Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

45 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

I know green lantern has unique trains that holds more people than the other El Locos so maybe this comes with more issues and prolonged maintenance. 

From mere anecdotal evidence, it appears the other El Locos are more reliable. I think it's a safe bet the train would be a factor as the increased payload puts greater stress on the track, its braking systems and the supports. Naturally, this would've required some tailoring of those systems, but it's the only El Loco with the four-across setup, so S&S were in uncharted territory during the design phase of the ride. I speculate, but don't know, that there's more to it than just that, though.

28 minutes ago, TBoy said:

There isn't much thrill coasters you could add with the space unfortunately.

@Dean Barnett already put forward the 4D Free Spin and Sky Rocket II, either of which I think would work. Just saying though, the Raptor clones take up about 1,900 m2, while GL takes up about 1,700 m2. Different shape (the Raptors are a longer, skinnier rectangle) but, with some creative crossover moments, I'd say it'd be doable.  There's also some limited usable space adjacent to GL where the stream is.

1 hour ago, STRAWS said:

Maybe but it gets good ques for it and positive feedback. 

Provided it's operating, and that's a rarity in and of itself, it doesn't exactly pump through at high capacity, so that does bloat the queue line considerably. It's maybe the fourth- or fifth-most popular ride at the park, I'd say, and I don't think it would be a great loss were it to be replaced with something better (functional).

weren’t they supposedly looking at a RMC raptor for the AA plot of land before they settled on WoO? i feel like a WWGL / Railblazer style of Raptor could easily fit there, with the station near the DCR viewing area and the lift hill going towards the entry bridge into the park. with 3 trains and a continuous loading station it would work well.

Considering Flash is opening this year, i don’t know how much sense a SRII would make in the park. an S&S 4D Freespin would make more sense.

Edited by Rivals

3 hours ago, Rivals said:

weren’t they supposedly looking at a RMC raptor for the AA plot of land before they settled on WoO? i feel like a WWGL / Railblazer style of Raptor could easily fit there, with the station near the DCR viewing area and the lift hill going towards the entry bridge into the park. with 3 trains and a continuous loading station it would work well.

Considering Flash is opening this year, i don’t know how much sense a SRII would make in the park. an S&S 4D Freespin would make more sense.

Seeing as Green Lantern (the problematic coaster that, hypothetically, is in need of replacing) is an S&S, they probably wouldn’t want replace it with another S&S. What I said earlier was referring to a Raptor clone, as they’re probably the only likely model that could fit in that plot & be an appealing purchase to VRTP, but they too have their own set of operational problems. It’d be nice to have a coaster there, but if GL were to close it mightn’t be given a direct replacement in the same plot of land.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

I love the idea of a 4d free spin in Australia but the likelihood that village buys something from s&s again is pretty much zero

Obviously doomsday is on its last legs and we don’t know how long showcase will be open for. I’d say any green lantern replacement uses that combined plot of land as it’s quite a significant space for a coaster. There’s more than adequate space at green lantern for a flat ride there though, you could easily plop vortex or something else there down the track

Edited by Baconjack

I will also tell you right now Village will not work with S+S again after all the issues they have had with Green Lantern. Even Batwing had lots of issues when it first opened up. As much as I'd love a free spin and I think it would be a great replacement, I don't see it happening. The only way it "might" happen would be S+S giving them a very big discount due to all the issues it's had but I doubt it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I will also tell you right now Village will not work with S+S again after all the issues they have had with Green Lantern. Even Batwing had lots of issues when it first opened up. As much as I'd love a free spin and I think it would be a great replacement, I don't see it happening. The only way it "might" happen would be S+S giving them a very big discount due to all the issues it's had but I doubt it.

So no screamin swing then ? ☹

14 hours ago, Tricoart said:

but they too have their own set of operational problems

The tradeoff for the prototype models' extreme intensity was excessive strain on the tracks, which caused the reliability issues. The newer models (i.e. Jersey Devil at SFGA) are tamer by virtue of the element profiling and the increased train length (which also increases throughput per-hour). However, their profiles take up a lot more space. A custom, compact layout with the new trains is fully plausible.

3 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Obviously doomsday is on its last legs and we don’t know how long showcase will be open for.

Neither Doomsday nor GL or on their "last legs" per se. Village could keep them both going for a while; it's simply a case of whether the operational costs are worth the effort. In the former's case, probably not; it's a pretty unpopular ride at the best of times, and they could've made a much better effort with making the area worthwhile to spend time in.

As for tearing down the Showcase building and plonking a coaster down there, sorry, but that's a stupid idea. There's better ways to utilise the structure, yes, but it's not being removed, probably ever. They could hearken back to the days when it was used for live shows, put a properly-themed walk-through attraction there, possibly even a small theatre/dark ride. But tearing it down? Mate, that's something strange you're smoking.

3 hours ago, Baconjack said:

you could easily plop vortex or something else there down the track

So you remove one unreliable ride, then replace it with a relocation of another equally unreliable ride? At first, I thought it was the green stuff you're on, but clearly you're more hardcore than I thought.

VRTP would have to be pretty pissed that two newer rides are performing so badly. For a park with an already fairly small inventory, that's gotta really hurt. They would have planned to get many many more years out of them 

Edited by GoGoBoy

5 hours ago, CR4ZE said:

Neither Doomsday nor GL or on their "last legs" per se. Village could keep them both going for a while; it's simply a case of whether the operational costs are worth the effort. In the former's case, probably not; it's a pretty unpopular ride at the best of times, and they could've made a much better effort with making the area worthwhile to spend time in.

I'd say Doomsday is on its last legs, given it can not operate the way it's meant to without being even more of a problem than it is. I'd say Green Lantern's days are numbered as well, but not to the extent of Doomsday. I'd say once Scooby, WOO and Flash opens, they will look at a replacement for Doomsday that will take up that space and the space that the Showcase takes up as that will be able to connect the western area to the Wizard of Oz / Superman area quite nicely. Once that is done, I'd say Green Lantern or maybe Superman will be the next ride to go. I only say Superman because the Hydraulic Launch coasters are harder to get parts. 

Really I'd say Doomsday has 2 - 3 years tops (maybe even less) and Green Lantern has 3-5 years left in her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

I'd say Doomsday is on its last legs, given it can not operate the way it's meant to without being even more of a problem than it is. I'd say Green Lantern's days are numbered as well, but not to the extent of Doomsday. I'd say once Scooby, WOO and Flash opens, they will look at a replacement for Doomsday that will take up that space and the space that the Showcase takes up as that will be able to connect the western area to the Wizard of Oz / Superman area quite nicely. Once that is done, I'd say Green Lantern or maybe Superman will be the next ride to go. I only say Superman because the Hydraulic Launch coasters are harder to get parts. 

Really I'd say Doomsday has 2 - 3 years tops (maybe even less) and Green Lantern has 3-5 years left in her.

Let's just say they did get rid of the Green Lantern ride Is the next ride they put in going to be themed Green Lantern or would they change it? theoretical question what do you guys think.

Edited by STRAWS

19 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

Let's just say they did get rid of the Green Lantern ride Is the next ride they put in going to be themed Green Lantern or would they change it? theoretical question what do you guys think.

They wouldn't build another ride themed to a ride they just replaced. That would just be silly

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

Maybe a Wonder Woman theme if they get an RMC Raptor like the Six Flags parks?

53 minutes ago, Spotty said:

They wouldn't build another ride themed to a ride they just replaced. That would just be silly

It seems that way, but they can easily relaunch it Like I know it's not the same but Tower of Terror and TO2 they just modify the name but a different ride. 

34 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Maybe a Wonder Woman theme if they get an RMC Raptor like the Six Flags parks?

Wonder Woman, Catwoman, or they could reuse the plan they had for WoO & have it be Joker (especially since it’d assumedly still be located opposite Batwing, it’d lend to much more cohesion & a chance to make that pathway actually have a decent theme by starting with Joker to the left & Batman to the right, then Justice League slightly ahead, and ending with Rivals as a culmination)

Edited by Tricoart

20 hours ago, CR4ZE said:

As for tearing down the Showcase building and plonking a coaster down there, sorry, but that's a stupid idea. There's better ways to utilise the structure, yes, but it's not being removed, probably ever. They could hearken back to the days when it was used for live shows, put a properly-themed walk-through attraction there, possibly even a small theatre/dark ride. But tearing it down? Mate, that's something strange you're smoking.

How is doomsday not on its last legs? It is barely open, and when it is, it runs at a third of its power because if it doesn't it shits itself. Once flash & wizard of oz open and scooby re opens that thing is for sure gone, with the strip down and repaint deadline quickly approaching. Only reason they are keeping it around now is to keep the ride count up while other things around the park are being built or renovated.

Lantern is time limited as well. I think it lasts a little longer than 3-5 years, I'd say it goes either shortly before or shortly after the next major gets built in 6-7 years time. As for superman I think village will be looking very closely at how the two LSM conversions go, if they are reliable i think it's more likely it gets that revamp over being removed altogether.

As for the showcase building the park has no room to expand so at the end of the day they'll use whatever space is available. The land doomsday & showcase occupy lend themselves well to a major wild west coaster to complement West, and any non superhero ride is always a plus. Lantern's plot is too small as it stands and doesn't allow for much. As for the other attractions you mention:

Walkthrough? The old intencity building exists (you know where there used to be one)

Dark ride? Justice league (and the junior driving school building exists too), you can arguably fit scooby in this category while you're there.

Show/theatre? Stunt driver and roxy already fill that need

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aw hype said:

Sorry to interject, but what were the original plans?

Don’t remember where I heard it, but I someone mentioned last year that Arkham’s replacement was planned to be themed as ‘Joker’s Madhouse’, so that it’d be more of a spiritual successor to Arkham than WoO. I’ll see if I can find it.

Edit:

On 19/7/2022 at 1:58 AM, Baconjack said:

The 3 coasters will get a wizard of oz theme, a change which was made from DC only relatively recently.

My same source tells me the models of the coasters themselves have not changed, so what we’re getting is a reskin of the previous joker’s madhouse concept that the coasters were supposed to be themed to.

On 31/8/2022 at 6:24 PM, Baconjack said:

Wizard of Oz was meant to be a Joker's Madhouse themed Raptor - custom layout, etc, before they went with the family coasters.

So either it was gonna be a Joker’s Madhouse raptor, or a Joker’s Madhouse theme for the 3 coasters that we’re still getting. Either way, they’ve at least had 2 separate plans for a new ‘Joker’s Madhouse’ themed ride/s & for an RMC Raptor. So, if GL’s really on the chopping block, digging up those plans & doing as such is probably the best use that plot could get.

That said, I think Doomsday’s are numbered much more than GL’s are, & maybe they chuck a Joker-themed thing there instead (hopefully not, though).

Edited by Tricoart