2 new rides for Dreamworld in 2011

GoGoBoy

Yep, sounds like their will be an attempt at solid theming... That's a welcome sign

Yes and considering they are just going with the basic skyloop model, it is the least they could do. Also glad they are building it in an area of the park that hasn't seen any new additions for a long time... give Ocean Parade a rest!!

Yep, sounds like their will be an attempt at solid theming... That's a welcome sign

Unless a press release explicitly states it's going to be a themed experience I don't think emotive descriptions are good enough to gague the quality of the final product.... That's if Shockwaves theming is anything to go by.

Unless a press release explicitly states it's going to be a themed experience I don't think emotive descriptions are good enough to gague the quality of the final product.... That's if Shockwaves theming is anything to go by.

Agree Gazza. This paragraph of the release got me excited. "Unexplainable occurrences recounted by staff working in the area and historic research dating back to the late 1800s have inspired the rides theme and will have guests wondering where fact ends and fiction begins." This makes me think that they might do some sort of theming. Granted, the theming may be a sign held up with bandaids and a ride op wearing a white sheet as a "spooky miner" but I'm willing to give Dreamworld the benefit of the doubt. (Annual Pass don't fail me now!) Edited by aussienetman

"Unexplainable occurrences recounted by staff working in the area and historic research dating back to the late 1800’s have inspired the ride’s theme and will have guests wondering where fact ends and fiction begins

Hmmm, where have I heard history linked with paranormal activity...Oh, I know, from Thorpe Park :rolleyes: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354393/Thorpe-Park-Storm-Surge-ride-Headless-monk-seen-workmen.html

'Staff reports of eerie goings-on shot up and the only physical change in the park, at that time, was the beginning of ground preparation work for the new ride. 'As employees were getting freaked out, we decided to call on an expert to see whether there was anything to report but had no idea of the dramatic effects.'

The 64ft-tall water ride, Storm Surge, was originally planned for an area known as Monk's Walk, an old footpath that has linked the ruins of nearby Chertsey Abbey to Thorpe Church since AD666.

Edited by Gazza

Yep csp, bit late on that one, but first to post it here I think. Buzzsaw, shockwave; 2 new rides Add dreamworks And there's your suprise. Movieworld come on Show your hand What's in store for Superhero land ? And over at seaworld, Where's the love? Bermuda 2: Ghosts from above I'm wet, I'm wild I'm seeing a flick White water world What's your next trick ? End of poem.

Hey guys, just an update on BuzzSaw at Dreamworld. The top of the tower where the overhanging track was assembled today and will probably be lifted in the coming days along with the basic foundations for the station completed now. It's looking as though it could be completed in the next 2 - 3 weeks at the latest. In other news, the Nickelodeon shop has been repainted on the outside and is looking great along with Bumper Beach.

Hello there! So unfortunately, I'm still without a camera, so I can't get photos of a good enough quality for a Parkz Update. But since we all want to see how the new rides are coming along, I took at trip to both Dreamworld and Movieworld to check out the latest progress and take some photos... on my iPhone. Here are the photos from Dreamworld, not to be reposted elsewhere: post-3-0-52371100-1312180865_thumb.jpg Buzzsaw's lift hill tower post-3-0-74945400-1312180926_thumb.jpg The return tower post-3-0-33844000-1312180982_thumb.jpg More structure to go on top of the lift tower post-3-0-98294600-1312181038_thumb.jpg The lift tower again post-3-0-62285700-1312181091_thumb.jpg The station begins to rise and the return tower again post-3-0-55953300-1312181162_thumb.jpg The station again and the return tower again post-3-0-09672600-1312181219_thumb.jpg The return tower again post-3-0-81666200-1312181277_thumb.jpg The return tower again. There isn't much to this ride is there? post-3-0-24450900-1312181329_thumb.jpg Have you seen the lift tower yet? Oh you have? post-3-0-55163200-1312181385_thumb.jpg Something different, one of the two pieces of track remaining in the carpark. There may not be much too it, but It looks like it'll be a fun ride when finished, and adds something else to build the excitement for those entering the park. It is a shame that Dreamworld have decided to again purchase such a low capacity ride, but it nice to see something new going in. We'll keep you posted on the progress.

Edited by joz

Construction of the ride seems to be at the same point in the photos above. I did notice that the Old Time Photos outlet has been relocated to a space opposite the entrance for Thunder River Rapids. I would think the building previously used for Old Time photos will be a merchandise shop/exit path for BuzzSaw (with the queue being in the path between that building and the annual pass centre). post-2117-0-27936700-1312756092_thumb.jp post-2117-0-46668900-1312756093_thumb.jp

cheers for that! So 12 seats all up - 3 rows of 2 facing in both directions.. Gee I hope the waiting area is going to be interesting because that line is going to move so sloooooooooooooowly :mellow: Interesting how they thread the train on to the track before the loop is fully constructed. Unlike full circuit coasters that have a maintenance bay and track switch area, if this ride has problems with the train then it would be out of action for some time

Hmm..I would like to know what this comment is in relation to...especially what facts that you can base this allegation on!!!

Hmmm i tend to agree with the statement... Mick Doohan was 2007 and $10 million, that was 4 years ago. I think we can expect to be waiting the same amount of time until anything significant again.