Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

Ok, please don't do this again! That's as far as this potential argument needs to go. We've all been through this in what, 2 or 3 other threads? OT - Considering how fast rides have gone up of late, I personally would have expected to see a bit more development at this point. In saying that, hopefully this is a good sign and it's going to be well thought out with great theming.

Ok, please don't do this again! That's as far as this potential argument needs to go. We've all been through this in what, 2 or 3 other threads? OT - Considering how fast rides have gone up of late, I personally would have expected to see a bit more development at this point. In saying that, hopefully this is a good sign and it's going to be well thought out with great theming.

No argument Reanimated. I believe I had stated all that needed to be said. There is no need to protract anything any further. As you have rightly pointed out, we have all been through this sort of thing before. But it's funny that there is one common denominater to all those threads right? And yes fingers crossed that this new ride DOES live up to Bermuda's mighty legacy.

I don't think so, why does it even have to do it anyway? Why not just craft it's own legacy as a unique ride? It's a compleatly different ride. No need to set the standards high and risk being dissatisfied with the final product. It will probably be awesome in it's own right, no need to compare it to a ride that stood SBNO for a long time and was never going to return.

I think they mean it on a level basis, not a fork in the road way like you're putting it. Like Batman, for example had a great legacy, and to put in numbers for shits and giggles lets say 7. Now although JL is different it may just surpass it with a 9. How you're putting it is like a fork in the road, a completely different path even though its the same ride.......

I think they mean it on a level basis, not a fork in the road way like you're putting it. Like Batman, for example had a great legacy, and to put in numbers for shits and giggles lets say 7. Now although JL is different it may just surpass it with a 9. How you're putting it is like a fork in the road, a completely different path even though its the same ride.......

Thanks jjutp!! Apologies I didn't think this was such a difficult concept to follow. Maybe I need to be clearer in my postings....or a trifle more blunt perhaps?? Oh well...Lol!!

Some not good enough quality for a proper Parkz update photos post-3-0-11524600-1357459627_thumb.jpg The show building/show shed. What ever you want to call it post-3-0-99239400-1357459756_thumb.jpg Nothing Left of the Bermuda Platform post-3-0-99452800-1357459901_thumb.jpg The Flume ride has (for the time being at least) reopened post-3-0-18952800-1357460022_thumb.jpg The course is now a bit shorter, and the trough has been removed from it's old path between the palm trees and Jet Rescue post-3-0-43521900-1357460112_thumb.jpg The concrete trough is a bit bleak and the pool fencing in the area looks like vomit, hopefully just a temporary setup for the school holidays and it'll look better when the area is finished. post-3-0-44563800-1357460198_thumb.jpg In other news, there are footers EVERYWHERE!! post-3-0-34933900-1357460348_thumb.jpg Included this photo to make them look intrusive, but they aren't that bad in reality . Props for going to the effort to but temporary plywood boxes around the footers. post-3-0-83245600-1357460466_thumb.jpg Around the side of the building... wow, so many things going on here, click to enlarge. post-3-0-78475000-1357460586_thumb.jpg Where the big head you used to go under was. You can see some of the old trough on the right of the picture post-3-0-11531300-1357460712_thumb.jpg Basiclly the same thing again. So yeah, hope you enjoy the photos, have a nice day :)

OT - Considering how fast rides have gone up of late, I personally would have expected to see a bit more development at this point. In saying that, hopefully this is a good sign and it's going to be well thought out with great theming.

The reason rides have gone up so fast recently is because they have all been cheap, compact rides like the Buzzsaw and Green Lantern. This is a larger-scale project. With that said, we could see it up quite soon, but it wont be built as fast as the Green Lantern was after its announcement.

I like the nice touch on covering up theming the footings footers out in the pedestrian areas. Hopefully it doesn't remain 'just plywood' (because it'll rot) and they paint up the concrete the same way, or something with a wavy stormy theme around it. On the footers - they are everywhere... and holy crap that layout looks interesting! Cannot wait. I have it on relatively good authority that this is definitely not going to be ready in April... As said already, September is almost certainly bang on the money.... then they can have 'soft opening' that runs for 3 months before the christmas holidays.... that sounds familiar?

Thanks for those great photos joz - best yet. I really like the fact we can see partly inside the show building. I was just wondering though - in the photo where you mention it was the location where the big head used to be that riders travelled through - I'm assuming this was previously an enclosed extension to the building that has now been demolished? Is that correct?

Edited by GoGoBoy

Check some old aerial shots. I'm not free to have a look now but on my YouTube channel the 1990s video has a fly over at some stage, if not one of the old ads on YouTube will have it. EDIT Photo evidence: post-3-0-52283400-1357566789_thumb.jpg That's the extra bit in the red box. Also just for fun here's one that's even earlier than that :)/> post-3-0-15392700-1357567211_thumb.jpg

Edited by joz
Because Jesus

It looks like it may be an outdoor rollercoaster opeing around September 2013 and another ride "Wild" opening in 2014 may go inside the old show building which currently is flooded...

We've already worked out the outdoor part, and the September part is a general guess going off everything thats happened previously..... We also havn't clarified yet whether "Wild" will be a ride or not yet, for all we know "Storm Chaser" (current poll results) will be occupying that building, and there really isn't much point in starting this far off; No matter what the ride is- We're not Disney you know......