New Roxy Theatre 4D Show coming to Movie World in 2024

52 minutes ago, themagician said:

Based off the catalogue of movies avaiable in the link below, I suspect it will DC League of Super Pets

https://simex-iwerks.com/shows/see-all-top-4d-experiences/

I would say you're definitely on to something there. If I recall, SW already had Lego & MW already did Yogi I think. What really scares me though is Wizard of Oz is available on that list. It is highly plausible that they would do something stupid like put the Wizard of Oz 4D Experience on to go with the new land.

Looney Tunes may not be a terrible option though and Speed Racer makes appearances at Hooray For Hollywood so they could potentially add it for something different? 

I would definitely be hoping for Super Pets though but I really hope they try and theme it well. I miss the Shrek Experience. I thought it was really well done.

16 minutes ago, Levram__ said:

Tom and Jerry 4D Experience. The introduction of the characters in park proved to be a success. They are classic and the humor resonates with a very broad demographic. Because of this same reason Looney Tunes 4D was very popular with guests also. 

I would love this, but I doubt it when Tom and Jerry are no longer daily appearing characters despite what the website says.

Haven’t heard anything but think DC Superpets is most likely.

• Like 1

Again if they'd opened up chinatown alley as part of the Oz experience, it'd actually be a great tie-in. 

Considering the old photo shop looks to be in a holding pattern I reckon we're gonna see some big things in there come Oz, so Roxy running it might be a cool nod too - especially in the lead up to opening.... a great way to get kids on-side with the storyline as I can't imagine many kids these days have seen a film made in 1939.

I think the main reason this would happen is if (or, maybe, when) either WoO is delayed, or they anticipate that it won’t meet expectations. If neither occur, having a completely new land with ample included storytelling and shops should be enough movie representation without having a Main St store & Roxy Theatre tied to it too.

Edited by Tricoart

I wouldn’t mind if they showed Wizard of Oz 4D a limited time movie as a celebration of the land opening. Maybe it could be shown during Horray for Hollywood as that now runs during the summer holidays. And a nice tie in as the event is supposed to be all about nostalgia.

But otherwise I think the DC Super League Pets or another Looney Tunes movie would be a good fit. The Roadrunner movie they showed has been my favourite one they’ve done since Shrek 

Just to add another thought: Roxy is really the only 'family' ride at the park that is suitable for all ages and body types. It should definitely have some more effort (and money) thrown at it, because it is starting to look a little dated. I'd personally support money spent on this over another roller coaster.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

23 hours ago, BNErider said:

It should definitely have some more effort (and money) thrown at it, because it is starting to look a little dated. I'd personally support money spent on this over another roller coaster.

I'd love this to happen (it certainly needs to), but in a park that's currently cutting costs like crazy and can't be bothered maintaining basic things like facades, signage, theming elements, effects on rides and even background music, I really don't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately. The whole park needs lots of effort and money thrown at it really.  

18 hours ago, Jason Read said:

I'd love this to happen (it certainly needs to), but in a park that's currently cutting costs like crazy and can't be bothered maintaining basic things like facades, signage, theming elements, effects on rides and even background music, I really don't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately. The whole park needs lots of effort and money thrown at it really.  

Woz is BGH's big investment. There's been no motivation to spruce the park up to now because they weren't ready to sell yet - they hadn't done enough to make a profit from it.

In the next 12-18 months, I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of effort made to fix that (hopefully including Roxy).

They're going to be in a position to sell and they can't sell WOZ if the rest of the place looks like dogshit. 

Things I would do:

• Reintroduce a pre-show to Roxy - similar to Shrek where it actually introduces the story, rather than just having it a dark holding area for the next group of guests. Use it for something. Upgrading or replacing the seats in theatre would be nice, but not essential if they're still functioning.
  • Get all the shuttered facilities online - Stars Cafe, West Burgers etc.
  • Return Showcase to a proper Show to take some load off attractions and offer something else when maintenance or downtime impacts the park's capacity.
  • Turn Doomsday area around and chuck in a few small flats. Honestly even a 'scrambler' style ride, (suitably themed of course) would be preferable to having Doomsday sit and rot. (Longer term i'd see SVU rethemed back to western but for now the cheapest thing is to keep current theme and get a new ride - or two - in to replace the hammer). You could probably fit two small 'scrambler' sized attractions in that footprint.
  • Ditch HWSD and Showtime in favour of a show that is more than just 'driving in circles, the show'
  • Return intencity to guest accessible space. restore dodgems (ick) or utilise the space for other purposes - something i'd love to see is perhaps a mini "special effects" show (done more like convention stalls rather than an actual 'show' where one stall has a green screen, one has a Mo-Cap set up. (There's more to flesh out on this idea which maybe i'll write if i find the time)
  • Flesh out kids a bit more. Use the other side of LTRR shed for some sort of dark ride, or an ariel's grotto style area. Again, returning previously guest accessible space back to the guests.
  • Open Chinatown. Theme it to Yellow Brick road. Before anyone says they've already got a yellow brick road next to superman, there is more than one road.
    Which way do we go on the YBR? | Along The Yellow Brick Road

And the majority of Oz were matte paintings, so get some talented artists in to paint the walls of the alley and boom, immersive Oz Yellow Brick Road. 
You could even have the artwork progress, cornfields, apple tree forests, poppy fields before you round the corner and the big emerald city is revealed...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Reintroduce a pre-show to Roxy - similar to Shrek where it actually introduces the story, rather than just having it a dark holding area for the next group of guests. Use it for something. Upgrading or replacing the seats in theatre would be nice, but not essential if they're still functioning.

The question is do the Simex-Iworks films come with pre-shows? It could be that there is no pre-show provided, just the main ride so you cannot really fix that.

You could do more than just a few lightbox posters of the movie. 

Have the cast member appear like a storyteller, reading from a storybook - once upon a time... establish the characters, get some audience participation (anyone remember A FLOGGING!)

If you have the licence for the characters (like Tom and Jerry for example) perhaps you could show shorts or an earlier episode of the characters to establish their background for anyone who is unfamiliar with the characters? even a 60 second montage of character establishment?

Hell, if I can think of it, surely it can't be that hard to achieve these sorts of things?

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

You could do more than just a few lightbox posters of the movie. 

Have the cast member appear like a storyteller, reading from a storybook - once upon a time... establish the characters, get some audience participation (anyone remember A FLOGGING!)

Thank you for the PTSD haha. Many a day of reciting that script, along with the one for Journey in my memories... 

For that you shall be punished with the following:

A hour on the rack, 12 days in the brink, a fortnight in the iron maiden, 30 days of non stop reality television and... another flogging.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Thank you for the PTSD haha. Many a day of reciting that script, along with the one for Journey in my memories... 

A hour on the rack, 12 days in the brink, a fortnight in the iron maiden, 30 days of non stop reality television and... another flogging.

The good old days.

On 22/3/2024 at 4:50 PM, Spotty said:

Baha yep I remember presenting that one too! Fun times!

On 22/03/2024 at 3:19 PM, aaronm said:

All good suggestions which require the park to do more than the absolute bare minimum which is sadly beyond their capability these days.

I think you missed the part where I said:

On 22/03/2024 at 7:57 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

There's been no motivation to spruce the park up to now because they weren't ready to sell yet - they hadn't done enough to make a profit from it.

In the next 12-18 months, I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of effort made to fix that (hopefully including Roxy).

They're going to be in a position to sell and they can't sell WOZ if the rest of the place looks like dogshit. 

What Can

On 22/03/2024 at 4:50 PM, Spotty said:

Thank you for the PTSD haha. 

I Say

On 22/03/2024 at 4:56 PM, New display name said:

The good old days.

Except

On 22/03/2024 at 10:37 PM, Ogre said:

You just unearthed some very deep memories of mine haha

You're Welcome!