The Off Topic Topic

Jamberoo should be ranked a bit lower.

But WHY?? In my opinion Jamberoo is easily in the Top 10 Amusement/Theme Parks in Australia. You give opinions without backing it up.

Jamberoo, outside of Wet N"Wild Sydney , Gold Coast and perhaps WWW, is easily the next best water park in the country. Even if you, hypothetically, put the Gold coast parks first (1-5) and then Wet and Wild Sydney (6) and the Adventure World( 7) Aussie World (8) it easily beats both Luna Parks ( and these are 2 fun parks I love) to get into the Top 10. It has a good range of slides, 2 fantastic toboggans, large grounds, and plans for future expansion. It is superior to the rest of the aforementioned parks in Australia by a long shot. Again, why would you put it lower or NOT in the Top 10?

Just because one hasn't heard of the park before, it doesn't mean it isn't entitled to the ranking given... because others have certainly heard of it.

I think Jobe's got a very good order there - let the debate begin on the "top 5" order though...

Let's remember that anyone can log onto buzz and create their own list - there's no editor reviewing what they put together, and I get the feeling the author is either in the south or the west of the country and clearly not as familiar with NSW or QLD properties.

Given my limited exposure to all the Aussie parks, I'd have to go with

1 - Dreamworld - Sure it's got its faults, but it's really the only park on the coast that I'd consider to be a "full day" park (or a least a most-day park)

2 - Movieworld - A very close second, but lacking a few rides (not trying to start a debate on what it needs etc - it's just not a full day park)

3 - Sea World - A great "different" experience themepark wise. Haven't been since Storm opened though.

4 - WnW - Still the winner as far as water parks go

5 - WWW - A distant follower to WnW that started with so much promise then just seemed to fade into obscurity.

Haven't been to enough other parks in Australia to judge any more.

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

Given my limited exposure to all the Aussie parks, I'd have to go with

1 - Dreamworld - Sure it's got its faults, but it's really the only park on the coast that I'd consider to be a "full day" park (or a least a most-day park)

2 - Movieworld - A very close second, but lacking a few rides (not trying to start a debate on what it needs etc - it's just not a full day park)

3 - Sea World - A great "different" experience themepark wise. Haven't been since Storm opened though.

4 - WnW - Still the winner as far as water parks go

5 - WWW - A distant follower to WnW that started with so much promise then just seemed to fade into obscurity.

Haven't been to enough other parks in Australia to judge any more.

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

I'd have WnW at 2 for the same reasons you talk about. I think it is the next closest to being a full day park.

My top 5 would be:

1.Movie World - for its theming, roller coasters and character meet and greets.

2.Sea World - great family park, plenty of shows to see and rides to do.

3.Dreamworld - awesome selection of attractions to go on and the Tiger show to watch.

4.Adventure World - The Abyss, Freefall and lots of water slides.

5.Luna Park Melbourne - Great Scenic Railway.

More news on the Iaapa Trade show from TPR:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=189&linkid=14456

The Joker animatronic looks great - hopefully they'll update our JL at some stage.

More news on the Iaapa Trade show from TPR:

The Joker animatronic looks great - hopefully they'll update our JL at some stage.

I actually hope they don't. Technical issues aside, I think our Justice League ride is just fine as it is. The story is original, and for once the villins aren't the same old Joker or Lex Luthor.

I actually hope they don't. Technical issues aside, I think our Justice League ride is just fine as it is. The story is original, and for once the villins aren't the same old Joker or Lex Luthor.

I agree. JL is a wonderful ride that could improved by a little TLC here and there, just like any ride.

JL is a pretty cool ride, although I thought the finale could have been more substantial. I rode it recently and didn't really notice all of the problems it supposedly has. MW certainly needs more rides like JL.

I still think that Joker animatronic looks great.

I definitely think JL deserves its place on TPI's top ten shooter list:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201411/4296/

• rappa locked this topic