Area of Kids WB Fenced Off

themagician

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

Didn’t it get removed for the Ice Skating for White Christmas?

it was removed as IT has gone through its 2 year run at fright nights.

a lot of areas (such as china town alley way) became back of house areas because the departments needed space, same with the storage in the JDSC building. When a park expands its offering, back of house need more space, which is hard when the park is landlocked. This isn’t a problem at Dreamworld as they have the space to have storage and departments out of guest view, MovieWorld doesn’t have this privilege.

1 minute ago, Rivals said:

a lot of areas (such as china town alley way) became back of house areas because the departments needed space

Sounds like pretty poor discipline.  Most departments in most organizations will constantly belly-ache for more space but management need to have a spine and tell them that convenience is not a primary consideration.

31 minutes ago, webslave said:

Sounds like pretty poor discipline.  Most departments in most organizations will constantly belly-ache for more space but management need to have a spine and tell them that convenience is not a primary consideration.

when storage space is needed in a landlocked park then sometimes changes have to be made. yeah it made good crowd flow but you also have the Scooby alley, so when the china town alley is just another way to get into the Scooby alley then even though it would be nice, it isn’t essential.

Edited by Rivals

43 minutes ago, Rivals said:

MovieWorld doesn’t have this privilege.

image.thumb.png.3f80beecc3b75d6dafe342db84e5a73d.png

9 minutes ago, Rivals said:

when storage space is needed in a landlocked park then sometimes changes have to be made.

Jesus christ - are you in Village Marketing? 

Say it with me

7 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

SUPPORT FACILITIES SHOULD NOT OCCUPY ATTRACTION SPACE AT THE EXPENSE OF ATTRACTIONS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Jesus christ - are you in Village Marketing? 

considering 95% of the time im pro-dreamworld and critical with the way village runs certain areas of their park, i’d say not. it’s just me using common sense.

why would they place storage at the very back of the park, on the opposite side of where stuff is needed? parade floats ect are stored out near the JDSC building and are maintained within it, so keeping it on that side where it’s out of view for guests makes sense. 

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The area highlighted is used as crew parking for various productions at the studios.  When the studios have multiple productions happening at once, there are hundreds of cars that need to go somewhere. In 2022, Ticket to Paradise, Irreverent, Young Rock 2 and Nautilus were using every single building on the VRS lot. 

The buildings just under the highlighted area are Special Effects workshops, set construction buildings and other offices for production-essential companies. This would effectively proposing to split the studios in half.

While I agree that BOH areas should stay BOH and shouldn't interrupt attractions or guest flow through the park, the theme park support facilities also shouldn't occupy Studio space at the expense of the Productions.

• Like 1

Some things could probably be stored offsite or behind wet’n’wild. Stuff that isn’t used too frequently.  The fright night stuff for instance doesn’t need to be in park all year round. But the floats do pose a problem. As they are used almost every day.  I feel like they could come up with some creative idea though to make more room.

Time to think vertically. Parking can be put into a parking lot.
Cooking can be done on level 2 of a building. Same with staff facilities.

Main St is supposed to be multiple stories high, why not actually make it that and go up.

I mean I know, cost ect but if my local car dealership can build a parking garage to store cars to be delivered or serviced that day, I'm sure Village could spend a little here and get back some space.

• Like 3

now that i remember it, what happened to that multi-level car park that was proposed a couple years back (maybe even recently)? did the locals win and have it canned.

I honestly think the main reason they won’t build a multi-level car park because of how ugly it would look when driving past with how the parks built, that’s if they didn’t do it right 

14 hours ago, Rivals said:

considering 95% of the time im pro-dreamworld and critical with the way village runs certain areas of their park, i’d say not

Forgive me, I should have known given your username and how many excuses you've made for them that you are critical of Village.

14 hours ago, Rivals said:

why would they place storage at the very back of the park, on the opposite side of where stuff is needed? parade floats ect are stored out near the JDSC building and are maintained within it, so keeping it on that side where it’s out of view for guests makes sense. 

Because that's what "storage" is... a place to put things when they aren't in use.

Besides - parade floats are stored out in the dirt behind Wild West (I can supply the nearmap images if you'd like). If you need a space to work on them, sure - but that doesn't have to be in a show building either.

12 hours ago, wikiverse said:

The area highlighted is used as crew parking for various productions at the studios.  When the studios have multiple productions happening at once, there are hundreds of cars that need to go somewhere. In 2022, Ticket to Paradise, Irreverent, Young Rock 2 and Nautilus were using every single building on the VRS lot. 

The buildings just under the highlighted area are Special Effects workshops, set construction buildings and other offices for production-essential companies. This would effectively proposing to split the studios in half.

While I agree that BOH areas should stay BOH and shouldn't interrupt attractions or guest flow through the park, the theme park support facilities also shouldn't occupy Studio space at the expense of the Productions.

To be clear the highlighted area just showed a lot of empty space. Several buildings could be constructed in that area without impeding access to other facilities on the other side. Parking can always be accommodated elsewhere for short term needs - as a matter of fact, there are MANY carparks within spitting distance, and most of those vehicles don't need to be onsite. 

The studio support buildings around the back end also contain (or did previously contain) theme park workshops as well for various support services and trades. It wouldn't be the first time the studios and the theme park facilities shared workspaces or were neighbours.

10 hours ago, REGIE said:

Stuff that isn’t used too frequently.

Yep - like the Sea World Carnivale floats, by the sounds of things.

7 hours ago, Rivals said:

now that i remember it, what happened to that multi-level car park that was proposed a couple years back (maybe even recently)? did the locals win and have it canned.

I honestly think the main reason they won’t build a multi-level car park because of how ugly it would look when driving past with how the parks built, that’s if they didn’t do it right 

It wasn't multi level, just offsite across Kopps road. it wouldn't have done much for these issues.

On 16/7/23 at 5:46 PM, Levithian said:

Where will you place it? Doesn't matter what it was in the past, it's what it is now. There's like 4 departments utilising the space. 

The maintenance building isn't big enough/tall enough for parade storage and everything that goes with it. It's a tiny building and isn't anywhere near as tall as the toons building. 

None of which would be in the space they could easily be elsewhere with some effort

As for it not being tall enough back in the day scooby was the gremlins ride with a 8m tall roof
Buildings can be changed and that space could be reworked if anyone cared enough

The entire back area behind west is just a mess of mish mash of crap which should have had a giant maintenance facility built a long time ago
I cant even see why ride rebuilds need to be done onsite anyway at all
The same for most of that storage taking up a perfectly good show building
If they stopped hanging onto decades old rubbish equipment and junk and stopped trying to re use stuff so they can save every buck possible on their entertainment offerings they wouldnt need all that space

• Like 1

On 17/07/2023 at 3:31 PM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

This is not part of the park area anymore. It is fenced off and part of WB studios. No direct access at all from the theme park. You can actually see the dividing fence from the overhead image you posted. And despite what lots of people think, the theme parks and the studios are two separate entities now. They don't share space and access is restricted, plus and they don't give up space from the studios. Simply because studios generates more actual income than the parks do. 

Want evidence of this? have a look where they created site access for the new area. Storage across the road and road access down a gravel driveway along the boundary fence and around past facilities instead of straight through any choice of 3 nice, paved entrances from studios. 

Edited by Levithian

Overall, I doubt Movie World will move storage around and replace it with attractions unfortunately, which means there is not much room to expand after the new coasters open up. There is only two areas I can see being used:

1. Former Marvin Rocket area

365574078_Myproject(1).thumb.png.a965001042cf765e4bf4c8404632a4e7.png

2. Seating area next to Road Runner

708162294_Myproject(2).thumb.png.b03bd2201180144af2c0e16640f7f4b1.png

Other than them I can't see another area that can be used, which means if something needed to be added outside Kids WB, something would need to go. IMO it seems that if it was to happen, Doomsday would most likely be the one to go due to its shit reliability. Most of the others wouldn't because:

• WWF got a refurb, so likely to stay, also a popular ride
  • Scooby getting a 2+ year refurb, so not going
  • Flash and WOO not going for obvious reasons
  • Superman not likely to go due to it being popular, a full retrack or replacement of the launch would be more likely
  • DCR most likely not going due to it being a popular ride, also one of the newest rides
  • JL most likely not going 
  • GL most likely not going due to it being a popular ride
  • Batwing most likely not going
Edited by TBoy

for the kids area both Speedy’s Taxi’s and Yosemite Sam Railroad could both be ripped out and be used for better attractions. Speedy’s has a better version of the ride next door and Yosemite Sam’s doesn’t really have a line ever. 

You could put 1-2 flats in the area occupied by the Taxi’s and maybe a small kid’s coaster in the Railroad’s spot (something like the new Skyline kiddie coasters going to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Over Georgia, both have a 90cm height requirement).

You could also put a flat ride or two in WoO down the road, something like a Nebulaz themed to the Tornado would be a great ride for the family.

14 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

What has been changed can be changed again.

There are plenty of alternatives. And as many have said, there are many things done onsite that don't need to be.

You're like a broken clock, only you're not right twice a day but completely useless instead.

You have absolutely no regard for reality. 

They could remove superman and reinstate the studio tour and movie magic stage show. What has been changed can be changed again right?

The reality is your idea is fundamentally flawed. Come up with a new one grounded in reality of not  being able to utilise any of studio grounds. 

I know. They could fill in the swamp and build on top. They do it for housing estates all the time....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rivals said:

Yosemite Sam’s doesn’t really have a line ever. 

You've clearly not been a parent with a child under 6. Every time we went near Sam Train, there was at least two cycles wait.

13 hours ago, Rivals said:

a small kid’s coaster in the Railroad’s spot

WBKids already has a coaster (although MW persists with keeping the height requirement artificially high for some reason), I honestly don't think Kids needs another coaster - what it needs is a solid attraction that can accommodate kids, but is suitable for adults to ride too (Let's be clear, Although Sam, and previously Tweety Cages could accommodate Adults, it really wasn't a pleasant experience). I'm thinking Dumbo, Casey Jr or Storybook land boats style attractions. This is why LTRR holds such strong memories for people - because that attraction was suitable for all ages. If you look at early versions of MW's kids land - you had LTRR, Speedy Taxis and Marvin. LTRR did some really heavy lifting, and since it's closure, nothing else has entirely picked up the slack. 

10 hours ago, Levithian said:

You have absolutely no regard for reality. 

They could remove superman and reinstate the studio tour and movie magic stage show. What has been changed can be changed again right?

The one issue with your ridiculous statement is that i've been advocating not losing attraction space to back of house tasks. Removing superman is obviously attraction space. I'm not arguing to return the park to it's prior state, i'm arguing for back of house facilities to stop taking over 'on stage' spaces, and return them to the stage.

10 hours ago, joz said:

Are we still on the land given over to studios being unchangable? Because that would in the grand scheme of things be really easy to change again. I mean security gatehouse for the studios used to be where the entrance to Rivals is/where GL's queue crosses the creek.

Exactly - nobody is out there telling Thor they can't take over an AOS horse paddock for set construction. It's one company. The very idea that somehow all of the facilities within the studio precinct are somehow sacred, immoveable and untouchable is horseshit. (The sound stages are very much unlikely to move, but the support facilities and other premises aren't as hard)

4 hours ago, REGIE said:

What is this place at the back of dc rivals station? It’s got it’s own plaza and weird statue and everything.

AAC7ECEF-F979-48A9-85C3-68C95D8FFF5C.jpeg

I've always known it as 'Spielberg's shack' and I believe he has occupied it at one time. It was an editing suite for a while IIRC. According to the studio siteplan, that building is currently used by PROXi VR.

What you can ALSO see on this siteplan is that some of the buildings are "Movie World Buildings" (white) and are very closely connected to studio buildings (green):

image.thumb.png.b901bba0a5916d0e336c25bfd5352d59.pngimage.png.b579efc8557c566757cb71105dddb1be.png

(The surfrider surfboard has been stored out near one of these buildings for several years)

On 20/7/2023 at 9:04 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

You've clearly not been a parent with a child under 6. Every time we went near Sam Train, there was at least two cycles wait.

It also doesn't help that it's a pain to operate, and the ropes that are used are so fiddly that it greatly increases the load / unload time of the ride haha. Was prob my least favourite kids ride to operate in the park. Tweety and Pounce and Bounce were the 2 best IMO