The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

6 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

We still have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

hence why i called it stupid💋

slapping “worlds / southern hemisphere first” on a ride makes it more marketable to the GP (as they aren’t going to read into it) no one understands why they need to do it on every announcement.

39 minutes ago, Rivals said:

slapping “worlds / southern hemisphere first” on a ride makes it more marketable to the GP (as they aren’t going to read into it) no one understands why they need to do it on every announcement.

They did this for DC Rivals where they labelled it as 'The greatest attraction the Southern Hemisphere has ever seen', which there is an argument for, but Leviathan they label as 'World’s most iconic wooden rollercoaster', which is a very brave and bold statement to make

8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Village Marketing has no meaning anymore.

Truer words have not been spoken... I'm half expecting Village to start marketing fire sensing eyes, that make the cars reverse back as one of the new experiences for "Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster Next Generation 2.0 - The worlds first wild mouse themed to a cartoon dog as part of the world class Spooky Island Precinct!" Coming soon to Village Roadshow Movie World.

BRB applying for a marketing job with VRTP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

Not sure when it was changed but the website has been updated to simply say 'Coming Soon' instead of 'April, 2024'. 

Village projects are cursed.

It feels like it's a marketing ploy to trick interstate travelers in thinking it will opening during Christmas holidays.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

On 20/12/2023 at 12:15 PM, Guest 239 said:

Not sure when it was changed but the website has been updated to simply say 'Coming Soon' instead of 'April, 2024'. 

Village projects are cursed.

Village projects aren’t cursed, they just need to learn to stop prematurely putting a date on things… DW’s approach over the past few projects is the perfect example of managing the opening of a new attraction. Benefits with both the consumer expectation and assists with the operational transition. 

3 hours ago, Levram__ said:

Village projects aren’t cursed, they just need to learn to stop prematurely putting a date on things… DW’s approach over the past few projects is the perfect example of managing the opening of a new attraction. Benefits with both the consumer expectation and assists with the operational transition. 

"Past few"

Yeah sure two of their biggest post-2016 additions have been delivered years after their original opening timeline. This isn't even discounting stuff like giant drop's renovation which was pushed back consistently as well. Bit of a recency bias showing here.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Cam someone explain to me, what @Baconjackis saying.

Will explain again:

Sky voyager - delayed multiple times and opened nine months after expected timeline

Steel taipan - delayed and opened a year after expected timeline (You could blame Covid for this one but no one was for New Atlantis)

Giant Drop renovation - delayed a few times (from memory was meant to be completed end of 2022 could be wrong though)

Years is a bit of a stretch from me but the point still stands regardless. If we’re taking the piss out of village for failing to stick to timelines (rightfully so) then it’s only fair to point out this is standard practice for parks on the coast even if we finally got some rides open on time for once.

Edited by Baconjack

On 2/12/2023 at 9:51 AM, Rivals said:

Flash’s LSM’s have now all been installed, i wonder when we’ll see the train on the track.

What are our thoughts before the train is added? New seats / train? Or just the old one? I’m staying optimistic, but judging from what we have seen, I think we will unfortunately get the old flame surfboard. 

On 28/12/2023 at 10:11 AM, Brods said:

What are our thoughts before the train is added? New seats / train? Or just the old one? I’m staying optimistic, but judging from what we have seen, I think we will unfortunately get the old flame surfboard. 

I'm 90% expecting it to be the old one, but you never know... you can do it, VRTP!

• Like 2