Dreamworld Flyer

TBoy

15 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other park I have been to that has a ride as soon as you enter.

Depends on how you classify it, but in it's later years, Wonderland's gates were moved beyond the retail plaza, and halfway up the hill into international village. While I can't seem to find a photo that shows it during operation, Bounty's Revenge was immediately inside the gates and impossible to miss if it were operating as you entered. 

Sure, it's a little further back, but there really wasn't anything else in front of you except this giant swinging ship.

Wonderland Sydney to reopen as Worlds of Wonder theme park | Daily Telegraph

On 31/08/2023 at 6:35 AM, New display name said:

MW?

From where your tickets / passes are scanned allowing you entry, DF is approx. 20 metres straight ahead...  That same distance doesn't even get you to the arch at MW from the turnstiles.  So if we take it from the arch instead, the closest ride is Batwing Spaceshot at 40 metres, but it is not within the "courtyard" area of the roundabout and is instead off to the side.

On 31/08/2023 at 8:06 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Depends on how you classify it, but in it's later years, Wonderland's gates were moved beyond the retail plaza, and halfway up the hill into international village. While I can't seem to find a photo that shows it during operation, Bounty's Revenge was immediately inside the gates and impossible to miss if it were operating as you entered. 

Sure, it's a little further back, but there really wasn't anything else in front of you except this giant swinging ship.

Wonderland Sydney to reopen as Worlds of Wonder theme park | Daily Telegraph

There is still an open empty area and even some sort of storefront.  As I replied above, DF will be within 20 metres of the entrance...  Less than the distance between two street poles.

As a comparison, the closest edge of Ballroom Blitz at Aussie World version is the same distance to the centre of Bug Run...  Just on the other side of a path...

I got to go to Canada’s playland last week and they have a wave swinger pretty much straight as you enter and it looks awesome. Definitely makes for a pretty Cool entry . Playland is kinda set up like a fair in that nothing looks very permanent but it still gave me an idea of what DW’s would be like.  Definitely a win. Imo.

Edited by REGIE

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Thanks for the photo 🤔

The entitlement here is a little souring. Nobody has given an update - someone finally does, and your only comment is that they didn't provide enough of an update?

If someone genuinely wants to see it, they'd be across most of the theme park socials or channels that post weekly updates in the parks. Those channels are regularly mentioned here. If you don't use socials or channels then you're not really that motivated for updates then, hey?

Taken from Jagg's Journeys dated 23/September. 

No photo description available.

Jaggs Journeys on Facebook

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

No photo description available.

What a pretty ride this is! I'm loving the white and sky blue colour scheme. And that photo makes it shine! The buildings with the roof shingles are looking good too and nice to see they're trying to match the traditional building architecture of Main Street (makes me wish even more so now that they never demolished the original theatre architecture). Those buildings do however close off the view of the ride from the entrance more than I was thinking it would and the globe is still to be lifted back into place. I'll save my final opinion to when it's all complete, but right now I'm on the fence.

It's looking good, but I can't help but feel it's a bit too much white. Something like a cream colour or a pale yellow or something just to break it up a bit I think would look mint. I honestly loved the look of Dragons Flight at Wonderland or even the yellow used on Ballroom Blitz at Aussie World.

Overall though, I'm loving the aesthetic but kinda wish the view wasn't so obstructed from the entrance. But I'll wait till it's finished to see how it ends up.

image.thumb.png.a422ac86ed38d644f83862c5d55d340f.png

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

it's a bit too much white

I originally had the same concerns about just how white it was, and how hard it was going to be to keep it clean. 

I still think keeping it clean will be a struggle, but the more it has come together the more i'm warming to the colour scheme. This is going to look incredible lit up at night. I just hope that these buildings don't completely destroy all the sight lines to get this thing in motion because it's going to be incredibly photogenic.

8 hours ago, themagician said:

I also originally thought the same about the white, but with the lighting package this attraction will have, at night it should look awesome.

Sadly it will mostly just be for the night markets, unless the LED's they use are bright enough to be clearly seen during the day. I'm still reserving judgement until it's operational, it wouldn't have been my first choice still but it's by no means bad at all.

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Missing? is there some golden concept art out there that showed it would be gold?

They may have just meant “it’s missing” as “it’d be better with”, but if it’s any consolation, the concept art that we’ve got portrays the aforementioned lights as ‘golden’.

IMG_3223.thumb.jpeg.e4e0ee8769b2f82c21c92bd3fdabee22.jpeg

• Gazza changed the title to Dreamworld Flyer