Dreamworld 5 year plan - a challenge

So I threw my opinion in again on Dreamworld's page again. Check it out here - http://www.facebook.com/dreamworld/posts/10151339629613613 What do you think? Yay or nay? Or is it just trollworthy?

Fair points made but there is no point complaining about the detail in their responses. Do I think Todd Coates or the exec team moderate the Facebook page?? There is 1 FT staff member that looks after social media for DW/WWW - she isn't in a position to provide u with answers specific to their operational goals and decisions

Fair points made but there is no point complaining about the detail in their responses. Do I think Todd Coates or the exec team moderate the Facebook page?? There is 1 FT staff member that looks after social media for DW/WWW - she isn't in a position to provide u with answers specific to their operational goals and decisions

Yet she should stay well informed to be able to keep up with us that really care, catering for everyone?

You can still hear that Tower of Terror in the animal area. It is way too loud!

1) Yes you can, but a lot different to having it roaring at high speed right past the animals... a loud noise 200 metres away is a lot better for the animals than a loud noise 10 metres away. Having said that - for people, i don't consider it 'too loud'. Is it loud? Yes - but what do you expect for that type of ride? It happens for about 10 seconds, and then theres 3-5 minutes silence before it happens again... it's not like it's a constant noise that impedes your ability to communicate.

So I threw my opinion in again on Dreamworld's page again. Check it out here - http://www.facebook....151339629613613 What do you think? Yay or nay? Or is it just trollworthy?

I think you posted exactly what everyone is thinking. I really feel for the PR person managing the page though, clearly trying to come up with a "stock standard" PR reply to try keep you happy haha. Shame it made them come across as condescending.

See I don't think the park was in bad shape when ToT went in, and we can hardly criticise the park for putting in a record breaker... But soon after is like when they jumped on the Six Flags model and it all went down hill. Disneyland is living proof you don't have to jump on a fad and abandon all heritage to make a dollar, quite the opposite. I don't like to bash for the sake of it but the DW park looks like shit these days. The only decent thing left is Tiger Island, the rest is just really poor form. They lack any strategic vision and the SBNO thing is ridiculous. Everyone criticised village for SBNO attractions in their parks and look, in the last 12 months pretty much all of those have been turned into new attractions. Yet Dreamworld just sits there rotting away.

Rappa - I disagree on one point there - Tiger Island is great, but it isn't the only 'decent' thing left... I know it isn't original, but they've done a pretty fantastic job to take what is at best a bunch of carnival style attractions (as well as some existing ones) and turned them into three new lands! (We'll completely ignore the fact that those 3 lands used to be ONE world, and it's mainly cosmetic)... but I guess if you look back at Wonderland with the loss of the HB license, they went with a generic kiddies land - Little Wonders Land... yes it was joke. Most rides just had their previous signage removed, and a new generic name put up. When Nick left Coomera, they could have just generically themed the old Nick Central - but i'm pretty impressed with what they've done there - its a cohesive theme with good attention to detail. I'd say the Dreamworks area is on par with some areas of Universal. Sure, the attractions aren't as grand - but it is a kiddie area afterall.... It's just what lies outside the Dreamworks Experience that's gone to shit. The park obviously had to follow strict guidelines to install Dreamworks... all they need to do is follow suit with the rest of the park - not all at once (god knows it's expensive) but if they took to an overhaul makeover of one 'world' a year, it wouldn't be long before DW was back in good form.

The main problem with Dreamworld is they forgot the reason it was built. Dreamworld was susposed to be a park like Disneyland in Australia. But now they have destroyed some of the old Disneyland like attractions (original Avalanche mountain - destroyed when Nick Central came along - now demolished, Gum Tree Gully show, paddle steamer), and all recent ride additions do not live up to Disneyland standards.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, the thread on Facebook got some pretty decent traction with a fair few peeps - http://www.facebook.com/dreamworld/posts/10151339629613613?comment_id=25438407&offset=0&total_comments=27&notif_t=feed_comment At this point its kinda like banging my head against my desk - it seems no matter how much we as a collective group keep doing this nothing will change.

Just saw this as one of Belindas replies to a post.

" If you have a look through our Facebook page there is very little which has not been discussed, queried or complimented about our parks here. Dreamworld has embraced this forum for comments and questions, however when some answers require more information for us to be able to respond accurately, or in some cases we would love more information to enable us to look into the feedback we have been provided then we will ask that guest to call. We've found that we have a great following and avid theme park guru's connected to us via this forum, some of whom we benefit from having exchanges with. So, if you have something you would like to add or ask.. be our guest "