The New Atlantis - Reviews & Reactions

themagician

1 hour ago, Noll_57 said:

7 News GC did another report on the Sea World ride closures tonight. They even had a live cross to a reporter outside the park. According to the report, SW can’t guarantee when Leavithan will reopen, while the park was aiming to have Vortex open “by the end of the week”. 

the news report is linked below. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl3IgQLjO05/?igshid=Nzg3NjI1NGI=

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rappa said:

I'll celebrate that from the comfort of the dockside bar. Its a nope from me for those things.

I haven't ridden a Skyflyer though admittedly. Is it more view than spew?

Certainly not getting me on Vortex though

You’d have a more thrilling ride on a Ferris wheel than Vortex. Congratulations to Sea World for the worlds worst operated Top Spin ☺️

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

@Dean Barnettare you going to be posting negative reviews everyday?

12 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

You’d have a more thrilling ride on a Ferris wheel than Vortex. Congratulations to Sea World for the worlds worst operated Top Spin ☺️

18 hours ago, New display name said:

The enterprise at DW went upside down 3 times where if you rode it at the Ekka it was a good few minutes.

@HussRainbow87this is standard practise at GC theme parks.  Probably because it's not in SW's interest to make people sick and they leave the park.

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

It backs up my claims that they’re not posting that the attractions are closed at the front gate - and people are travelling from interstate to ride these attractions 

also $12 for lockers … and coins only?!

Edited by Dean Barnett

Turning into a PR nightmare for Seaworld. 

A soft opening would have been a better approach before spending big on advertising the attractions, just get some kilometres into the trains and track with riders and be able to make adjustments and changes before ramping up promotional marketing. 

I do wonder what the issue is with Leviathan. My suspicion is they have needed to order a new part from overseas, possibly ride control related?

Vortex and Leviathan both down for the day again today. Trident was open on time, but has closed intermittently due to high winds. I’m sure it’s been mentioned, and I hate to add to the general negativity of this thread, but it seems an oversight to have a ride model with such a low operational wind speed threshold in the location that it is.

Anyway, in response to the interstate travel thing, I’m from Sydney and it’s definitely frustrating that advertising even at the parks front gate is still suggesting that we “Ride It Now”. However, to add some positivity to the thread, the staff at the entrances to the closed attractions have been wonderful. Cheery, upbeat, helpful, and willing to have a chat while giving an update on as much information as they’re allowed to give. I really hope they’ve been spared the brunt of the backlash. It’s a thankless job to guest relate on a closed attraction, especially under these circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Moxie Metro said:

We haven’t been spared the brunt, the abuse has been awful.

That sucks that y’all have been put in that position, and screw the people taking their anger out on y’all. I understand being frustrated, but at the very least make an official complaint and hopefully get your money back, instead of abusing defenceless staff who are just tryna help you.

1 hour ago, Moxie Metro said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. You don’t deserve to be treated like that, no matter what the circumstances. When I visited on Tuesday, the staff were simply excellent, very professional and trying their absolute best to calm some very disgruntled guests. You guys definitely deserve all the praise you can get.

2 hours ago, Moxie Metro said:

Really sorry to hear that. You don't deserve that at all. Just want you to know that the staff have really made our days at the park excellent, even despite the frustration of not getting the ride we came for. You guys are excellent, and it sucks so much that you're in the firing line of people's anger at something you have no control over.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, New display name said:

@HussRainbow87this is standard practise at GC theme parks.  Probably because it's not in SW's interest to make people sick and they leave the park.

I realise that, most flat cycles are very tame here in Australia, but look at Pandamonium and even Wipeout had elaborate cycles that showed the rides full potential, it could be ever so tweaked to really show off what a great machine it is, but I have a feeling it will still be running that program in ten years 😭

15 hours ago, jhunt2 said:

Trident was open on time, but has closed intermittently due to high winds.

Surely not. The max wind speed yesterday was around 30km/h. Surely the park has bought an attraction that can’t operate in ‘high winds’, which this part of the world gets nearly everyday. I visited the park at lunch time because the app said it was operating with an hour wait and I got there and it wasn’t and it definitely didn’t feel windy at the park 

Also, rather than permanent fixed storage buckets, the park has opted for plastic buckets on the ground 

C2084363-0CA4-4FED-85E3-0AF99CBB67DB.jpeg

19 minutes ago, New display name said:

It feels misleading when the park closes SW change it to this.

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.thumb.JPG.e27952f8dc735668cb3802d531ec66ac.JPG

And just before the park opens it is changed to this.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.thumb.JPG.9bd8caf1252b8582eeecce2b2ea564fb.JPG

And it's happened every day this week.

I think it's a case of not knowing it won't open until morning checks are completed, but at the same time, just leave it up there until you've got the green light. Better to pleasantly surprise someone that it is open than disappoint them that it is closed.

Just now, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I think it's a case of not knowing it won't open until morning checks are completed, but at the same time, just leave it up there until you've got the green light. Better to pleasantly surprise someone that it is open than disappoint them that it is closed.

You really think that?

The ride doesn't open all day and it's still not running at the end of the day, but they will check it in the morning to see if it will now run.

Justice League went into unscheduled maintenance this week and it wasn't removed every night from the page.