Dreamworld’s Ocean Parade Expansion 2023

themagician

I know that these are all minor nitpicks, and my opinion does not matter to Dreamworld, 'nor anyone working on the rethemed area. However, this is a forum for people that are way too invested in amusement parks to express opinions & thoughts on amusement parks, so: My issue with 'Serpent Slayer' lies with the entire ride's thematic choice, honestly I kinda like the look of the Roman (or, Atlantean) inscribed golden chariots. But that's just it, the entire theme of that ride (and only that ride) is Atlantean. There's the obvious blends of turquoise & gold, there's trident logos emblazoned on all the chariots & surrounding the base of the centrepiece, which in of itself is seemingly going to just be a Leviathan that's a darker shade of blue. In my opinion, it'd have been a much nicer choice, and one more fitting with the rest of the area, if they dove more into the actual animal kingdom rather than mythology. Example being, do a minor remodel on the centrepiece (removing the dragon-like head & scales), repaint it to be akin to a Yellow-Lipped Sea Krait, and give it the generic reef theme that most of this Ocean Parade expansion has. Just a couple different decals, maybe some modelled reef pieces here or there that blend into the ones at 'Seabed Splash', you could even keep the same chariot design so long as they became more dishevelled & overgrown with seaweed. An equally-nothing name like 'Reef Rumble' or something, and you're done.

Edited by Tricoart

I agree it’s a major attraction that will probably be around for a while. This is a good chance to get the classic ocean parade theme back. It would be more effort but removing the snake as a whole and replacing it with something simple like theme the ride to some crazy octopus rampaging the beach. Theme the carts to beach buggy’s just remove the cart wheel and add car wheels and your done. I know it’s an unoriginal theme but I think that’s what OP needs right now. Call it….. FROTHING!

As much as I dislike the route they're going with Pandamonium, at least they're attempting to put an (albeit miniscule) amount of effort into it by adding minor details to it's new paintjob. Wait til they keep the exact same Asia-themed facades throughout the area but just paint them the same shade of blue, then there'll be a real issue.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, New display name said:

No bananas for me to ride on the carousel, tells me all I need to know about the re-theme.

Riding bananas is probably entering dangerous meme territory, but certainly they could have had B1 and B2 at the back of the car waving with the seats in front.

How can it be BiP carousel without bananas?

(I am however conscious that the park has been putting things in place as they go, and they've clearly prioritised getting the rides back up after the dreamworks stuff is removed, to keep rides running. 

So, this may not be the final product, and they're just adding things as they become available. I'm keen to be surprised.

37 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

So, this may not be the final product, and they're just adding things as they become available. I'm keen to be surprised.

Definitely seems that way, with the topper (Crown? Roof?) of the carousel being substantially different from the one in this concept art (you'll have to zoom in a bit to see it):

IMG_1009.JPG.b64ca3d94e0ed02f0d5bf2793aeead57.JPG

If it is the case that this is the finalized design, and it strays that far from the concept art, even though it's just a carousel IMO that reflects very badly on the rest of the retheme, and crashes my expectations for the few decisions I thought they'd made that were good.

Edited by Tricoart

• 1 month later...