New Kids Ride for Movie World

joz

On the VIP pass page: "With the awesome new Storm Coaster coming to Sea World and Mini Cars Driving School cruising into Movie World this September, it’ll be the best year of fun yet."

'Mini Cars Driving School' - if that's the name of it then Movie World has truly dropped their 'movie' theme. No sign of Looney Tunes either

Doesn't Movie World already have a mini cars driving ride for kids? I can't help but feel this is a tragic replacement for the River Ride. Looney Tunes was an immersive, highly-themed dark boat ride with a huge amount of animatronics and special effects, plus a unique hidden lift system that elevated the boat and connected it with a water coaster section. It's being replaced by a kids driving 'school' :(

Doesn't Movie World already have a mini cars driving ride for kids? I can't help but feel this is a tragic replacement for the River Ride. Looney Tunes was an immersive, highly-themed dark boat ride with a huge amount of animatronics and special effects, plus a unique hidden lift system that elevated the boat and connected it with a water coaster section. It's being replaced by a kids driving 'school' :(

A number of years ago I tried a driving school style attraction at Legoland in Denmark. It is actually quite a fun experience for younger kids. though I think it is suited to an outdoor location. If it's indoor I can't see it as much more than a less crazy bumper cars attraction...

MEDIA RELEASE TODAY The Gold Coast’s BIG THREE theme parks, Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast have released a new VIP pass that for the first time offers up to 14 months unlimited entry for just $99.99 - just in time to escape the winter blues. With a host of exciting new rides and attractions planned for 2013 including Sea World’s Storm Coaster and Movie World’s Mini Cars Driving School attraction, the VIP Pass is the best way to experience amazing theme park holiday fun while getting great value family holiday entertainment. Additionally, a special buy three, get one free offer is on sale until 30 June 2013. Village Roadshow Theme Parks spokesperson Darrin Davies said that the VIP Pass gives families the chance to spend quality time together enjoying all the theme parks have to offer. “The VIP Pass really is the best deal around because it gives unlimited entry to three theme parks for up to fourteen months, so Guests can come back to the Gold Coast over and over again, plus there is a truly exciting line-up of new attractions opening this year. “This September will be huge with the launch of Sea World’s Storm Coaster which will be an Australian first ride featuring over 470 metres of thrilling track and amazing water effects. Also in September, Movie World will launch a fun filled family ride experience, Mini Cars Driving School where kids will be able to drive their own mini-car around a mini version of Movie World. “Right now the VIP Pass really is the best deal around because it gives unlimited entry to three theme parks for up to fourteen months. Combined with the buy three get one free deal, there never has been a better time to get a VIP pass to the best theme parks in Australia. “These VIP offers have not been seen before and they represent exceptional value. We have a truly exciting year ahead of us with new things to see and do so the sooner people take advantage of the $99.99 offer the more they get to visit our parks. But you need to get in quick as the offer is only available until June 30, 2013,” he said. This amazing deal is only available at ThemeParks.com.au or by calling 133 FUN. The VIP Pass buy three get one free specials is strictly limited offer which end on 30 June 2013. The VIP Pass is valid from now until 30 June 2014 and provides unlimited entry to Movie World, Sea World and Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast for only $99.99 per pass. Why not make your theme park holiday complete with a stay at the award winning Sea World Resort & Water Park. Guests of Sea World Resort can now join everyone’s favourite sponge and his nautical friends in their own underwater adventure at the amazing ‘SpongeBob SplashBash’. Phone 133 FUN or visit SeaWorldResort.com.au for a great range of packages. I think I remember someone posted in the thread earlier that they were going to be riding around a Mini MovieWorld.... good call and well caught! Also says this is a family attraction.... Look I am all for the family attraction to replace LTRR but it will be two family attractions back to back at Movieworld. Happy to see LTRR finally getting its replacement, but worried that this ride just wont live up to its predecessor. I suppose people were worried when Gremlins closed as well !

Edited by aussienetman

I 100% echo this sentiment.. Sorry MW this is a LAME REPLACEMENT and an INSULT to a Classic Dark Ride.. I'm sorry but this whole idea is totally unimaginative and very DW in it's execution... It simply does not reflect the work of the Park's Creative group.. shame shame shame.. All I can hope for now is that it will only take up a tinsy portion of the building with something bigger and better planned for the rest of it..

Seems like a disapointing outcome, mainly because I was hoping for a large Looney Tunes attraction. Will withhold judgement on the current proposal until I see how its implemented. There is potential within the idea, or it could just be a cheap (hopefully small) addition. Doesn't really rectify the issue about a lack of big family attractions. This seems entirely targeted towards kids, which IMO isn't the best strategy considering the site and what its replacing. Will be interesting to see where the park continues to develop/expand after this has been completed.

Edited by keadz

Given that WB remains full of Looney Tunes characters in one way, could this still have a Tunes theme despite not having the specific name? Like Bugs is your driving instructor or something? and it's the modern WBKids take on Bugs? I'm talking about from a "mini-main street" POV? and obviously the roving kids characters? The logo still reminds me of WB's cartoons, which is why I ask. Obviously some "characters" are to be involved. I'm just wondering if it does have a "Modern Tunes" theme after all?

Edited by colliric_855

I'm sure everyone would have wanted something better in the LTRR building, but I think it's a good idea for kids, and parents with kids. Kids love to drive, and it would probably be a first for them (assuming its not like the other two driving rides in the area) which would be a proud moment for parents. If the execution of the "Mini Movie World" theming is done right, it would impress people of all ages.. "Yo dawg, we heard you like movie world so we put a movie world in your movie world so you can movie world while your at movie world." On another note, there's still more than half of the building for something else..