Bermuda Triangle is officially closed... Now what?

reginaphalange

You never know they may make a 'Bermuda Triangle 2' and relaunch it like the Tower Of Terror. They are both iconic rides and Bermuda Triangle's opening in 1994 did cause Sea World to have record attendance compared to when it was 'Lassiter's Lost Mine' which used the same ride system. Bermuda Triangle is my favourite ride so far even though I didn't ride it in it's full glory and i will sorely miss it.

Bermuda's Lost Mine

• 4 weeks later...

From http://myfun.com.au/big3/ :

Look out for another exciting announcement this August. This year is going to be BIG. Like us on Facebook for updates!

Also, an article in the Gold Coast Bulletin yesterday stated that both Movie World and Sea World would be getting new rides by the end of the year. If nothing has happened on the outside of the ride, I wonder if something is happening on the inside... Edited by themeparkgc

Sorry about the link. It should be fixed now (the colon I put just after the URL got concatenated with it causing it to break). The mention about the rides was made in the following Gold Coast Bulletin article. There are numerous things you could pick apart with this article ("Roadshow Village Theme Parks", Shockwave is a roller coaster etc) so it may very well be attractions not rides. post-2117-0-33788900-1309070440_thumb.jp

Nope that clearly says 2 rides for SW and MW, let's see what eventuates! See this is one thing I hate about the Bulletin. I searched there site and found nothing! All that came up was a tiny blurb about Shockwave, you can never find anything on there! Funnily enough the News section of the MW page is 404, strange.

Edited by djrappa

Movieworld: July

• [*]Experience MotoMonster Xtreme at Warner Bros. Movie World until July 18 [*]Look out for an exciting announcement this July. Like us on Facebook for updates!
    • [*]Castaway Bay - open and ready to conquer [*]Jet Rescue - catch the thrills now! [*]Look out for another exciting announcement this August. This year is going to be BIG. Like us on Facebook for updates!

Not much happening at the Bermuda site. Some temporary fencing around the site but that looks about it. On another note, not sure how long they have been there, but there are four shipping containers sitting out the front of Seaworld at the moment. Has anyone else seen theses?

Edited by Troy81

Like themeparkgc said there might be no action where guests can see, but the interior scenes may be gone. The whole ride interior could be gutted for all we know. Can't wait to see what's,next for sraworld. Zendorphin claimed on facebook today the,new ride will be put in the space where the pirate ship was. So maybe something else is on store for the Bermuda triangle space.

Also like DJrappa tried to mention earlier the use of the word "Attractions" or "Attraction" doesn't necessarily mean its going to be a ride. A attraction can be: Ride Enclosure Exhibit Show Pay per play Attraction Interactive Experience Eg a fountain area (Looney Tunes Splash Zone) It could be ANYTHING looks like we shall all have to wait until July and August.

The rumour mill is saying that SW will have a large amount of cash spent on it this year. What's got me wondering is the time frame, there hasn't been much action in the Bermuda show building, and there doesn't seem like there's much time left for a new attraction there. While I don't think they're likley to use the same ride system again, it's worth pointing out that it took a full year to turn Lassiter's Lost Mine into Bermuda Triangle, so what ever they're doing, they need to do it quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was given the opportunity to speak with management at Village Roadshow today and asked them about the future of Bermuda Triangle and the River Ride. The response was basically that Village Roadshow Theme Parks are focusing their attention on the brand new attractions already announced at their parks. The Jet Ski Extreme Show, Spongebob Squarepants Parade and Dora the Explorer Show at Sea World, and the new attraction at the front of park at Movie World. At the moment, there are no immediate plans for replacements for Bermuda Triangle and Looney Tunes River Ride. VRTP are committed to the quality of their attractions, and offering new experiences and attractions to the local VIP customers are one of the top priorities. I say we wait it out and be patient. I would love them to spend a long time making something brilliant then disappointing with a poor attempt that is slapped together. nate

Edited by aussienetman

It seems the Research Probes have gone for a journey along the motorway this morning... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=229034607130060&set=a.229034560463398.63550.228782990488555&type=1

I just managed to have a Capn Cook at that this morning since the internet's not been working for most of this past week for me. They might be of a different construction to MW's LTRR boats or they could be made of the same material and painted differently. Who knows. I'm thinking they might be headed to MW for a repaint - possibly to double the capacity of the LTRR (if it is being refurbed to add more guests) or maybe a brand new boat attraction. Only time will tell.