2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

This image is about 3 weeks old now, I posted it in the maintanence forum, since then they have ripped up the jetty which was covering the water jets, ripped up the concrete out the front to move the fence line closer to the ride, painted the supports a lighter blue and they have also painted the beach themed changing rooms and the operator beach house to new colours such as red, purple, yellow, orange and green.

So... if the ride is currently a light blue colour, they could be bringing the ride back to it's ORIGINAL colour scheme...

WipeOut2.jpg

Would sure be a nice throwback to the Dreamworld of the 90's.

I agree with you on that one. It will also be good if they bring back the water and even better if they brought back Fluffy.

they have ripped up the jetty which was covering the water jets, ripped up the concrete out the front to move the fence line closer to the ride, painted the supports a lighter blue and they have also painted the beach themed changing rooms and the operator beach house to new colours such as red, purple, yellow, orange and green.

Is there any other new with Reef Diver? If the whole ride gone now?

I agree with you on that one. It will also be good if they bring back the water and even better if they brought back Fluffy.

Is there any other new with Reef Diver? If the whole ride gone now?

Hey, I'm not sure. A friend told me about the current Wipeout situation late last week as I was not there myself so I'm not to sure about the Reef diver situation. Hopefully someone is visiting Dreamworld soon and can take some updated pictures of both Wipeout and Reef Diver :)

Might go there this weekend and get a few photo's...

Always loved the Wipeout, and seeing it now being restored to its (hopefully) original state back in 1994 just gives me chills, would love to film a commercial for the grand re-opening of it and make it like a super cheesy, super corny 90's ad haha!

I hope this isnt the only ride that Dreamworld decides to restore in the future.

I had literally just suggested an Alley in the update - but my question is - will it fit?

The New Thrill Slide will be Triple the fun *cough*Tornado alley*cough*

Anyone have any ideas for the WWW slide... "triple the fun" and what it might mean (maybe an Alley?... is there room?) - sure it could have three elements... or it could just be that its a third 'little ripper'? (unlikely but the triple could mean just that)...

I'd say re-routing the path permanently alongside the Cyclone towards the toilets could give enough room for one. If the splashdown was next to the Rip they could use the same conveyor for rafts. In the image below, I did measure out the funnel diameters per the ProSlide website, but the rest is just guesswork.

post-2117-0-77331700-1402286705_thumb.pn