Looney Toons River Ride closed

Derwan

Chances of that happening? Zero to none Barring some sort of one off Halloween production to absorb crowds mw won't put the resources into a live stage show that will show everyday. Its a big space that's going to waste, but long gone are the days of special effects shows and quality theatre on our parks. The VIP pass has created a new kind of parkgoer - the bogan family. Make it loud, make it screech and make sure there's an explosion. Mw are not going to create anything spectacular for that space within the next 5 years. I would be the first person in line to see a good quality show, but its not going to happen.

Level it. Pour a concrete slab on the same angle and then the shooter can use all that space and different levels.

If you are going to do that, it would in fact be cheaper to just chuck up a throw n go industrial shed like so: 110-1002_IMG.jpg This means it can be built for purpose, and wont have the imposition of higher installation and running costs of a ride system with inclines. What you are proposing is costly and impractical. Edited by Gazza

Ripped off? Not good? Have you guys seen the level of detail in both the external building and inside the ride? And the animatronics are amazing! Please someone correct me but I'm pretty sure thats the price tag. I mean again world of color is up around the 100 mil mark too As for shows, I don't know, next door they are running a show in a venue with some of the most state of the art gear in te country. The company is definately still in the business of high production values.

• 2 weeks later...

@aussienetman you are so right about the VIP passes, MW keeps gettin bogans in every day :( I think 100 mil would be overspending - MW could refurb the old animatronics for a fraction of the cost of that, plus rebuild the whole ride for under that IMHO. Then again, if they decided to rip out the LTRR and spend $10 mil on another theme license (such as Ben10) they would have to repaint their fiberglass boats to Ben10 or whatever theme they bought the licence to use. That could be done under the $100 mil mark as well. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking that both Movie World and Sea World have a number of major ride closures at the moment including Bermuda and Looney Tunes. On top of this, as far as the general public is concerned, there are no new rides about to open. Meanwhile DW has opened a new ride and is making big progress on their second ride. This makes me think that DW finally has a bit of a leg-up and would surely be selling lots more passes than the Village parks at the moment. I'm just surprised that Village let this happen. We all know that whatever Village ends up adding to their parks will likely surpass DW in terms of quality and scale... but they better hurry up and get on with it!

I don't really know if movieworld quality really wins over quantity at Dreamworld to the general public. I have noticed that many people vote their favourite parks in this order. Dreamworld, Movieworld, Wet 'N' Wil, Sea World. Also if village are going to actually make an announcement this month like they said they better hurry up and do it because the month is almost over.

• 4 weeks later...

As per my note in the Bermuda Triangle thread,at the moment, there are no immediate plans for replacements for Bermuda Triangle and Looney Tunes River Ride. VRTP want to focus on the new Nick contract at Sea World and the new car park attraction at Movie World. In my opinion, I have some faith in what they are doing. The River Ride was showing it's age. Could they have kept it open? Probably yes. But would the quality of the ride have detracted from your whole day experience at Movie World. Probably yes. I think 2012 will see big things for these water rides. Will they get a discount if they buy 2 from the same manufacturer? Nathan

As per my note in the Bermuda Triangle thread,at the moment, there are no immediate plans for replacements for Bermuda Triangle and Looney Tunes River Ride. VRTP want to focus on the new Nick contract at Sea World and the new car park attraction at Movie World. In my opinion, I have some faith in what they are doing. The River Ride was showing it's age. Could they have kept it open? Probably yes. But would the quality of the ride have detracted from your whole day experience at Movie World. Probably yes. I think 2012 will see big things for these water rides. Will they get a discount if they buy 2 from the same manufacturer? Nathan

It now says on the Movie World website "The LOONEY TUNES River Ride is permanently closed to make way for an exciting new attraction." So I think its gone for good.

It now says on the Movie World website "The LOONEY TUNES River Ride is permanently closed to make way for an exciting new attraction." So I think its gone for good.

I'm going to agree with you. MW still has the boats though, so they must be planning on doing something with/to them. The day after Bermuda closed up for good I went to SW and they had at least one ride boat as part of the theming. Now it's all boarded up. Just as a note: has the volcano been removed or is it still there?

Sorry, I can see how yiu could mis read what I posted. When I said there were no immediate plans for replacements I meant that both these rides are indeed closed for good, VRTP are not planning on replacing them any time soon. Hope this clears this up.

It certainly does, thanks for the reply. I think IMHO it's a sad waste to see these rides left to rot as is (especially Bermuda - it's a sad memory of a ride that could have been a great one with constant maintenance) or leaving the building just standing as is - it's a waste of space IMHO.