Motocoaster Future

daltma10

Not sure if there is already a thread like this but do you think they will incorporate Motocoaster into Rivertown? If so, some possible ideas on what they could do and hopefully at minimal cost. I’ve put some ideas here, just a track recolour, Quad trains, one piece of theming (an Aztec/Mayan gate over a portion of ride) and recolour of the shades on the launch and queue. It’s a rough job done on my phone, but hopefully brings an idea.

Do you think they will do anything with this ride to bring into the theme of Rivertown or Gold Rush, or just wait until it’s retirement?

IMG_7307.jpeg

IMG_7308.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

IMG_7306.jpeg

• Like 2

i have a feeling that possibly they didn’t incorporate it into rivertown because they already have plans for the ride, whether that’s it’s retirement, a refurb, who knows. but i feel like if it was planned to stay, it would’ve been included into rivertown and it’s initial announcement. 

If the ride is retiring. i think they should replace it with a GCI woodie that goes right up against the river. even though Jungle Rush will have airtime it’ll most likely be more about the twists and turns, they need a ride that focuses mostly on airtime.

Edited by Rivals

I agree that motocoaster has reached its life span.  Considering it’s a prototype it’s lasted fairly well but I think the park can do better now,  like @Rivalssaid imo they would’ve announced its refurb if it was getting one along with everything else in the area.   I think your right, a GCI is a great idea and would complement the line up nicely .  Though I do feel like dreamworld may not want the heavy maintenance that a woodie brings.   I feel like they would be more inclined to go one of those wooden coasters with steel supports. I know gravity group does them. Not sure about GCI

On 30/10/2023 at 9:17 PM, Rivals said:

i have a feeling that possibly they didn’t incorporate it into rivertown because they already have plans for the ride, whether that’s it’s retirement, a refurb, who knows. but i feel like if it was planned to stay, it would’ve been included into rivertown and it’s initial announcement. 

If the ride is retiring. i think they should replace it with a GCI woodie that goes right up against the river. even though Jungle Rush will have airtime it’ll most likely be more about the twists and turns, they need a ride that focuses mostly on airtime.

Rivertown is still over a year off opening. We might see something in the half year announcements (and when maintenance dates are posted for next year) pertaining to Motocoaster potentially to make it better fit into Rivertown because they can't keep it under the generic theme for too much longer. A reminder that they didn't announce Gold Coaster's retheme until it was just starting to get underway. Could easily have the ride go down from August/September and then re-open with vintage cars & jungle rush.

Keep the motorbike concept but put new fibreglass bodies to make them look like dirt bikes, repaint of track & supports & retheme of the station like gold coaster. Replacing it is a waste of time & money the ride is perfectly functional and there's ample space for new attractions to go in (which will be the priority for any capex in the future)

Edited by Baconjack

18 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Rivertown is still over a year off opening. We might see something in the half year announcements (and when maintenance dates are posted for next year) pertaining to Motocoaster potentially to make it better fit into Rivertown because they can't keep it under the generic theme for too much longer. A reminder that they didn't announce Gold Coaster's retheme until it was just starting to get underway. Could easily have the ride go down from August/September and then re-open with vintage cars & jungle rush.

Keep the motorbike concept but put new fibreglass bodies to make them look like dirt bikes, repaint of track & supports & retheme of the station like gold coaster. Replacing it is a waste of time & money the ride is perfectly functional and there's ample space for new attractions to go in (which will be the priority for any capex in the future)

All absolutely good points. 

They may also want to do something with it but aren't able to allocate the funds to it yet. If they have a good summer, or their mid-year review shows a better than expected result, they may be able to allocate additional funds to a retheme. This may be why gold coaster was such a short notice period - they may not have known it was able to fit in the budget until the last minute. 

I agree this ride needs change (not removal) but with so much going on across the entire park - Tiger Island redevelopment, Rivertown, extensions to Ocean Parade, the Flyer in Main Street, the ongoing works in 'Dreamland' and  the recent work on GD and the Train, if you add that to the retheme of Gold Coaster, install of Taipan, the removal of log ride, TOT, Wipeout and Buzzsaw, there is very little of the pre-TRRR park (outside of the wildlife area) that remains untouched. It's clear they're working their way down the list, so i'm happy to be patient.

• Like 1