2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I understand what Liz is saying, it does sometimes feel like you are up there an age, but agree if you look at a stable reference point you are moving the whole time until the release. Whether there is a level of inconsistency in the deceleration process vs time (shouldn't be) or it's just a perception thing I'm not certain

Edited by Brad2912

An engineer told me the water was removed due to corrosion and he said if they left the water in there any longer the ride would of fallen to bits. The wooden jetty thing has been started to being ripped up and that has been covering the water jets since it was built to cover them back in 2007. Also i have noticed in some recent pictures new pipes have been built on top of the water jets at the bottom of the wave, it's hard to describe but if you look carefully there is about 4-5 of them.

I believe you're correct again, WhipeoutDreamWorldFan - showing my age again here, I recall the excitement surrounding the construction of the ride when I was about 17 at the time, it had been too many years since DW had added anything major. I visited on the ride's opening day, media were everywhere as were some then, now perhaps forgotten aussie tv personalities of the era.

"Like windsurfing inside a washing machine" - the phrase was coined by one who sat on the edge of the gondola, directly in the firing line of one of the water jets. As the gondola swung forward, the jet would reach up and absolutely blast the shit out of one rider in particular. As the carriage flipped it would flick and spray all over, soaking it over again and again. It was a fun and impressive sight that was very much controlled by the ride's operator. It was also pretty daft for DW to think the ride could be run in such a way long term without falling to pieces. I have no doubt this gimmick will return but next time more of a tease, largely missing riders as they ebb up and down out of harms way of a good drenching.

I think the point they (and I earlier) were trying to make is that the three different colours indicate they're going to try a 'whitewater' wave type paintjob blended from top to bottom. If they were going with a solid colour, all coats would have been that same colour.

Thanks Alex that's exactly what I meant, although originally I didn't explain it very well so I apologise for the confusion. The only thing I don't understand is what exactly are they doing? They put the lightest coat on the bottom and then the next two coats get darker, If they were going to do some type of 'whitewater' effect, (which would be a pretty cool effect, better then the original 'Light Blue' colour when it originally opened IMO) then why would they cover each shade of blue completely with another coat? Is it just a simple technique of theme painting that I'm not aware of? That uses this method in order two bring out all shades of blue later on? Sorry if my curiosity bores people ;)

The MDMC/Wiggles World portion of the lake was MUCH cleaner than it was when I went down a couple of weeks ago. Last time it was just totally green with scum, yesterday it seemed predominantly clear.

Wow! That's really great to hear, I guess i'm not the only one that's glad we no longer have an 'Ogre's Swamp' next to Wiggles World. I wonder if they end up using that little island for something in the future? Since i'm pretty sure the Paddle Wheel (God rest it's soul) isn't coming back, you could do some pretty interesting developments with that little spec of land, now that's something to ponder on for a while...

BTW, has anyone else figured out what the other 'Major Attraction' being restored would be? I've been reading through the Forums and found only speculation and wishlist's lol, TBH I'd really like to see (like most people on here) The Cyclone restored to the extent that TOT2 has with relayed lights, warning screens and sound effects. A brand new train that gives you more leg room wouldn't be too bad either, whenever I sit in the right seat my right knee just so happens to fit in a gaffer taped portion of the foam dashboard quite comfortably, but my feet are cramped up inside resting on the uneven floor... I'm only 6ft tall so i'm sure i'm not the only one with comfortability problems on the Cyclone, not to mention the rough ride that i've seen people complain about throughout the Forums, and they ain't exaggerations! :)

If so, would that mean the path of the RIP would change? And where do people think the queue and splash pool will be for the new slide?

The queue will be on the same stairwell as the Rip I assume, much like the Wedgie's queue beside the Green Room. I'm sure the Rip will remain unchanged and depending on the type of slide the splash down will probable be an extension of the Rip's pool. I doubt BRO will be impacted during construction but I think the Rip will eventually close for a bit.

BTW, has anyone else figured out what the other 'Major Attraction' being restored would be?

From what I've heard with certain features being removed from the log ride I can see it being the other attraction being restored. I know what they've removed is only minor but they could do so much in those caves and while you're going up the main lift. Not my first choice to be restored, but it seems to me like it is more likely.

I think it would be good if they restored the log ride. If they do so, I think they should almost just start again. Fix up the station, so there is shade, fix up the theming, to change the major lift hill so its smoother and its much darker. They should also change the route of it. There is nothing wrong with the current one, but if they are going to change it, they need to do something major. Otherwise changes they make could just be done in annual maintenance.

The attractions I think they will makeover will either be the cyclone, river rapids or log ride.

Just a thought though and I think this is very unlikely, but there is always a slight chance; they might makeover the eureka mine ride. It is still all there, all they need to do is upgrade the entire system and give it a makeover so it doesn't look as bad as it does now.

all they need to do is upgrade the entire system and give it a makeover so it doesn't look as bad as it does now.

So basically what you're saying is "all" they need to do is rebuild the entire thing?

Log ride doesn't need a new path. It just needs some new theming and something to make the journey a little more exciting.

I'm thinking a Flintstones type ride where you have to gather up those rocks and peg them at people, that would suite this themeing well... whoever gets charged with murder due to blunt force trauma wins the game!! Talk about a Thrill Ride being chased down by the local police force!

I also heard a bonus round could insue in the case of a tie, using the steel cables, you have to get your oponent tangled up inside them... then apply at least 10,000 volts to cook them up... Who ordered Medium Rare? Hahaha ;)

From what I've heard with certain features being removed from the log ride I can see it being the other attraction being restored. I know what they've removed is only minor but they could do so much in those caves and while you're going up the main lift. Not my first choice to be restored, but it seems to me like it is more likely.

Quite possible, but that said, would they have already reworked and rethemed the cave section with the saw equipment if it is still to be announced as a "revamped" attraction?

Probably unrelated, but I noticed there are some new mounting frames hanging over and beyond the gondola on the Giant Drop. First thought is that they are new camera mounts, but I guess they could be anything. Could we be seeing a small scale refurb on the Giant Drop?

Edited by T-bone

I was at Dreamworld today and saw a couple of changes over at the Wipeout. Firstly all the fencing was removed and new footings for the new fencing was going up. They seemed to be laying the foundational wireframe stuff down where the pathway is being extended to. The footings for the fence were right up against where the water used to be. Also the entire wooden platform thing was removed and the only thing left there was a big concrete slab that had a tent over the top of it so that no one could see into it. No progress on the new thrill ride or water slide though.

They could probably change the train for the Cyclone. I hate how you have to push your head back to avoid injury, it's uncomfortable. On the other hand, for the thrill ride. I hope it's an attraction that's thrilling and exciting and with good theming!!! For WWW's new slide a family boomerango would be awesome with like a really big drop that sends you really high, but not too high you go flying off the half pipe. That would be perfect!!!

Edited by themeparklover