitted with cameras so the driver can see the rear of the train from the front

Also well aware, but the video I saw had an operator \ conductor sitting in the back row with what looked like a 2-way in their hand. Cameras are great and all, but they don't see everything a real person can. Its a smart move to have a spotter for the return journey regardless of how many cameras you have.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Dear god, the copy on that page is so badly written and below their usual standard. They also used the term 'precinct' instead of land, sadly following VRTP's lead

Corporations word it way more formal then it needs to be. 

Edited by STRAWS

17 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Dear god, the copy on that page is so badly written and below their usual standard. They also used the term 'precinct' instead of land, sadly following VRTP's lead

You're not wrong. Reads more like something you'd find in a quarterly financial report than something for the public. People want to know about features and additions, not ethereal marketing puffery. 

I agree, the page isn't top-shelf reading but what I do get out of the page is, DW confirming the coaster will be a dark ride.  Or at least the mixture of a dark ride.

Do you agree or not?

This mine-style family rollercoaster from top-tier manufacturer, Vekoma, will offer a fun..............................,

Edited by New display name

Better?

Get ready for the most incredible land to ever be delivered by Dreamworld! From immersive storytelling to experiences that will have you amazed, Rivertown is set to offer families a brand new Australian theme park experience. Part of a $55 million investment in the park, Rivertown will feature a reimagined Vintage Cars, soon to be known as Murrissippi Motors, as well as the park’s largest ever investment in a single attraction. You’ll be blown away by the family coaster, Jungle Rush, you won’t want to miss a single update about this brand-new land. Keep checking back as we begin to reveal the story of Rivertown!

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

I agree, the page isn't top-shelf reading but what I do get out of the page is, DW confirming the coaster will be a dark ride.

Do you agree or not?

I think there will definitley be indoor sections of the ride, but a lot of it will be outside. Maybe to a similar level of indoor sections as Big Thunder Mountain

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

I agree, the page isn't top-shelf reading but what I do get out of the page is, DW confirming the coaster will be a dark ride.  Or at least the mixture of a dark ride.

Do you agree or not?

This mine-style family rollercoaster from top-tier manufacturer, Vekoma, will offer a fun..............................,

I interpreted that quote moreso as it’ll be most akin to a Vekoma Mine Train, which was already somewhat known & shown in the POV clip.

40 minutes ago, New display name said:

The concept isn't a Vekoma Mine train.

dw-future-mobile-900x500_junglerush.jpg

But it’s layout/‘style’ is similar to that of a mine train, to some extent (I don’t know, I’m not Dreamworld, but that meaning makes the most sense to me). And the concept I’m referring to is this: 

Edited by Tricoart

25 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

But it’s layout/‘style’ is similar to that of a mine train, to some extent (I don’t know, I’m not Dreamworld, but that meaning makes the most sense to me). And the concept I’m referring to is this:

Just reading through this, I'd bring up the new Sliding Sleigh's coaster at Hong Kong Disneyland. Same notched track with decorative crossties attached, but very much a junior coaster. Probably your best comparison; 

1 hour ago, TPoseOnTantrum said:

Probably your best comparison; 

I would say it is that style of track with Big Bear Mountain trains.

Speaking of that ride I am hoping Jungle Rush is longer that. It seems underwhelming for Disney standards, that is only 50sec including lift hill.

57 minutes ago, Ogre said:

HKD was lacking a "kiddie coaster", so the new Frozen one was done that way deliberately.

I know that, I was just thinking it could've been a lot better if it was like the Seven Dwarves Mine Train with a dark ride section. The theming is really good but unfortunately that doesn't make up for the lack of length.

Edited by TBoy

17 hours ago, New display name said:

The concept isn't a Vekoma Mine train.

dw-future-mobile-900x500_junglerush.jpg

I mean, other than the Zero car, that looks about as mine-train-y as this does...

image.thumb.png.0ffb366e4ff9d8ba7776088ecb474aac.png

Wild West Mine Train - Ocean Park (Removed)

15 hours ago, TBoy said:

It seems underwhelming for Disney standards, that is only 50sec including lift hill.

I think it goes ok. If I compare that to Universal's offering, I see it fitting with Flight of the Hippogriff which isn't much different length wise (it runs about 60 seconds inc. lift hill, but IMO the lift is slower too) - both have a short animatronic intro pre-lift, and then a fairly simple layout.

If you compare the two of them, i'd say Oaken's looks better, though the Hippogriff probably seems a little more thrilling.

13 hours ago, TBoy said:

it could've been a lot better if it was like the Seven Dwarves Mine Train with a dark ride section. The theming is really good but unfortunately that doesn't make up for the lack of length.

7DMT is the anchor attraction in Fantasyland at WDW. Oaken's is not - and it's demonstrated clearly by the fact that it's not the headlining character for the land. 

A 7DMT attraction would have replaced Frozen Ever After as the anchor, and for an IP like frozen, a thrill coaster isn't quite the right fit.