2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

The presentation of the thing looks pretty bad. I say presentation because it doesn't seem to have ANY theming. Dont think there's much time to change that either.

I agree - the disk doesn't look much like an 'undersea vessel' at the moment! Maybe they ran out of time? Seriously, when are the parks going to allow enough time to properly build new attractions? Why is it always a last minute rush?

I agree - the disk doesn't look much like an 'undersea vessel' at the moment! Maybe they ran out of time? Seriously, when are the parks going to allow enough time to properly build new attractions? Why is it always a last minute rush?

When have Australians ever been organised?

Just having a look around and the 120cm height restriction seems to be across the board for all types of disk'o. As Gazza said, no matter how big the disk'o its still a family ride. They could have got the biggest one and still called if a family ride. I am still disapointed that dw have gone for two Meh attractions.

Edited by aussienetman

I actually don't mind what they have gone with. Shockwave will be an ideal starting block for those working up to a ride on the Claw and it adds more kinetic movement to an already busy area. Over in Gold Rush country the upcoming Skyloop XT450 will certainly turn heads on the highway whether it winds up getting a custom extension or not. Both additions will add to what is becoming a bewildering array of Flat rides for DW which regardless of a pretty underwhelming budget, this seems to be just what the punters want

I actually don't mind what they have gone with. Shockwave will be an ideal starting block for those working up to a ride on the Claw and it adds more kinetic movement to an already busy area. Over in Gold Rush country the upcoming Skyloop XT450 will certainly turn heads on the highway whether it winds up getting a custom extension or not. Both additions will add to what is becoming a bewildering array of Flat rides for DW which regardless of a pretty underwhelming budget, this seems to be just what the punters want

How do you know the Maurer coaster will be the extented skyloop?

^cheers for clarifying mate! Sorry what I meant to say was that regardless of whether they get the SkyloopXT150 (hehe sounds like a new type of mobile phone!) or if they (however doubtfully) chose to lash out and get a customized XT450, the Public reaction would probably be the same either way. I was looking through the Maurer Sohne site today and noticed that whilst they offer standard templates, customized extensions to the standard loop can be tailored to fit the Park's needs in terms of available space and more importantly, budget. Just a few dips and turns after the initial loop would not only fatten out the ride time but also provide an improved hourly capacity and greater guest satisfaction It's a shame but it seems to me that the decision to install the Disc'O won out over spending the extra money on customizing a circuit for the loop. Now it appears DW will wind up with 1 meh ride & 1 good ride. I'd much rather trade that in for 1 great roller coaster. Wouldn't you?

Edited by MickeyD

It's a shame but it seems to me that the decision to install the Disc'O won out over spending the extra money on customizing a circuit for the loop. Now it appears DW will wind up with 1 meh ride & 1 good ride. I'd much rather trade that in for 1 great roller coaster. Wouldn't you?

Agree with this actually, its not as if there is a shortage of flats at Dreamworld...It's almost as if they came too early, and wanted something for these school holidays instead of just waiting for another 3 months. Anyhow, I reckon I'll wait a couple of weeks until after the holidays, just in case the theming isn't done, and of course to avoid any potential lines. I'll also get a chance to check out "Central" by then (See what I did there). Edited by Gazza

The presentation of the thing looks pretty bad. I say presentation because it doesn't seem to have ANY theming. Dont think there's much time to change that either.

Dreamworld's 'Kenny Koala' on their Facebook page has said they are still finalising theming for Shockwave. On Dreamworld's updated park map, it may give you an idea of the possible theming for the new ride: post-1244-0-30231700-1308902348_thumb.jp Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Might want to take a look at http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15129555,00.html and you will see something interesting in the video that accompanies that article. In particular something that looks like: post-188-0-87016300-1307961737_thumb.jpg There is also some nice factual information on bridge expansion joints too!

FWIW, those trains ended up going to Bayern Park in Germany. I also feel it's important to bring attention to a (slightly selective) quote from yours truly: http://airtimers.com/bayern-park-die-zuge-des-freischutz-enthullt/0010062/

My bet is that that train is for this ride going into Bayern Park in Germany.